1992 July 9th Leysin Rock Festival, Leysin (Switzerland)

drifter

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AVNV36GE

9 July 1992
Leysin Rock Festival, Leysin, Switzerland

Suedehead
Sister I'm A Poet
The Loop
You're The One For Me Fatty
Girl Least Likely To
Alsatian Cousin
Seasick, Yet Still Docked
Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
My Insatiable One
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Interesting Drug
National Front Disco
November Spawned A Monster
Piccadilly Palare
The Last Of The Famous International Playboys
/We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful
//Disappointed

This concert was not the most memorable one of the year. The crowd was rather unenthusiastic because, this being a festival, it comprised a good share of non-fans. Also, the strict security prevented all stage climbing, except for one person. Morrissey wasn't very talkative. Throughout the evening he threw a tambourine, some maracas, a British flag and his cobalt shirt into the audience, but they landed in the hands of security who didn't give them to the fans.

The setlist was not as heavy in "Your Arsenal" content as the previous festival one from five days before. Morrissey only played four songs from the then soon-to-be-released album, instead of eight and added earlier familiar single and album tracks like "Interesting Drug", "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys", "Piccadilly Palare" or "Disappointed". He also played the 1991 live staple "The Loop". This marked the only performance of "Piccadilly Palare" and "Disappointed" in 1992, and the last time these songs were part of a Morrissey set.

In "Piccadilly Palare", Morrissey didn't sing the "No Dad I won't be home tomorrow" lines at the end of the song as he did in live performances in 1991. The song's outro was shorter, and ended more abruptly, without the guitar jam typical of 1991 performances. In "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" Morrissey changed a line to "just to make myself attracted to you" as he did in 1991. Set closer "Disappointed" was not ended suddenly as it was at the end of the previous tour, but Morrissey still dropped the microphone after being done with it, before exiting. In the song, Morrissey sang "Young girl one day I really will be old" and ended with "this is the last song I will be ever sing, oh no".

A portion or possibly the entirety of this concert was later broadcast on the radio.

BOOTLEGS

The manufactured bootleg cd "Dreams I'll Never See" features the full concert from what is usually assumed to be a radio broadcast, despite the fact that crowd conversations can be heard. The sound is definitely better than an audience recording, but inferior to usual soundboard bootlegs. This is very widely spread on the internet.

A definite soundboard recording is available from certain bootleg traders, but this has not made it onto file sharing networks yet.

info from Passions Just Like Mine

Cheers drifter! :D Good show!

thanks drifter for this show used to have this on tape and always loved this era....p.s you should be the new julia.

Back
Top Bottom