Rusholme Ruffians****
The Headmaster Ritual****
Still Ill
Meat Is Murder
/Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
/Barbarism Begins At Home
//Miserable Lie

**** Not on bootleg

This was a great concert, Liverpool loved the Smiths and they often sang along with Morrissey to their favourite songs, such as set opener "William It Was Really Nothing". After "I Want The One I Can't Have", Morrissey apologised "Sorry about the barrier, nobody told us." Before "How Soon Is Now?" he teased the fans who were shouting requests: "Which, which one? Who? When?...". Then before "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore", he said "Hope everybody's well enough... we're not..."

"Shakespeare's Sister" was sarcastically introduced as "... our new single, which you're probably sick of hearing on the radio". In "Still Ill", the whole verse starting with "Ask me why and I'll die" to "and I should know because I've seen them but not very often..." was skipped. At the end of "Meat Is Murder", Morrissey sang "who cares when animals die" instead of "who hears when animals cry".

As he returned to the stage to perform the encore, Morrissey read someone's dedication of the next song to a handful of people: "This song is for Allison Flood, and Jill, Sue, Sharon and Donna... hope you enjoy your holiday, from Collette". "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" often stirred audiences into singalongs, and it was the case again in Liverpool. In "Miserable Lie", Morrissey didn't echo the ending of certain lines as he had been doing at the time. After the song he exclaimed "Goodbye, good luck, thank you!" before leaving the stage.

"Handsome Devil" which was ocasionally part of the setlist on this tour wasn't played in Liverpool
Does anyone have the full concert???

Tomorrow....

31 March 1985 Manchester Palace
6 April 1985 Royal Albert Hall, London
14 May 1985 Rome, Italy
20 May 1985 Madrid, Spain

Already got this one, but just wanted to share with everyone that this was the one and only time I ever saw the Smiths and I can confirm that it was a FANTASTIC show!

Shame, the boot (which was sold on vinyl as 'Your (sic) Full of Smith' doesn't contain the whole show.

Thanks for sharing SNS22. :)

I'm hoping to find the whole show...

Maybe it's on Smiths Torrents...

Back
Top Bottom