2004 june19th hultsfred (Sweden) i need your help

drifter

ok brothers and sisters, i need your help, i need for you to reach deep down in your hearts, deep, deep, i need for you to go to your closets or shelfs or boxes and dig out your Video boot of this show. i need for you to go to your burner and BURN this show for me, yes brothers, you know you want to share, i have a need and you can fill that need. dont let that boot dvd show just sit in you closet any more. heal me with the love of morrissey heal me with this show. show me your love brothers. personal email me brothers, yes now,and tell me your sending me that copy...thank you brothers, thank you

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NT4BHCEZ

19 June 2004
Hultsfred Festival, Hultsfred, Sweden

Shakespeare's Sister
First Of The Gang To Die
Hairdresser On Fire
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
Irish Blood, English Heart
All The Lazy Dykes
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
I'm Not Sorry
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
Subway Train/Everyday Is Like Sunday
Let Me Kiss You
No One Can Hold A Candle To You
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
Rubber Ring
/There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Because of the bad experience at the Flippaut festival in Bologna a week earlier and the rain which had been falling the whole day, fans at the Hultsfred Festival expected the worst. However the sun came out right on time for Morrissey to hit the stage and this gig turned out to be one of the best of the summer festivals. Morrissey was very talkative and energetic. There were minor technical problems early on, but nothing really noticeable.

Lil' Barry, who was on his third date replacing guitarist Alain Whyte, was getting better and better. Morrissey actually mentioned during the show that Alain was still ill: "You might notice that Alain is not with us... he is still ill [crowd cheers] Why are you cheering? We hope he comes back soon."

Morrissey greeted the audience with a line that sounded like "Hults-a-fred death threat" He threw in the crowd the thistles he was wearing at crotch level while coming on stage, then came the surprise. The fist song wasn't the standard opener "First Of The Gang To Die", but a version of "Shakespeare's Sister" from the Smiths days. It was the first time ever Morrissey did this song live in his solo years.

There were actually significant changes in the setlist at this point. "A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours" and "Hairdresser On Fire" were both retired for the rest of the tour. "The Headmaster Ritual" was skipped for this night only, but "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" returned, as well as "All The Lazy Dykes" which hadn't been played yet on any of the European dates yet.

The Swedish took "Shakespeare's Sister" as a thank you from Morrissey for "You Are The Quarry" going to #1 in their country. He actually thanked them for that during the concert: "We have an album out, 'You Are The Quarry' which made it to number one in Sweden... We are very, very thankful because we didn't get to number one in England... However, we got to number one in Malta... God bless Malta, God bless Sweden!". Some fans with internet connections must have read about what had happened in Bologna the week before, as at some point Morrissey answered someone in the audience: "So why should we kill Muse? Who remembers?"

Throughout the evening Morrissey commented a few times about the weather with lines such as "Thank you friends... never mind the rain, it's nice to see you". The sun had come out, but it was still cold. He asked left and right "Why is it so cold in Sweden this time of year? Why? Because? Nobody knows... I should have known it Julia... I am a crashing bore".

In "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference", Morrissey added some words: "Most people keep their brains between their legs...I do". After the song he commented on Sweden's entry in the Eurovision Song Contest while jokingly introducing "I'm Not Sorry": "In this year's Eurovision song contest Sweden came fifth with a good song and it's a song that we now would like to sing for you". In "The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores" he sang "Lockjaw popstars, Britney Spears Britney Spears, thicker than pig shit". When he was unsure about the sound, he asked things like "Was that okay, Julia?". As usual he chatted now and then with fanzine editor and front row regular Julia Riley, asking questions like "Are you with us Julia?".

At some point Morrissey thanked someone in the audience "...for holding that flag up for so long". To someone in the audience shouting for "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice", Morrissey asked "Um... are those badges from Manchester? (fan: 'yes') Are you from Manchester? (fan: 'yes') Which part? Be honest! (fan: 'Didsbury') Didsbury? I could tell...". Of course while Morrissey was in Sweden, the Meltdown festival which he was curating was happening in London. He mentioned this when saying: "Last night in London I saw a band called the New York Dolls... it was spectacular... they are sensational... did you see them on Wednesday, Julia? You saw them on Wednesday... fantastic... the best band in the world, including McFly... Dear God!"

The final song of the regular set was "Rubber Ring". It was very well received and as the fans were cheering it, Morrissey thanked them with the words "Thank you for your kindness... sorry it's so cold, sorry it's so wet... Next time we'll compensate you in your house... and we will stay."

The Hultsfred festival was filmed and both webcast and broadcast on television. The Morrissey show was webcast in its entirety, while five songs ("How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?", "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday", "Irish Blood, English Heart", "All The Lazy Dykes" and "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference") were shown on the Swedish television programme "Musikbyrån". The whole show minus "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel", "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday", "All The Lazy Dykes" and "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference" was shortly after shown on the Swedish On Demand television network (SVT2).

Read more about this concert and see photos offsite at MorrisseyTour.com and Morrissey-Solo.

The webcast of the full concert and the various television broadcasts mentioned above are circulated on bootleg DVDs. The quality varies between these, see here for full details.

A good audience recording of the whole concert minus "No One Can Hold A Candle To You", "I Have Forgiven Jesus" and "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice" can be found on bootleg cds. A soundboard quality recording is also circulated. It lacks the same three songs as well as "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel". The latter recording is occasionally found on bootleg cds titled "Hultsfred" with 7 demos circulated on the internet.

these scriptures are from the great site passions just like mine

hallaluyah

To someone in the audience shouting for "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice", Morrissey asked "Um... are those badges from Manchester? (fan: 'yes') Are you from Manchester? (fan: 'yes') Which part? Be honest! (fan: 'Didsbury') Didsbury? I could tell...".

'Twas me :D

Rev. Drifter, are you speaking of the Swedish TV broadcast? Would uploading it be ok or is burning the only option?

- unrulyboy -

oooh sorry my friends... all day i have been working on this video and now you are going to post one from just a couple days earlier... ah well.
i figure its still worth it to post these videos!

i cant wait to see yours. :o

Drifter, I have two videos from that day. One - about an hour and fifteen minutes in lengths - that's a poor quality .asf file, and another - about 15 minutes long - that's from Swedish tv. Are either of these what you're looking for? Does anyone have a better quality video of the whole show?

- unrulyboy -

I've got both the recordings with fairly good quality, sound is great though. 441.67 MiB and 162.63 MiB.

drifter, I can try to send atleast the first one sith meagupload or I can always send you a link to a torrent that I belive is still active.

the torrent is cool

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3320140/Morrissey_-_Hultsfred_2004_Part_1_of_2.
The first recording with five songs.
162.63 MiB

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3320141/Morrissey_-_Hultsfred_2004_Part_2_of_2
The rest of songs.
441.67 MiB

There should be three seeders (good old Piratebay:rolleyes: ) but if it's too slow I recommend that you send a PM to the uploader "Rosamannen". He's a really nice guy and a Moz fan. If you ask him nicely he should be able to boost your download:) .

Cheers

Last edited:
I want this concert too. If you look back at my posts, you will see that I have asked, and asked, and asked, hinted, pleaded,...and now I am begging. Again. For the audiovisual version of it. I have what cossy posted the other day, but it doesn't include the one I most want, though I love what cossy posted, it's a fantastic concert despite the cold but, the one I most want, the Let Me Kiss You continues to elude me, much to my chagrin and I want it so much that I'm sick. I'm sicker, I mean.

Please, please, ...anyone?

Grr

Editing here: Megaupload and sendspace are reliable to me so far. I'm not familiar yet with the other stuff, especially the torrent, seed, jargon,..though will likely learn it soon, please someone, upload to megaupload or sendspace? Or that other one, giga...something or other.

Grr!

ok brothers and sisters, i need your help, i need for you to reach deep down in your hearts, deep, deep, i need for you to go to your closets or shelfs or boxes and dig out your Video boot of this show. i need for you to go to your burner and BURN this show for me, yes brothers, you know you want to share, i have a need and you can fill that need. dont let that boot dvd show just sit in you closet any more. heal me with the love of morrissey heal me with this show. show me your love brothers. personal email me brothers, yes now,and tell me your sending me that copy...thank you brothers, thank you

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NT4BHCEZ

19 June 2004
Hultsfred Festival, Hultsfred, Sweden

Shakespeare's Sister
First Of The Gang To Die
Hairdresser On Fire
How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?
I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday
Irish Blood, English Heart
All The Lazy Dykes
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
I'm Not Sorry
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
Subway Train/Everyday Is Like Sunday
Let Me Kiss You
No One Can Hold A Candle To You
I Have Forgiven Jesus
Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice
Rubber Ring
/There Is A Light That Never Goes Out

Because of the bad experience at the Flippaut festival in Bologna a week earlier and the rain which had been falling the whole day, fans at the Hultsfred Festival expected the worst. However the sun came out right on time for Morrissey to hit the stage and this gig turned out to be one of the best of the summer festivals. Morrissey was very talkative and energetic. There were minor technical problems early on, but nothing really noticeable.

Lil' Barry, who was on his third date replacing guitarist Alain Whyte, was getting better and better. Morrissey actually mentioned during the show that Alain was still ill: "You might notice that Alain is not with us... he is still ill [crowd cheers] Why are you cheering? We hope he comes back soon."

Morrissey greeted the audience with a line that sounded like "Hults-a-fred death threat" He threw in the crowd the thistles he was wearing at crotch level while coming on stage, then came the surprise. The fist song wasn't the standard opener "First Of The Gang To Die", but a version of "Shakespeare's Sister" from the Smiths days. It was the first time ever Morrissey did this song live in his solo years.

There were actually significant changes in the setlist at this point. "A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours" and "Hairdresser On Fire" were both retired for the rest of the tour. "The Headmaster Ritual" was skipped for this night only, but "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday" returned, as well as "All The Lazy Dykes" which hadn't been played yet on any of the European dates yet.

The Swedish took "Shakespeare's Sister" as a thank you from Morrissey for "You Are The Quarry" going to #1 in their country. He actually thanked them for that during the concert: "We have an album out, 'You Are The Quarry' which made it to number one in Sweden... We are very, very thankful because we didn't get to number one in England... However, we got to number one in Malta... God bless Malta, God bless Sweden!". Some fans with internet connections must have read about what had happened in Bologna the week before, as at some point Morrissey answered someone in the audience: "So why should we kill Muse? Who remembers?"

Throughout the evening Morrissey commented a few times about the weather with lines such as "Thank you friends... never mind the rain, it's nice to see you". The sun had come out, but it was still cold. He asked left and right "Why is it so cold in Sweden this time of year? Why? Because? Nobody knows... I should have known it Julia... I am a crashing bore".

In "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference", Morrissey added some words: "Most people keep their brains between their legs...I do". After the song he commented on Sweden's entry in the Eurovision Song Contest while jokingly introducing "I'm Not Sorry": "In this year's Eurovision song contest Sweden came fifth with a good song and it's a song that we now would like to sing for you". In "The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores" he sang "Lockjaw popstars, Britney Spears Britney Spears, thicker than pig shit". When he was unsure about the sound, he asked things like "Was that okay, Julia?". As usual he chatted now and then with fanzine editor and front row regular Julia Riley, asking questions like "Are you with us Julia?".

At some point Morrissey thanked someone in the audience "...for holding that flag up for so long". To someone in the audience shouting for "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice", Morrissey asked "Um... are those badges from Manchester? (fan: 'yes') Are you from Manchester? (fan: 'yes') Which part? Be honest! (fan: 'Didsbury') Didsbury? I could tell...". Of course while Morrissey was in Sweden, the Meltdown festival which he was curating was happening in London. He mentioned this when saying: "Last night in London I saw a band called the New York Dolls... it was spectacular... they are sensational... did you see them on Wednesday, Julia? You saw them on Wednesday... fantastic... the best band in the world, including McFly... Dear God!"

The final song of the regular set was "Rubber Ring". It was very well received and as the fans were cheering it, Morrissey thanked them with the words "Thank you for your kindness... sorry it's so cold, sorry it's so wet... Next time we'll compensate you in your house... and we will stay."

The Hultsfred festival was filmed and both webcast and broadcast on television. The Morrissey show was webcast in its entirety, while five songs ("How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel?", "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday", "Irish Blood, English Heart", "All The Lazy Dykes" and "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference") were shown on the Swedish television programme "Musikbyrån". The whole show minus "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel", "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday", "All The Lazy Dykes" and "Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference" was shortly after shown on the Swedish On Demand television network (SVT2).

Read more about this concert and see photos offsite at MorrisseyTour.com and Morrissey-Solo.

The webcast of the full concert and the various television broadcasts mentioned above are circulated on bootleg DVDs. The quality varies between these, see here for full details.

A good audience recording of the whole concert minus "No One Can Hold A Candle To You", "I Have Forgiven Jesus" and "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice" can be found on bootleg cds. A soundboard quality recording is also circulated. It lacks the same three songs as well as "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel". The latter recording is occasionally found on bootleg cds titled "Hultsfred" with 7 demos circulated on the internet.

these scriptures are from the great site passions just like mine

hallaluyah

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom