Morrissey Central "2022: Goodbye, then" (December 31, 2022)

TELEMMGLPICT000308869545_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq1N-0BbrGahnullJmqzE3fwBg51WFmWqoxGezc3HjXbw.jpeg

Mavis Nicholson, RIP.

A lot of sad departures in 2022, often too early.
But happy new year to all solo’ers here, and in particular those keeping the site up and running. Undoubtedly, 2023 will be better with new Morrissey music and shows to discuss. But whatever happens in the world of Morrissey ( hope for the best), please be good to yourself and kind towards others.
Happy New Year :)

Happy New Year to everyone on Moz Solo. A benevolent bunch of like-minded self-diagnosed lunatics united in our interest in all things related to our Moz. Here's hoping the world finally listens in 2023.
Happy New Year :)

I wonder if Central posted this today as a juxtaposition to the States losing a long-time television host and television interviewer, Barbara Walters, 93.
I don’t give a handshake either way as I don’t know either, except Walters always got the high profile interviews and was always on tv.

Happy New Years to all those posters I enjoy and all those who make me think and especially those that join in our mutual adoration of Mr. Steven Patrick Morrissey.

Be well all and let’s all make it back here in ’24

Let´s hope 2023 is the year of 2 great Morrissey albums.
Without music the world dies...happy new year one and all!

Mavis died September 8, 2022.

Morrissey's Central post in 2020:
"Mavis Nicholson is, or was - or is still the best television interviewer from these isles. She broadcast the most compelling TV interviews with James Baldwin, Kenneth Williams, Bette Davis, Nina Simone, Germaine Greer, David Bowie … but somehow had only an afternoon transmission - never evening, unlike most of the traditionally sexist male interviewers. I was lucky enough to be interviewed by her in, I think 1991, when she came to visit me with a small crew of technicians. I was so much in awe of Mavis … her humanity, her ease, her intellect … that I typically completely messed it all up. I didn't think I was ready for such an important interview … I didn't think I was "me" yet, and I rattled on so much about self-destruction and the inevitability of suicide that I later asked Mavis not to air our conversation. She agreed not to … probably thinking it to be just too much. I often wonder where those tapes ended up. On a skip, perhaps. But nonetheless, her very impressive interviews ought to be either re-shown or made available on DVD because they are absolutely a vital study of how to get the best out of the subject … no sex jokes, no fake and intrusive audience laughter, no loud or lavish sets … just a very classy connection requiring nothing but gentle charm and the power of words."
Morrissey, December 2020.

FWD.
I thought she was dead already . Feck me .

Edit .
I don't say that to be rude. I just hadnt seen her on the box for years . She was like Wogan in the 70s. Huge I'd watch her all the time . I'd see her in Bristol quite a lot .
A warn woman .

Mate this is brilliant .
M would have say nicely between K Williams and D Bowie . Three English eccentrics. Why did he stop that interview?
I wonder how much unseen M footage is out there ? The more footage of M when he was young and beautiful the better .

Is there a collection of unboradcast M stuff ?
Some times I wish I was born in the future at a time when all M stuff is out there . The trouble is that would be a time when M is dead

Mate this is brilliant .
M would have say nicely between K Williams and D Bowie . Three English eccentrics. Why did he stop that interview?
I wonder how much unseen M footage is out there ? The more footage of M when he was young and beautiful the better .

Is there a collection of unboradcast M stuff ?
Some times I wish I was born in the future at a time when all M stuff is out there . The trouble is that would be a time when M is dead
Where has this trend of calling Morrissey “M” come from?

Where has this trend of calling Morrissey “M” come from?
Maybe it's like M from the Bond novels/films? His actual surname was Messervy, which isn't too far from...you know who.

Actually that would be quite a good nickname for him right now, with the current state of things...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom