26 Aug 1986 Universal Ampitheatre, Los Angeles

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=88K64OPX

Thanks To SmellyFrenchBoy who uploaded this some time ago....

Thanks To PassionsJustLikeMine.Com For Details...

26 August 1986
Universal Amphitheater, Studio City, Los Angeles, CA

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want
Still Ill
I Want The One I Can't Have
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
How Soon Is Now?
Frankly, Mr. Shankly
Panic
Stretch Out And Wait
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
Is It Really So Strange?
Cemetry Gates
Never Had No One Ever
What She Said (with Rubber Ring intro and outro)
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
Meat Is Murder
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Reel Around The Fountain
The Queen Is Dead
/Money Changes Everything
/I Know It's Over
//Hand In Glove
//Bigmouth Strikes Again

For the third night in a row, the Smiths made a few changes to the set. This time "Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want" and "Reel Around The Fountain" were the returning songs. The former was played for the first time since the very first dates of this tour while the latter was played for the first time since the summer of 1985. It would never be played again later, making this performance an oddity. These songs took the place of the recently reintroduced "Rusholme Ruffians".

The Los Angeles shows were the wildest ones of the North American tour of 1986, with a good deal of stage climbing. Morrissey about the LA concerts, in retrospect: "The first night in LA, they brought in the police. The second night they had to bring in the army. People were so responsive - I had to be dragged off the stage several times. It was really insane."

Morrissey wasn't very talkative until "Panic" which he introduced as new, and followed with "Thank you... we're enjoying you immensely...". He then introduced the following number, "Stretch Out And Wait". Before "Is It Really So Strange?" in which a line was changed to "Oh yes you can ban me, and you can butt me", Morrissey asked "Any requests?". After the song he answered to someone in the audience "Obviously it is... what?... 'Still Ill'?" Shortly after that, "Never Had No One Ever" was introduced with "This is another song from our latest LP which you no doubt hear constantly on the radio." After "Meat Is Murder", requests were shouted from the audience and Morrissey answered to someone "What? Which one? 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'? Okay...". He seemed to accept the request but in fact the song just happened to be the next one planned. After that he told the crowd "Don't feel too restricted".

Returning to the stage for the first encore after the instrumental "Money Changes Everything", Morrissey said "We would like to say thank you to all the people who came to both nights... yes this was obviously every one of you... thank you!" The band seemed genuinely satisfied with the great reception they got, and this is probably why the final song "Bigmouth Strikes Again" was significantly extended with bits of improvisation by Morrissey and the rest of the Smiths.

Very nice; thanks so much...

Back
Top Bottom