Morrissey Central "2023 DIGITAL SALES SO FAR" (May 2, 2023)

2023 DIGITAL SALES SO FAR

1. Suedehead (Morrissey)
2. Everyday is like Sunday (Morrissey)
3. Bigmouth Strikes Again (Smiths)
4. How Soon is Now? (Smiths)
5. Girlfriend in a Coma (Smiths)
6. Hairdresser on Fire (Morrissey)
7. Ouija Board, Ouija Board (Morrissey)
8. There is a Light That Never Goes Out (Smiths)
9. The Last of the Famous International Playboys (Morrissey)
10. This Charming Man (Smiths)

images-1.jpeg

I think it's nice.

I love lists, me!

Here is my list of top ten favourite types of clothing, I've stripped out various bits of information to make it as easy to understand as possible, I hope that helps. I'm wearing number 1 right now!

1) Upper body clothing item
2) Arm related clothing item
3) Can be worn on both the hands AND head clothing item
4) Clothing item that has various parts missing in areas nobody wants to see
5) Hat.
6) Lower body clothing item
7) Lower body clothing item (different one)
8) Upper body clothing item (different one)
9) Upper body clothing item (Duplicate, but I don't like the colour as much as 1)
10) That pair of shoes that have a special name for the gym

By "digital sales" do they mean people paying £0.99 to buy a download of a song (or whatever it costs these days, also, do people actually still do that?), or is there a "sales" component included in monthly subscriptions to Spotify, Apple Music, etc?

Either way, a very odd thing to post on Central.

By "digital sales" do they mean people paying £0.99 to buy a download of a song (or whatever it costs these days, also, do people actually still do that?), or is there a "sales" component included in monthly subscriptions to Spotify, Apple Music, etc?

Either way, a very odd thing to post on Central.
I believe streaming has counted (US & UK) towards digital totals since 2014 (they do some type of ratio of streams to sales like X streams = Y sales - then add to total).
A long while back, SER shared a chart post which showed he was using an industry 'tool' site to conjure information - so with no link and geographical variation I'd take it lightly. I can't find a website that mirrors these figures as of yet.
Regards,
FWD.

Interesting. Any reason why Hairdresser on Fire
and Ouija Board, Ouija Board are doing so well?

because they’re great songs. funny, they didn’t do that well in the Mozmar solo song co-writers scoring threads. Which goes to show …

imagine the smiths never existed and this was Ms first album,fabulous.

Maybe he’s saying he’s more popular solo than the Smiths, I’m at the O2 tonight as a guest of a mate who’s a big Duran Duran fan, quite shocked that they can sell this place out for 2 nights.

Sam is lying there wide to receive and is thinking about future ways (or not).

Interesting. Any reason why Hairdresser on Fire
and Ouija Board, Ouija Board are doing so well?
Hairdresser On Fire is one of his best songs. That is no surprise and Ouija Board gets caught in the Bona Drag period which everyone goes ga ga for. Hairdresser is the better song for sure. I kept begging Morrissey to play it pre-1997. Eventually he acquiesced.

And non of those were cowritten with the current guitar player or keyboard player. Its clear that they can't write classics. They must go, so maybe M can start all over again.

To be fair, it doesn’t say how many digital sales. The numbers on the left could indicate the actual number of digital sales per song in 2023.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom