29 March 1985 Derngate Centre, Northampton

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VYC0698R

Thanks to the original recorder/uploader and Smiths Torrents for providing this...

Details from PassionsJustLikeMine.Com

29 March 1985
Derngate Centre, Northampton

William It Was Really Nothing****
Nowhere Fast****
I Want The One I Can't Have****
What She Said****
Hand in Glove****
How Soon Is Now?****
Stretch Out And Wait****
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore****

Shakespeare's Sister
Rusholme Ruffians
The Headmaster Ritual
Still Ill
Meat Is Murder
/Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
/Miserable Lie
//This Charming Man
//Handsome Devil

"This Charming Man" was played in Northampton for the only time on the British leg of the "Meat Is Murder" tour. It took the place of "Barbarism Begins At Home" in the setlist.

The Smiths were in great spirits and were very well received by the Northampton fans. Morrissey wasn't the most talkative. He introduced "The Headmaster Ritual" with the words "This is about (...) in life, like education...".
This is the better recording of just the last nine songs....Thanks again to the recorder and Smiths Torrents...

Neither did I until a few days ago..Thanks Again Smiths Torrents

Thank you so much- I was there and can't remember ANY of it, it was THAT good! Think I was in shock that The Smiths were in my grotty hometown- could hardly believe I lived there myself...Many many thanks!

Thank you so much- I was there and can't remember ANY of it, it was THAT good! Think I was in shock that The Smiths were in my grotty hometown- could hardly believe I lived there myself...Many many thanks!

Was this the only time they played Northhampton? How far is Northhampton from Southhampton?

If anybody has the full (albeit, inferior) recording please post it...

Was this the only time they played Northhampton? How far is Northhampton from Southhampton?

If anybody has the full (albeit, inferior) recording please post it...

Yes it was. Northampton is halfway between London and Birmingham- that's the best thing I can say about it- so its name is something of a misnomer. It's in the East Midlands.

What makes me really envious of the British is that the country is smaller than California, and yet Morrissey plays about 20-30x more venues....I would be broke if he did that here....

Thanks for posting it on your website :D

Back
Top Bottom