14 best songs by either The Smiths or Morrissey?choose................

• Thread starter the boy with the thorn in his side.........
  • Start date
> 14 is the perfect number for a compilation album aint it?not obscure to
> me..............

do you mean the 14 songs of his catalogue that haven't been on another compilation yet?

Joining the chorus

> 14 is a rather arbitrary number, don't you think? any particular reason
> for choosing it? anyway, here is my list, in no particular order except a
> random one:

Smiths:

I know its all over
reeling aroung the fountain
what difference does it make
suffer little children
how soon is now
rush and a push and the land is ours
there is a light never goes out
sheila take a bow
halfperson
girl afraid
heaven knows i'm miserable now
please let me what i want

solo:
picadilli palare
hairdresser on fire

14 is perfect.16 or 18 and you start to program the songs,14 you just listen blissfully,if thats possible.............

> 14 is perfect.16 or 18 and you start to program the songs,14 you just
> listen blissfully,if thats possible.............

The Bob Marley - Legend compilation is my favourite of all time, I think it has 14 songs but I can't be arsed checking right now. "A mid priced" 14 song compilation would be perfect. But for 15 quid I'd expect at least 18.

> The Bob Marley - Legend compilation is my favourite of all time, I think
> it has 14 songs but I can't be arsed checking right now. "A mid
> priced" 14 song compilation would be perfect. But for 15 quid I'd
> expect at least 18.

that's what i'm talking about, david. cd's are entirely too expensive for there to only be 14 songs on them -- unless they're proper albums. with compilations, i expect more bang for my buck (especially in the case of the smiths and morrissey where i already have every song anyway). i also expect a tracklist that flows nicely -- none of this shoddily cobbled together stuff -- although this isn't a problem i've had with smiths/moz compilations.

for my money, one of the best (non smiths or moz) compilations is "the best of blur" which i think isn't available in the UK. it has two discs, one with 18 songs (one of them not available on a proper album) and one with 10 live songs. it cost me about $18, which is about how much regular cd's cost here. "the complete stone roses" is also incredibly generous with 21 songs.

Back
Top Bottom