2011 All Star Game Tonight? - Anyone else in the US watching?

Buzzetta

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Thoughts on players playing or not playing among other things?

You are in luck then. No one is playing foosball tonight or anything else as silly like 'soccer.'

Heh heh

bojan-krkic-foosball.html

Home run!

OK..what's happening with the game?
I'm not watching. I'm playing Call of Duty.

Since I am carless - The X-Box will go on after the game...

Here is the rundown... NL is leading
Joe Buck still hates Derek Jeter and the Yankees
Justin Timberlake basically mocked Joe Buck while boozing it up on live TV
Timberlake is my hero for this telecast

Where is your car?
Go Timberlake!

Car is in the shop getting looked over since I do not drive it much...
I may be putting a few thousand miles on it in the next few weeks esp if I head up North.

Actually - lol I have no idea what I am doing anymore.

I just caught the last few minutes and saw that Padres dude run and slide into the green before the mound lika a crazy man. :p He could've totally hurt himself! :eek: I bet his coach is going to reem him, dirt is for sliding, not grass!! Still funny as hell. Watching the camera man chase him was even funnier. :D

Thoughts on players playing or not playing among other things?

I was happy to see Derek Jeter step aside and allow Cleveland's Asdrubal Cabrera to start at shortstop. Jeter is a great star of the game but it's pretty annoying that he would lead the votes just because Yankee fanboys stuff the ballot. Asdrubal is the best at his position and deserved to start.

I was happy to see Derek Jeter step aside and allow Cleveland's Asdrubal Cabrera to start at shortstop. Jeter is a great star of the game but it's pretty annoying that he would lead the votes just because Yankee fanboys stuff the ballot. Asdrubal is the best at his position and deserved to start.
Ahhh Derek Jeter
:love::love::love::love:
If I learned anything from the 2008 elections is vote early and vote often.

Cabrera has been on fire this year for Cleveland. I would like to see how he develops if he can remain injury free and continue to produce the numbers he is.

You know though, I do not think that it is entirely Yankee fans that stuff the ballot. Jeter has name recognition to the average baseball fan in another market. When they are filling out a ballot and they do not know who to place at a position, the casual fan is going to vote for the star that has name recognition. Look at Ripken. Was he the best 3rd baseman at his final All Star Game back in 2001? If you remember, Ripken started that game (Cannot believe it's already been that long.) While Ripken blasted a HR and received the ASG MVP nod, he still most likely was voted in due to name recognition.

Back
Top Bottom