20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got"

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by Not Right in the Head, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Yes, that Sinead album--the one that everybody has. Nevermind that this is really the 19th anniversary of its release; EMI is calling this the 20th anniversary special edition. It's supposed to be released "soon".

From Sinead's MySpaz blog:

There will be a re-release of "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got" including a few special tracks that are hard to find or unreleased.

Sinéad O’Connor
    ‘I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got’
    (special edition)

Original album

1. Feels So Different
    2. I Am Stretched On Your Grave
    3. Three Babies
    4. The Emperor’s New Clothes
    5. Black Boys On Mopeds
    6. Nothing Comares 2 U
    7. Jump In The River
    8. You Cause As Much Sorrow
    9. Last Day Of Our Aquaintance
    10. I Do Not Want What I Haven’t Got

Bonus disc

1. Night Nurse
    Produced by Daniel Lanois. Previously unreleased.

2. My Special Child
    Released as a single in May 1991.

3. Damn Your Eyes
    B-side to ‘Three Babies’.

4. Silent Night (long version)
    Released as a single in December 1991. This version from ‘The Ghosts of Oxford Street’ soundtrack.

5. You Do Something To Me
    From the Cole Porter tribute album ‘Red Hot & Blue’.

6. Mind Games
    Produced by Daniel Lanois. Previously unreleased.

7. What Do You Want
    B-side to ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’.

8. I Am Stretched On Your Grave (Apple Brightness Mix)
    B-side to ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’.

9. Troy (live in London)
    B-side to ‘Three Babies’.

10. I Want Your Hands On Me (live at Hammersmith Odeon)
    BBC In Concert 25/5/90.

Let's hope that those typos ("Feels So Different", "Nothing Comares 2 U", "The Last Day of Our Aquaintance") don't make it onto the final release!

And if you're at all interested in Sinead, be sure to check out my work-in-progress discography of her recent work (complete with high-res scans), which is intended to supplement other Sinead discographies, most of which stop around 2004-2005.

2. Sven68

Sven68 Junior Member

Re: 20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Go

Too bad it doesn't include her live-cover of "The hand that rocks the cradle".

3. Re: 20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Go

Would you like a good audience recording of that uploaded here? I've got two--both with Rourke & Joyce.

4. ++++++

++++++ It's a god-eat-god world

Home Page:
    http://www.jameslabove.org/
    Re: 20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Go

Not to butt in, but if you don't mind uploading it I'd love to hear it. I've always wanted to hear a woman sing that song. I think the lyrics reveal quite a bit more about the song when you consider them from a woman's point-of-view.

5. Re: 20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Go

Sorry--I somehow missed your post!

Here you go: 192kbps MP3, from FLAC. Live 04/22/1988 at The Stone, San Francisco, CA.

The sound quality is a bit better than the MTV Unplugged version that Uncleskinny uploaded a while back with his collection of Smiths covers.

She drops the "your mother, she just never knew" bit.

6. ++++++

++++++ It's a god-eat-god world

Home Page:
    http://www.jameslabove.org/

Thanks! I like this a lot.

7. Re: 20th anniversary re-release of Sinead O'Connor's "I Do Not Want What I Haven't Go

It's out now in the UK & Europe; we in the US have to wait until next Tuesday. I got a promo copy a few weeks ago and have been listening to it constantly. Can't wait!