2018 tour intermission music

D

daveyhall

HELP! Ive searches high and low and still cannot find just one song that was on the pre-show videos played before the gig (and assuming they are the same on every show). It was a male band, around 5 if them. Lead singer looked like he was late 20s, bit of a rockabilly quiff. Sounded like a rockabilly type song but not quite if that makes sense, quite fast paced. It wasn’t The Ramones, Pistols etc. that were on too. Any help appreciated as it’s driving me crackers! Thanks, Davey.

HELP! Ive searches high and low and still cannot find just one song that was on the pre-show videos played before the gig (and assuming they are the same on every show). It was a male band, around 5 if them. Lead singer looked like he was late 20s, bit of a rockabilly quiff. Sounded like a rockabilly type song but not quite if that makes sense, quite fast paced. It wasn’t The Ramones, Pistols etc. that were on too. Any help appreciated as it’s driving me crackers! Thanks, Davey.

Robert Gordon - Someday, Someday

1. Loudmouth by The Ramones (1975 video)
2. Something Here in My Heart by Paper Dolls
3. How Soon is Now by t.a.T.u (Top of the Pops 2003)
4. Sound of the Crowd by The Human League (TV performance?: )
5. I'm Black and I'm Proud by James Brown (Playboy After Dark 1969)
6. Someday Someway by Robert Gordon
7. "We're Rich. We're family (?)" - film clip unknown to me
8. Don't Make Me Over by Dionne Warwick (1963)
9. "How important is one's nationality to one's identity" - British drag comedian (Lily Savage?) clip
10. God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols
11. "The truth is, no 'white' American is sure he is white." - Jame Baldwin clip from "Baldwin's N----" (London, 1969: )
12. Sally's Song (from The Nightmare Before Christmas) by Fiona Apple (with montage of old b&w monster movie clips -- I'm unable to locate this montage video on youtube)
13. "There was a lot of rubbish when I first came on the scene" Germaine Greer (talk on "After the Female Eunuch" at Adelaide Writer's Week 2008: )
14. L'insoumis film clip (from which the cover of The Queen is Dead is taken)
15. It's the Same Old Song by The Four Tops
16. Jet Boy by The New York Dolls
17. Lipsynka clip

1. Loudmouth by The Ramones (1975 video)
2. Something Here in My Heart by Paper Dolls
3. How Soon is Now by t.a.T.u (Top of the Pops 2003)
4. Sound of the Crowd by The Human League (TV performance?: )
5. I'm Black and I'm Proud by James Brown (Playboy After Dark 1969)
6. Someday Someway by Robert Gordon
7. "We're Rich. We're family (?)" - film clip unknown to me
8. Don't Make Me Over by Dionne Warwick (1963)
9. "How important is one's nationality to one's identity" - British drag comedian (Lily Savage?) clip
10. God Save the Queen by the Sex Pistols
11. "The truth is, no 'white' American is sure he is white." - Jame Baldwin clip from "Baldwin's N----" (London, 1969: )
12. Sally's Song (from The Nightmare Before Christmas) by Fiona Apple (with montage of old b&w monster movie clips -- I'm unable to locate this montage video on youtube)
13. "There was a lot of rubbish when I first came on the scene" Germaine Greer (talk on "After the Female Eunuch" at Adelaide Writer's Week 2008: )
14. L'insoumis film clip (from which the cover of The Queen is Dead is taken)
15. It's the Same Old Song by The Four Tops
16. Jet Boy by The New York Dolls
17. Lipsynka clip

Number 9 is David Hoyle who appeared in the Spent The Day In Bed video

update after watching the videos again in Brighton: the actress in the film clip in #7 seems to say "We're rich. We're infamous... And we're miserable." Still not sure what film it is from though.

For #12, the film is a montage from the original Frankenstein (1931), but I don't see the clips put together with Sally's Song anywhere online. My guess is most of the video choices are Morrissey's recollections of old music videos, Top of the Pops performances, and what he has found clicking around on Youtube :)

Someone needs to tell him that that final clip he plays with the shrieking 'Lipsynka' is awful and overdone now.

Someone needs to tell him that that final clip he plays with the shrieking 'Lipsynka' is awful and overdone now.

I agree, it is. But you don't see it often enough, so block it out your mind .

update after watching the videos again in Brighton: the actress in the film clip in #7 seems to say "We're rich. We're infamous... And we're miserable." Still not sure what film it is from though.

For #12, the film is a montage from the original Frankenstein (1931), but I don't see the clips put together with Sally's Song anywhere online. My guess is most of the video choices are Morrissey's recollections of old music videos, Top of the Pops performances, and what he has found clicking around on Youtube :)

No 7 is Candy Darling from the 1971 film ‘Women In Revolt’

one or two of the videos don't work in an arena due to the poor audio - stop showing the james brown clip!

I was about to ask the same question having been at the RAH last night. I should have known, I am aware of Robert Gordon.

Hi I wondered if anyone could give me insight into this intro that Moz put on with all the different clips. I gathererd that some of them were iconic (e.g queen is dead) but was there some sort of running theme between each clip? I saw him at Ally Pally last night and was intrigued to know why he picked those videos. Especially as all in all it took about an hour. Thanks :)

Hi I wondered if anyone could give me insight into this intro that Moz put on with all the different clips. I gathererd that some of them were iconic (e.g queen is dead) but was there some sort of running theme between each clip? I saw him at Ally Pally last night and was intrigued to know why he picked those videos. Especially as all in all it took about an hour. Thanks :)

I don't think there's any running theme. They're all videos/music Morrissey likes in some way. The clips vary from tour to tour, but some have stayed and been a part of the compilation for years now. Lists of the videos (and before they were videos, there were just songs) from previous tours can be found by searching the forums here and some have been collected on youtube if you search for "Morrissey intermission" or "Morrissey pre-show." They're a special part of each Morrissey show and give a glimpse into his tastes and influences.

Mikael did some great work compiling and sharing the lists & MP3s of the music from 1991-2007. It evidences pretty much no real theme to the choice of tour music throughout the years.
You can view the lists of songs in this thread from 10yrs ago here:
https://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/morrissey-intermission-music-1991.85366/
The music links are long dead, but can be shared again if needed.
Regards,
FWD.

For #12, the film is a montage from the original Frankenstein (1931), but I don't see the clips put together with Sally's Song anywhere online.

Not just Frankenstein, but various old movies - I spotted Metropolis and other bits 'n bobs.

I compiled list on Spotify most of 2018 tour into along with adding prev tours as well currently a work in progress but nonetheless enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom