2013 albums, what do you like so far?

bugg.jpg

House of Love was a revelation for me this year. No idea why people could not find some beauty in it. Looking down at my HOL vinyls Don't Know, Christine, Destroy the Heart, Shine on etc. They were very capable of becoming something quite great but hey ho. The new album is not an attempt to capture lost glories but is a beautiful and reflective piece. You aint gonna get Guy Chadwick hollering about no pussy blues! I am not a fan of the reunion to live on past glories. This is not that. A proper band with proper tunes.

Now Ive got that out of the way stuff Ive heard this year.....................not much

Unknown Mortal Orchestra's new album II has been getting a few plays at chez headphones.

Looking forward to the new Daft Punk LP

Savages - Silence Yourself

A little too contrived for me but it does sound very good turned up to 11 (they'd probably dislike the Spinal Tap reference though)

rock n roll

Last edited by a moderator:
Unifiedfieldart.jpeg

don't really know what I think of the album as a whole, yet :straightface:
but I keep playing the first track "I Come With Knives" over and over again, defo is one of my fave songs of 2013

I've a new favorite: Vampire Weekend. Absolutely love it, better than it's predecessor if not quite up to their brilliant debut.

- - - Updated - - -
Btw,
What album is that Robbie?

The National - Trouble will find me. Have been listening non stop for over a week, it's overwhelmed me, in a good way.

The National - Trouble Will Find Me
My Bloody Valentine - MBV
Depeche Mode - Delta Machine
Suede - Bloodsports
Echo Lake - Wild Peace
No Joy - Wait To Pleasure
Wavves - Afraid of Heights

I've a new favorite: Vampire Weekend. Absolutely love it, better than it's predecessor if not quite up to their brilliant debut.

- - - Updated - - -
Btw,
What album is that Robbie?
Vampire Weekend, gotta check that out :thumb:
as for what I recently posted, its the new IamX album called "The Unified Field"
its not that good, really :straightface: but I cannot link to youtube here in China :o
otherwise I would just post the first track "I Come with Knives" one of my fave songs of the year :guitar:

I must amend what I wrote of Vampire Weekend'ds new album (Modern vampires of the city). It's not just the best I've heard of this year's crop, it could be one of the best of the 21st century so far. Can't remember when I last came across something I've immersed myself in like this. And it's not 3-4 songs like their first album or 1-2 like their second, it's very nearly end-to-end. the music is catchy and inventive, built around timeless tunes that makes you feel as if you're having a deja-vu to some long-forgotten radio hit of the 70s, and lifted by gorgeous and unexpected twists of instrumentation. The lyrics are not just witty (as they always have been), they are stunning - forceful, complex ideas and lines that hook you intellectually, emotionally, instinctually. And there is a new sense of seriousness that augments rather than replaces the playfulness of previous offerings. This is a classic.

Low-The Invisible Way
The National-Trouble will find me
The Besnard Lakes-Until In Excess, Imperceptible UFO
Autre Ne Veut - Anxiety
Iron and Wine-Ghost on Ghost
Veronica Falls-Waiting for Something to Happen
Frightened Rabbid-Pedestrian Verse

The National - Trouble Will Find Me
Savages - Silence Yourself
Suede - Bloodsports
Courteeners - Anna
Girls Names - The New Life