2009.03.29 - House of Blues, Boston, MA

hardrain62

I don't think I've been around these parts since posting the last Boston show, back in 2007, but I have not forgotten about you Mozheads! :) So here is last night's gig from the House of Blues. Encoded to 320kbps VBR mp3. Lossless FLAC will be posted to DIME in about 10 days when I am home on break from school (firewall prevents torrents on campus) for those who are interested.

Some notes on the recording:

I was about 30' from the stage, right in front of the soundboard area. I threw a very light compressor over the whole recording for the crowd noise, as well as some EQ to round out the sound. Given that this was taped from the GA pit, the stereo image changes a couple times due to people in front of me shifting positions, but it really is not too distracting. Overall, I think it's a very enjoyable listen, sure to please.

Morrissey
March 29, 2009
House of Blues
Boston, MA

Taping Rig:
Sound Professionals SP-CMC-1 Cardioids > Sound Professionals SP-SPSB-10 Battery Module > iRiver h320 (Modified with Rockbox Firmware) Line-In [PCM WAV 44.1 / +9 db Gain] > Cool Edit Pro 2.0 > CD Wave > 320kbps VBR mp3

1. Intro
2. This Charming Man
3. Billy Budd
4. That's How People Grow Up
5. Black Cloud
6. How Soon is Now?
7. Irish Blood, English Heart
8. I Keep Mine Hidden
9. How Could Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
10. Ask
11. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
12. Mama Lay Softly on the Riverbed
13. Best Friend on the Payroll
14. When Last I Spoke to Carol
15. Seasick, Yet Still Docked
16. The Loop
17. Death of a Disco Dancer
18. Let Me Kiss You
19. Sorry Doesn't Help
20. Something is Squeezing My Skull
21. I'm OK By Myself