or
slayer
or
kyuss
or
bob marley and the wailers
or
the ramones

Back in 1977 I saw two of the above on the same bill. Guess which two - and who headlined and who supported.

Personally, I can't even pick a 1st favourite band/artist - Moz is always up there - but there are many many others.

SUEDE!
1993Suede04.jpg

They may be the first now, I'm listening a lot to them, but Brett's lyrics aren't half good as Morrissey's.

and The Electric Soft Parade
int-0606-theelectricsoftparade.jpg

Depending on the day, I could go with:

REM
or
Interpol
or
Billy Bragg
or
The Bravery
or
The Rolling Stones

Back in 1977 I saw two of the above on the same bill. Guess which two - and who headlined and who supported.

Personally, I can't even pick a 1st favourite band/artist - Moz is always up there - but there are many many others.

Talking Heads opening for the Ramones, yes? :)

Mmm.. it's a tie between Antony and the Johnsons, Black Flag, Buzzcocks, Leonard Cohen and Sleater-Kinney... I think.

and my eternal guilty pleasure: cock sparrer -.-

The Smiths

It should be Against Me! What an excellent band! Are you upset because they are now opening for the Foo Fighters? Did you not like New Wave? Sorry I'm being a nerd because no one on this board ever talks about them :cool:

no don't worry! i'm happy to see that someone has interest enough in them to mention my post. i think that if they could choose, they wouldn't be touring with the foo. it's likely something done by sire to open them up to a broader fan base. which with the new album, seems to be their goal. they've toured in stadiums in support of 'searching for' and have played with bands like green day before so i guess it's not exactly something new.

but i am dissapointed with new wave completely. although i support them all of the way and the lyrics and the topics they sing about still reflect the mentality they had 10 years ago, the music just doesn't anymore. and i realize that bands change and their sound changes but i never thought when i first started listening to them i would hear the clean production and guitar solos within their songs. i know that they want to bring intelligence back into the punk scene and they seem to be doing just that based on the critical acclaim of the album, but they aren't the same band. i miss the time when they sang 'our arenas are just basements and bookstores across an underground america' and it still reflected their mentality. but of all the bands that deserve to make a living doing this, it's definitely them. maybe i'm just being too picky :confused::p

Was the Rolling Stones, then The Doors, then The Libertines. Now and forever Joy Division.

R.E.M. - very excited about the new album. After them, it's a 3-way tie between Joy Div./Death Cab For Cutie/Coutning Crows. And after that it's Radiohead/Elliott Smith/New Order.

Coiff.

Right band. Wrong bass player. Sid was a prize dick.

I hadn't put that much thought into it. Yes, Glen was far superior, wrote a fair amount of material, too. THe best pistols bassist, no doubt. However, Sid sure had style.

*Slaps you upside the head and then glares* ¬_¬

No, I know exactly where you're coming from :)

(¬_¬)

& nogodsnomasters85, did you read about the Pistols supposedly releasing a second studio album?

If that's true I hate John Lydon more.

Why the hate? True, it wouldn't compare to "Never Mind..", NOTHING will. But it could be fun, I mean his PiL stuff is pretty damn cool. But I'm not holding my breath.. I'm just praying to god for another US tour, I'd LOVE to see them live, again.

Back
Top Bottom