20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got"

Yes, that Sinead album--the one that everybody has. Nevermind that this is really the 19th anniversary of its release; EMI is calling this the 20th anniversary special edition. It's supposed to be released "soon".

From Sinead's MySpaz blog:

There will be a re-release of "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got" including a few special tracks that are hard to find or unreleased.

Sinéad O’Connor
‘I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got’
(special edition)

Original album

1. Feels So Different
2. I Am Stretched On Your Grave
3. Three Babies
4. The Emperor’s New Clothes
5. Black Boys On Mopeds
6. Nothing Comares 2 U
7. Jump In The River
8. You Cause As Much Sorrow
9. Last Day Of Our Aquaintance
10. I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got

Bonus disc

1. Night Nurse
Produced by Daniel Lanois. Previously unreleased.

2. My Special Child
Released as a single in May 1991.

3. Damn Your Eyes
B-side to ‘Three Babies’.

4. Silent Night (long version)
Released as a single in December 1991. This version from ‘The Ghosts of Oxford Street’ soundtrack.

5. You Do Something To Me
From the Cole Porter tribute album ‘Red Hot & Blue’.

6. Mind Games
Produced by Daniel Lanois. Previously unreleased.

7. What Do You Want
B-side to ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’.

8. I Am Stretched On Your Grave (Apple Brightness Mix)
B-side to ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’.

9. Troy (live in London)
B-side to ‘Three Babies’.

10. I Want Your Hands On Me (live at Hammersmith Odeon)
BBC In Concert 25/5/90.

Let's hope that those typos ("Feels So Different", "Nothing Comares 2 U", "The Last Day of Our Aquaintance") don't make it onto the final release!

And if you're at all interested in Sinead, be sure to check out my work-in-progress discography of her recent work (complete with high-res scans), which is intended to supplement other Sinead discographies, most of which stop around 2004-2005.

Re: 20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Go

Too bad it doesn't include her live-cover of "The hand that rocks the cradle".

Re: 20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Go

Would you like a good audience recording of that uploaded here? I've got two--both with Rourke & Joyce.

Not to butt in, but if you don't mind uploading it I'd love to hear it. I've always wanted to hear a woman sing that song. I think the lyrics reveal quite a bit more about the song when you consider them from a woman's point-of-view.

Not to butt in, but if you don't mind uploading it I'd love to hear it. I've always wanted to hear a woman sing that song. I think the lyrics reveal quite a bit more about the song when you consider them from a woman's point-of-view.

Sorry--I somehow missed your post!

Here you go: 192kbps MP3, from FLAC. Live 04/22/1988 at The Stone, San Francisco, CA.

The sound quality is a bit better than the MTV Unplugged version that Uncleskinny uploaded a while back with his collection of Smiths covers.

She drops the "your mother, she just never knew" bit.

It's out now in the UK & Europe; we in the US have to wait until next Tuesday. I got a promo copy a few weeks ago and have been listening to it constantly. Can't wait!

Tags
i don't want it i haven't got it v funny jeane
Back
Top Bottom