$28.99 For An Album?!

They should really be applauded for taking a stand and being willing to sacrifice sales for moral integrity. Something which not a lot of bands would have the stones to do nowadays.

I found it a bit unsettling that the company reacted to mild criticism in such a heavy-handed manner. Did they think that no one would realise that their CD's were expensive until Jake Scissors made a quip about their prices?

I love how if you scroll down, there's an ad for the album for £8.95 in an online store!

Retail is $16.99 for the regular edition of the SS album
And I guess $28.99 for the 2xCD version.

Of course, since it's brand new, it should be on sale. About $9.99 for the regular, and $19.99 for the special.

Ringleader's retail price is $21.99 for the CD/DVD combo. $18.99 for the other.

Man CDs cost way more in the UK, even on sale!

Last edited:
They should really be applauded for taking a stand and being willing to sacrifice sales for moral integrity. Something which not a lot of bands would have the stones to do nowadays.

I agree, scew Trans World.
(sadly, they're probably going to buy the shop I work in Tower Records, as it's bankrupt)
Jeeze, what would I tell people who came in to buy the SS album? It's selling pretty well in our area.
That being said, I don't like the new album, but to each his own.

Third comment........

In the end though, Jake Scissors or whomever was wrong about the high prices.
This is normal, retail price. It's giant electronic chainstores that make people feel every CD should be $9.00 because they're able to sell them all under cost value.

This, is really what's killing the true Brick and Mortar record shops.

That price has got to be for either the special edition or an import here in the staes. i have to say that I do shop at FYE as they are one of the few stores in which to buy music around here. Their prices are high but I can't believe that they'd sell a single cd at that price unless for the above mentioned reasons.

Retail is $16.99 for the regular edition of the SS album
And I guess $28.99 for the 2xCD version.

Nevermind, retail for the 2xCD version is 18.99.
I have no idea where they got the 28.99 from.

I agree, scew Trans World.
(sadly, they're probably going to buy the shop I work in Tower Records, as it's bankrupt)

Hey, does Tower still exists? I used to work in one of the London branches, they went bankrupt over here and Virgin took over giving them uniforms and customer service trainings, i left before they try to brainwash me.

And to think: Labels/Record Chains wonder why fans dont flock to their stores and buy their material? I would'nt pay a buck for a scissor sisters record, but they were right to take stand on it.

Most labels are f***ing "clueless" as to what good music, what fans want, or good pricing is, thats why so many are in the crapper right now.

Perfect explanation I can give to ANYONE who disagrees? It took Morrissey 7 years to get a new deal, you know the record industry is f***ing clueless when His PIMPship can't get a deal for 7 yrs. Besides, most of the garbage the labels are churning out now, isn't worth picking up anyways.

Many also bashed Wal Mart for standing firm on how they were going to price cd's, andf Wal Mart basically told people: "If you dont like it, go fick yourself".

Last edited:
Hey, does Tower still exists? I used to work in one of the London branches, they went bankrupt over here and Virgin took over giving them uniforms and customer service trainings, i left before they try to brainwash me.

Yup, about 89 stores in the US.
And a few licensed branches spread around other countries.

They've been in trouble and this is the second time in 4 years they've declared bankruptcy.

The auction is set for this Thursday and we'll find out who the new owner is.
Hopefully, it's not someone who will liquidate the store.
(although I wouldn't mind a liquidation sale......... shhh don't tell my co-workers).

It's sad though because I believe our Tower is the least corporate of all of them in the chain.
Everyone here is laid back, and pretty cool. There's an expert on everything.
One guy knows every piece of 'girl group' music known to man, from the dates, producers, labels (even their original label colors), to someone can tell you everything about bluegrass.
Our classical and jazz guy can't be beat either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom