2105: David Tseng Appreciation Thread (unofficial)

MozsMan

Thank you, David. Yours is a thankless task. I would have probably closed shop long ago.
You are, in your own way, pretty darn good.

Thanks! I hope this site is still going in 2105.

Thank you, David. Yours is a thankless task. I would have probably closed shop long ago.
You are, in your own way, pretty darn good.

Thank you so much, David, for providing a platform where I'm confronted with posts like this:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...ctions?p=1986895742&viewfull=1#post1986895742

You claim you try to improve this site's atmosphere by filtering anonymous posts, but honestly, what are your moderators ever filtering, when the most vile useless worthless crap like that isn't blocked? Am I supposed to buy that? Or isn't it rather you're just making sure that anonymous posters won't have the chance to criticise YOU and your moderators? I think I have a point and look forward to your answer. IF this post makes it through your filter.

How do you know what is blocked and what isn't? You don't.

Thank you so much, David, for providing a platform where I'm confronted with posts like this:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...ctions?p=1986895742&viewfull=1#post1986895742

You claim you try to improve this site's atmosphere by filtering anonymous posts, but honestly, what are your moderators ever filtering, when the most vile useless worthless crap like that isn't blocked? Am I supposed to buy that? Or isn't it rather you're just making sure that anonymous posters won't have the chance to criticise YOU and your moderators? I think I have a point and look forward to your answer. IF this post makes it through your filter.

How do you know what is blocked and what isn't? You don't.

That's trivial. But what I see is what DOES make it through the filter, and that post I was referring to wasn't even an opinion. It was just vile bullshit, with no worth to anyone. How can you claim that you installed a human filter to improve the site's atmosphere, when that is clearly not happening?

You're free to use other sites. Go right ahead. And by the way, you haven't a clue what goes on behind the scenes. Not one iota.

You're free to use other sites. Go right ahead. And by the way, you haven't a clue what goes on behind the scenes. Not one iota.

It's not that I hate everything on this site. It provides all important (and not so important) news, and also interesting discussions. But I'm forced to wade through a lot of nasty and pointless bullshit to find that, and that annoys me. I could just walk away, but instead I'm making an attempt to improve things.

As for the obvious "point" that I don't see what's going on behind the scenes - that doesn't matter. I see what's going on on this site. I see what you, as moderators, are allowing to be published, despite David's claim that he's filtering anonymous posts to block that kind of crap. But it's not happening. And I wonder why.

That post while you might find offensive, is actually not a violation. Who made you the judge of what posts 'improve' the site's atmosphere? Things have changed, but it's become obvious there will always be someone complaining until the day it becomes about as interactive as true-to-you.

If you are so offended and really don't want to see such posts, you are free to create a login and add anonymous posts to your ignore list.

That's trivial. But what I see is what DOES make it through the filter, and that post I was referring to wasn't even an opinion. It was just vile bullshit, with no worth to anyone. How can you claim that you installed a human filter to improve the site's atmosphere, when that is clearly not happening?

That post while you might find offensive, is actually not a violation.

That answers my question. You're obviously on another planet, if you don't find death wishes against Morrissey offensive. On a fan site. So there's no point in discussing this issue further.

If you are so offended and really don't want to see such posts, you are free to create a login and add anonymous posts to your ignore list.

That wouldn't really help, because a) there's also interesting and intelligent anonymous posts which I'd like to read, and b) there's also registered users who contribute with passion to this site's cesspit factor.

May I ask - since I have no insight in what's blocked or not - can you give an example for a post that would NOT make it through your filter? How vile and disgusting would it have to be to be blocked? What is your general guidelines in this matter?

Generally off-topic posts that are personal attacks against other users don't make it through. See the general posting policy for more on the topic as it's been explained over and over:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/content/1345-General-Posting-Policy

May I ask - since I have no insight in what's blocked or not - can you give an example for a post that would NOT make it through your filter? How vile and disgusting would it have to be to be blocked? What is your general guidelines in this matter?

That's actually not a death wish, it's an answer to a question. Not like Morrissey hasn't said such 'offensive' things himself. Do you take it seriously?

That answers my question. You're obviously on another planet, if you don't find death wishes against Morrissey offensive. On a fan site. So there's no point in discussing this issue further.

Thanks for linking the guidelines. It says "In general, an anonymous post is not approved if it is off-topic, redundant, or personally abusive." That's obviously not how it's done, since the concert threads are full of redundant off-topic posts that have nothing to do with the show.

That's actually not a death wish, it's an answer to a question. Not like Morrissey hasn't said such 'offensive' things himself. Do you take it seriously?

Of course I'm not taking it seriously, I consider it to be simply a troll post, and somehow you seem to agree, since in your next sentence, you refer to it as "such 'offensive' things". Now is it offensive, or is it not? Your argument also misses the point. Morrissey often says offensive things about people he openly dislikes, like Elton John or the Royals. But this site is supposed to be a fan site. Your argument would only be valid if Morrissey slagged off Nico or the New York Dolls.

davidt will never ban anonymous trolls because trolls and haters are the main target audience for this site.
Less anonymous trolls = less traffic = less people clicking on ads links = less money to davidt's pocket.
more hate, more baseless rumours = more traffic, more money .
I used to think that davidt hated Morrissey but now I think he doesn't care about him. It's all about the money-money ;)

davidt will never ban anonymous trolls because trolls and haters are the main target audience for this site.
Less anonymous trolls = less traffic = less people clicking on ads links = less money to davidt's pocket.
I used to think that davidt hated Morrissey but now I think he doesn't care about him. It's all about the money-money ;)

Absolute horseshit. Prove it.

That's obvious, but it doesn't explain why his moderators and some users play along with David's agenda; they don't financially benefit from it, so they must be driven by something else. I haven't yet understood what it is, since my own mind set is too far away from that, but what's obvious to me is that those people are clearly obsessed, highly irrational, and emotionally defunct. How nice of David to use them for his purposes, they would rather need help.

Absolute horseshit. Prove it.

That's simple. Your's and David's argumentations just don't make any sense, which I think is proven by the fact that at some point you always steal yourselves out of the discussion or get rude and insulting, because you KNOW that you're not making any sense, and that leaves only room for two possible explanations: Said financial benefits, and/or a deep obsession and the desire to have some impact on the object of obsession, and it doesn't even matter anymore if that impact is positive or negative. You always recommend that anyone who feels the need to criticise you or this site should just leave. Why don't you act according to the same advice concerning Morrissey? Maybe you can find another artist whom you actually like, and be a moderator in their fan forum instead?

It's not that I hate everything on this site. It provides all important (and not so important) news, and also interesting discussions. But I'm forced to wade through a lot of nasty and pointless bullshit to find that, and that annoys me. I could just walk away, but instead I'm making an attempt to improve things.

As for the obvious "point" that I don't see what's going on behind the scenes - that doesn't matter. I see what's going on on this site. I see what you, as moderators, are allowing to be published, despite David's claim that he's filtering anonymous posts to block that kind of crap. But it's not happening. And I wonder why.

I had people on here call my four-year-old a f*****. You know what you do? You use the "ignore" feature and personally weed out the "people" who solely exist to attempt to crush the souls of their fellow man. You scroll over the nastiness/ ugliness and the trolls (even the anonymous ones) and you shake off any of the things that are said or done that might upset you. It is easier than you think. Trust me. I do it every day.

The world is filled with horrible people. You can't do anything about it. They come here (presumably bc they have nothing better to do with their time?). Filters and banning won't work (nor could davidt or the moderators ever keep up with them) bc we all have different belief systems and motives, plus...free speech. It's easier to just take it into your own hands.

Stay positive and kind, too. It'll help with the dirty, uneasy, rage feeling you'll occasionally get from trolls and help refocus your energy in the right direction. :)

That's simple. Your's and David's argumentations just don't make any sense, which I think is proven by the fact that at some point you always steal yourselves out of the discussion or get rude and insulting, because you KNOW that you're not making any sense, and that leaves only room for two possible explanations: Said financial benefits, and/or a deep obsession and the desire to have some impact on the object of obsession, and it doesn't even matter anymore if that impact is positive or negative. You always recommend that anyone who feels the need to criticise you or this site should just leave. Why don't you act according to the same advice concerning Morrissey? Maybe you can find another artist whom you actually like, and be a moderator in their fan forum instead?

No - I asked for proof that David lets posts through for ad money. You can't prove it because it's false and there's zero evidence. Absolute horsshit, as I said. Now feel free to ignore this and go on a rant on an unrelated point. It never ceases to amaze me that the complainers don't just.....leave.

P.

I formerly posted as ICU, but now registered, because one of my last posts got censored, which excellently answers the question I asked in my first post:

You claim you try to improve this site's atmosphere by filtering anonymous posts, but honestly, what are your moderators ever filtering, when the most vile useless worthless crap like that isn't blocked? Am I supposed to buy that? Or isn't it rather you're just making sure that anonymous posters won't have the chance to criticise YOU and your moderators?

No further discussion necessary, point proven.

Full well knowing that my opinions will be censored here as soon as moderators are too uncomfortable with them, I of course copied my post. Make up your own mind why it got censored. Here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's obvious, but it doesn't explain why his moderators and some users play along with David's agenda; they don't financially benefit from it, so they must be driven by something else. I haven't yet understood what it is, since my own mind set is too far away from that, but what's obvious to me is that those people are clearly obsessed, highly irrational, and emotionally defunct. How nice of David to use them for his purposes, they would rather need help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No - I asked for proof that David lets posts through for ad money. You can't prove it because it's false and there's zero evidence. Absolute horsshit, as I said. Now feel free to ignore this and go on a rant on an unrelated point.

You know very well that it cannot be proven, but simple reason and logic leave no other conclusion. I have proven that moderators on this site do not act according to the official guidelines, the concert threads are full of off-topic, and they rather let through any pointless or even totally vile bullcrap, while opinions that are formulated in a civilised manner get censored. Anything negative that will create drama and traffic is obviously welcome. The question that leads to the best results in most cases is cui bono?

It never ceases to amaze me that the complainers don't just.....leave.

P.

I already explained to you that I also see positive things. And by the way, why haven't you left Morrissey and these forums years ago, if you can't stop complaining about him? Ironically, I'm just as amazed as you.

- - - Updated - - -

I had people on here call my four-year-old a f*****. You know what you do? You use the "ignore" feature and personally weed out the "people" who solely exist to attempt to crush the souls of their fellow man. You scroll over the nastiness/ ugliness and the trolls (even the anonymous ones) and you shake off any of the things that are said or done that might upset you. It is easier than you think. Trust me. I do it every day.

The world is filled with horrible people. You can't do anything about it. They come here (presumably bc they have nothing better to do with their time?). Filters and banning won't work (nor could davidt or the moderators ever keep up with them) bc we all have different belief systems and motives, plus...free speech. It's easier to just take it into your own hands.

Stay positive and kind, too. It'll help with the dirty, uneasy, rage feeling you'll occasionally get from trolls and help refocus your energy in the right direction. :)

That's my approach, too. I happen to be a balanced and stable person, and it's almost impossible to insult me, especially if all I'm facing is plain mindless rudeness.

Back
Top Bottom