2011 Tour

This is SLOW.

What's happening? The venues seem to be getting pissed off with people calling But why didn't TTY put up the right date ???

I guess true-to-you administrator Julia Riley only updates news when she actually got an email from Morrissey himself or his press officer.

As lordbyron reported us earlier, Perth venue is actually Perth Concert Hall, not City Hall.
However, Julia hasn't corrected it yet.

Last edited:
I guess Julia only updates news when she actually got an email from Morrissey himself or his press officer.

As lordbyron reported us earlier, Perth venue is actually Perth Concert Hall, not City Hall.
However, Julia hasn't corrected it yet.

Who's Julia? :thumb:

Just checked with the York Barbican box office to be 100% sure.
The chap confirmed that no tickets will be available until Friday 9:00am.

Now its looking like it could be friday (or thursday presale), does anybody here want to help fellow forum users out with the purchasing of tickets. For example.....If you are thinking of going multiple dates and worried they may have sold out before you've bought another set for a different dates then surley working together is best.

Im looking for 2 tickets to each of these...Dunoon, Dunfermline, Grimsby, York and Bradford.

I'd be happy buying 4 for say Dunoon, Dunfermline in exchange for someone buying 4 for Grimsby and York and then just swapping the extra 2 tickets over, that way everyone gets what they want.

If anyone is interested in some sort of deal then either PM me or just reply here.

The last thing anyone wants is having to resort to ebay or the ticket touts

I think this sort of practice is mean and unfair. As people have already gathered, tickets will be hard to get hold of and making these ticket consortiums so you can go 4 times is just unsporting. Let everyone have a chance at getting tickets, don't be greedy!!

I've just spoken to a lovely biddy at He Plymouth pavilion box office and she told me that morrissey isn't 100% confirmed yet and they are waiting to hear something this week. She assured me that as soon as they hear owt they'll post it up on their web site, and the earliest the tickets will go on sale is Friday.

Don't think I've quite vented enough. These are some of the smallest venues and fewest dates ever, if he was playing a big stadium tour, by all means, do this sort of thing. It just disgusts me to think you can greedily grab 5 sets of tickets and some fans are going to be left without, you're no better than the ticket touts.

At the top of http://www.yorkbarbican.co.uk/ there is a banner with the words "Morrissey tickets go on sale at 9.00am on Friday 18 March. Please do not call before this time.".

I just got an e-mail alert from Ents24 saying they had just received details of 9 new Morrissey dates (including the Plymouth show), when you click on BUY it takes you to a page confirming what Kate said above ~ 'Tickets available here from Friday 18th 09:00'.
So that's it, Julia f***ed up, she had at least 2 opportunities to change the on-sale date when she posted both updates following the original tour announcement last Tuesday, but, for whatever reason, she didn't.
I'm going for some fresh air and some fresh milk.

Last edited:
Despite what the Bradford Box Office lady told me this morning, it looks like the Bradford gig is definitely on.

http://www.bradford-theatres.co.uk/event/morrissey

P.

realistically, due to demand for tickets I am only going to be able to book one venue for definite as by the time you pay and stuff, tickets for others will be scarce.

Bradford is only a short drive my Lancashire, so I have picked this one, also St.Georges Hall looks great!
do they get the same allocation of tickets, then say see tickets?
because surely it would make sense on friday to get tickets off the venue website rather than the more popular ticket outlet website?
just a thought

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this sort of practice is mean and unfair. As people have already gathered, tickets will be hard to get hold of and making these ticket consortiums so you can go 4 times is just unsporting. Let everyone have a chance at getting tickets, don't be greedy!!

How is this mean and unfair?????

Its not like i would then be selling the tickets for an inflated price (ebay) but just swapping them with someone else who has bought extra tickets for another gig.

This way me and that other person dont miss out on tickets or have to pay high prices (ebay). Nobody else is affected apart from the two people involved in the buying of tickets

Surely buying extra tickets for each date and then just re-selling them on here for face value is a great way of helping fellow moz fans out?

Lets try and beat the touts and spread the moz love round here

Who's with me?

They do when you dont stand up to them

Back
Top Bottom