228 YEARS AGO TODAY, AMERICA TOLD BRITAIN: f*** OFF, f***ERS!!!!!! yeeeehaw! USA!!!!

• Thread starter American Cowboy
  • Start date
YEEeeef***ingHaw!! And look what we get for our efforts....

pic187012.jpg

JULY 1776: New Yorkers toppled the statue of King George III & melted it to make 42,000 BULLETS!

New Yorkers were so electrified that they toppled a statue of King George III and had it melted down to make 42,000 bullets for the war.

Re: YEEeeef***ingHaw!! And look what we get for our efforts....

pic187014.jpg

Here's who is being indicted for war crimes, thanks to America

Saddam Hussein being led in shackles from an Iraqi courtroom on Thursday, after hearing a list of preliminary charges against him and 11 other former Iraqi leaders.

Burns184.jpg

How many does George kill per year??

Re: Here's who should also be indicted for war crimes...

pic187025.jpg

Tell that to this guy

Small party and great hopes.
I was on duty-call in the hospital all yesterday and I was in the ward when I heard the news that Mr. Bremer had already transferred the power to the new government two days ahead of the expected date. I was so happy about this news and I couldn’t wait until I finish my tour to celebrate the occasion.

My friends all seemed thrilled and optimistic, yet they seemed to have no interset in celebrating the event. I decided to do something so I asked one of my colleagues to cover for me for an hour; I told him that I have to get something from outside.I directly headed to the nearest bakery and ordered a nice cake and returned to the hospital as fast as I could. On the way, I didn’t see any large calibrations but I noticed that the streets were busier than usual and people looked lively and relaxed.

I invited some of my friends, one of us volunteered to get some beverages and we gathered around the cake to celebrate the happy event. I took some pictures but sadly not all the doctors (female mainly) agreed on me posting their pictures and I’ll respect their will.

Some of us were celebrating regaining sovereignty, some were celebrating the end of occupation, others were happy because they think the new government will bring safety and order. I was celebrating a new and a great step towards democracy, but we were all joined by true hope for a better future and by the love we have for Iraq.

After wards we sat for a while discussing different matters. The hall was busy and everyone was chatting and laughing loud. They had Al-Jazeera on (something I never managed to convince them to stop doing). Then suddenly Mr. Bremer appeared on TV reading his last speech before he left Iraq. I approached the TV to listen carefully to the speech, as I expected it to be difficult in the midst of all that noise. To my surprise everyone stopped what they were doing and started watching as attentively as I was.

The speech was impressive and you could hear the sound of a needle if one had dropped it at that time. The most sensational moment was the end of the speech when Mr. Bremer used a famous Arab emotional poem. The poem was for a famous Arab poet who said it while leaving Baghdad. Al-Jazeera had put an interpreter who tried to translate even the Arabic poem which Mr. Bremer was telling in a fair Arabic! “Let this damned interpreter shut up. We want to hear what the man is saying” One of my colloquies shouted. The scene was very touching that the guy sitting next to me (who used to sympathize with Muqtada) said “He’s going to make me cry!”

Then he finished his speech by saying in Arabic,”A’ash Al-Iraq, A’ash Al-Iraq, A’ash Al-Iraq”! (Long live Iraq, Long live Iraq, long live Iraq).

I was deeply moved by this great man’s words but I couldn’t prevent myself from watching the effect of his words on my friends who some of them were anti-Americans and some were skeptic, although some of them have always shared my optimism. I found that they were touched even more deeply than I was. I turned to one friend who was a committed She’at and who distrusted America all the way. He looked as if he was bewitched, and I asked him, “So, what do you think of this man? Do you still consider him an invader?” My friend smiled, still touched and said, “Absolutely not! He brought tears to my eyes. God bless him.”

Another friend approached me. This one was not religious but he was one of the conspiracy theory believers. He put his hands on my shoulders and said smiling, “I must admit that I’m beginning to believe in what you’ve been telling us for months and I’m beginning to have faith in America. I never thought that they will hand us sovereignty in time. These people have shown that they keep their promises.”

-By Ali.
- posted by Omar @ 15:49
Comments (9) Monday, June 28, 2004

GO IRAQ GO!
It’s a great day for all freedom lovers. No doubt is left now that we’re winning while the forces of darkness and evil are losing a key round in this war.

With great delight we received th news. this is the right and important step to build the free Iraq and
It’s a painful strike for terrorism and its allies.
They really missed this surprising and brilliant timing. And I guess they’re deeply shocked right now. Their luck couldn’t help them to scar this glorious day with another crime.

Most Iraqis met this news with happiness and hope about the new government’s performance, and who walks in a Baghdad now can feel relaxation in the atmosphere.

What happened this morning will have a great effect on the future of Iraq and the region as well. It has confirmed that America is serious regarding the handover and the creation of a democratic example in the ME through the change in Iraq.
It also confirms the readiness and will of Iraqis to bear their responsibility in rebuilding Iraq as fast as possible.

We, the people of Iraq, see and feel the active and potential dangers that threaten our country and the time has come for us now to stand side by side with our government to go through the coming period.

Our hope and our goal is to see the day when we can elect our representatives freely and more important is to be aware that the process is moving as we wish and there will be no room for those who dream of bringing back the past.

I can see only one bright road and I believe that going to the end is worth the sacrifices and we’ll never be discouraged by the dark pictures shown by the evil propaganda machines.
To me, we didn’t get rid of a military occupation today as I never considered the coalition’s presence as an occupation even if the whole world told me that I’m wrong.
Today we were freed for ever from the fear that a man and his family might once again control Iraq.

We believe that we have common interests and it’s necessary to keep a high level coordination between the US and Iraq and anyone who thinks that we can reach our goals without this coordination is totally wrong. We’re surrounded by some neighbors who don’t want to see the change happen and we’re being watched by angry eyes that will not let this newborn democracy grow up easily. That’s why a strategic alliance between our countries is an important factor for stability and will provide the necessary protection for the new model.

Iraq didn’t seek to have enemies after the liberation but it’s the others who targeted Iraq and made her their opponent not because Iraq doesn’t have a strong army right now nor because they have ambitions in Iraq but obviously because the found a great danger in the new idea and the new Iraq that threatens the core of their ideology which today’s step has made its end closer.
A big salute to the courageous and noble man; Mr. Bremer whom we said good bye to this morning. He proved that he’s the right man for the tough times. He struggled together with his Iraqi brothers to overcome the hardships in a critical era for this country and the whole world. I’m going to miss his presence and so will many Iraqis because we feel that who left today is one of Iraq’s sons.

A big greeting to the men who decided to bear the responsibility of Iraq’s safety and Iraq’s future.
They needed courage and faith to decide to work for Iraq in this hard time. May God help them guide this country with wisdom until the day when elections come.

It’s hard to appreciate the efforts of all those who helped us to get our freedom and rebuild our country. We will never forget them. We will keep them in our hearts.
God bless Iraq and her people.
God bless America and her people.

God bless all the coalition forces who supported operation Iraqi freedom.
May God bless the souls of all those who sacrificed their lives to free Iraq.

By Mohammed.
- posted by Omar @ 21:33

http://iraqthemodel.blogspot.com/archives/2004_06_01_iraqthemodel_archive.html#108851118113969316

He prevented 15-25 million from starving to death in Afghanistan, and saved about 70,000 so far

Thanks for yet another cut 'n paste, Oaf

I guess you didn't know Afghanistan was facing mass starvation, and removing the Taliban stopped it

That wasn't the question. The question was how many does George kill?

I guess you don't realize that children RIGHT HERE in the USA are starving tonight as we speak.

We don't belong over there. Let's solve our own ills right here at home first. How's that sound to you?

What do Murrah Building, the Twin Towers, and TWA 800 Have In Common?

Re: Here's who should also be indicted for war crimes...

Here's the real story.

pic187121.jpg

Re: Thanks for yet another cut 'n paste, Oaf

Neeed I say more?

pic187123.jpg

Re: Thanks for yet another cut 'n paste, Oaf

Sorry but this just had me rotflmao! It really shouldn't but it did.