• Thread starter Deleted member 25370
  • Start date
are you trying to emoticon-ly manipulate the readership?

If there was a nomination for new word of the year and it would be mentioned in the new Oxford dictionary or some other dictionary,
I would consider to vote for emoticon-ly, if it doesn't already exists.
Only point of discussion should be the - between n and l.
Personnaly I would leave it out for aesthetical reasons.
You are funny!

i agree, additionally i'd say he knows he has grown out of that which the smiths stood for. he has grown up as an artist and a human being and the smiths-morrissey persona simply doesn't fit any longer. reunion would mean stepping back in time and making a fool of himself just for the sake of fulfilling expectations and earning some money with that

It's been almost thirty years since they broke up. We all know it's over

Rather than ask Morrissey about Smiths reunions (it's long dead to him) I'd like journos to ask about the Smiths songs he still plays. Are they chosen wholly based on the lyrics having meaning for him today (with a song like Meat is Murder his mantra and William being defunct)? How much of it is fan service? Do the band have any say in what they'd like to tackle musically?

Artists are generally happiest with their most recent work, but Moz seems particularly big on World Peace... I'd say it's his best since Quarry.

I agree about asking about the smiths songs he's currently playing. He seems to have really found a
love for what she said this time around and I'm curious as to how he connects to the song these days. Does he see something new that connects to his modern day outlook or did the song retain a meaning that never left him. Does he just enjoy singing it

I agree about asking about the smiths songs he's currently playing. He seems to have really found a
love for what she said this time around and I'm curious as to how he connects to the song these days. Does he see something new that connects to his modern day outlook or did the song retain a meaning that never left him. Does he just enjoy singing it

Such a great song!
One of the many best.
Musically and lyrically.
I always thought he actually heard her saying that what she said.
That it is his kind of sociological side.
A really perceptive and sensitive view on people and to identify with them as a person. Individually.

And one of the most funny and at the same time heartwarming lines ever: " It took a tatooed boy from Birkenhead to really, really open her eyes ".

Bob Dylan, eat your heart out. Nobelprize, pff.
Mind you I like it if he would refuse it.
Moz would do the same cause as he said, why should you get an award for doing something you really like and want to do?
Nobody asks you to do it, so why should you get an award for it?
:thumb:

By the way, the Nobelprize for literature had already lost a lot of it's glory and importance before Dylan was rewarded.

Is there a sane human being on the planet who would claim that Kiss Me A Lot is better than This Charming Man?

' better '? But someone may say that 'KMAL' means more to them now than ' TCM'. So I think a person could claim sanity if they were to say that one song is better to them now than another song.

i dont understand that line! open her eyes how?!

I interpreted that line as saying the tattooed boy from Birkenhead fell in love with her and opened her eyes for the possibility and existence of love, how fragile it is none the less.
He fell in love with her and she with him.
As I said, it's just my interpretation and I am an incurable romantic until the day I die and after that as well.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom