2013 albums, what do you like so far?

Savages "Silence Yourself"
Johnny Marr "The Messenger"
Mazzy Star "Seasons of Your Day"
Foals "Holy Fire"

Arcade Fire, Reflektor. Together with Vampire Weekend, totally in a class of their own.

Can't believe the level of support for tepid shite like Suede and Johnny Marr's offerings.

- - - Updated - - -

A little too contrived for me but it does sound very good turned up to 11 (they'd probably dislike the Spinal Tap reference though)

( savages) Yeah, like The Horrors. 100% derivative. Nicely done, but ultimately boring and pointless.

Well it's coming to the end of 2013 and my favourite album is

0887654619228.JPG

I chose it because it was the one album that I enjoyed the most songs and that I've revisited it a few times this year. I think Bowie has musically developed since "Reality" and it has a good number of singles on it. Not every track is a classic, but it has enough amazing tracks to make this album a milestone in Bowie's career.

Runners up are Suede - Bloodsports, as they have resurrected and saved their band name by actually making good music. They really needed a good album and fortunately this was a cracking reunion album and have made Suede great again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's coming to the end of 2013 and my favourite album is

0887654619228.JPG

I chose it because it was the one album that I enjoyed the most songs and that I've revisited it a few times this year. I think Bowie has musically developed since "Reality" and it has a good number of singles on it. Not every track is a classic, but it has enough amazing tracks to stop this album becoming a milestone in Bowie's career.

Runners up are Suede - Bloodsports, as they have resurrected and saved their band name by actually making good music. They really needed a good album and fortunately this was a cracking reunion album and have made Suede great again.

I liked this one a lot too. I didn't think it was as stunning as many critics made out, but it was just lovely to hear that voice again. Where Are We Now? was just gorgeous. It's my track of the year.

Others...

Push The Sky Away by Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds. This is the one I've listened to the most, so I suppose that makes it my favourite.

Dream River by Bill Callahan

Modern Vampires Of The City by Vampire Weekend

AM by Arctic Monkeys

Tomorrow's Harvest by Boards Of Canada

Re-Mit by The Fall

Bloodsports by Suede - It Starts & Ends With You is superb. Sounds like it fell off Coming Up.

2013 saw me listening to even less new stuff then 2012 :straightface:
my fave album of the last 2 years is still:
WhatWeSawFromTheCheapSeatsCover.jpg

:love:
but if I had to pick 5 from this year that I plan on playing more of in the future, they would be:
She_and_Him_Volume_3.JPG

One_Breath__Anna_Calvi.jpg

Loud_Like_Love.png

Random_Access_Memories.jpg

YeahYeahYeahsMosquito.jpeg

&
honorable mention to "Halcyon Days" by Ellie Goulding, something about her, I feel I am going to like her more as she continues to progress...

Last edited:
As 2013 draws to a close, my top 3 albums are:

1. Babyshambles - Sequel To The Prequel
2. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
3. Suede - Bloodsports

Back
Top Bottom