Yes, there were times/I'm sure you knew - Morrissey statement at true-to-you.net

i don't care about this bollocks-26 years ago i was in wolverhampton civic hall,now that was a gig, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Good statement, I hope he plays a lot more UK dates next year hopefully with some new material, I'd deffo go and see him again, I'm quite missing him.

It's Julia's life - if she is happy, and no harm is caused, then who is to judge? But I really wanted to explore the issue - is somebody truly happy if they are totally immersed, obsessed, or fanatical about somebody or something?

The first thing I'd counter with is that "happiness" is an incredibly vague concept, one that means many different things to different people. Can't happiness be the fulfillment of an obsession? Can't happiness exist in repetition and predictability? Can't happiness exist in immersing one's self in something or someone else's life? Maybe not for you or for me, but for some people, that's how it is. I can't fathom finding enjoyment or "happiness" in devoting one's life to raising a child, for example, but most people apparently do. Everyone is different. The second thing I'd suggest is that the achievement of a state of "happiness" isn't even necessarily every person's goal in life.

People are motivated by all kinds of different things. Far be it from me to suggest that I have it all figured out, because I don't—not for me or for anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither of you are winners. For different reasons. That's my opinion.

Nobody anywhere wins. That's my opinion.

Thank you for that response, Chickpea. You make an important point there. Happiness is so personal, that one person's idea of joy is another's idea of misery. I suppose that's the closest one can get to an answer without climbing into their mind.

Even if she doesn't report her dominatrix money to the IRS, she would still be required to report it to the agency that doles out the food stamps, otherwise she could be prosecuted for fraud. Maybe she doesn't make enough money as a dominatrix and is still eligible for food stamps. Personally, I wish women would not be whores because it only perpetuates sexism.

Maybe she's like the girl with the tats and black hair- tells people she can afford to follow morrissey because she has a bachelor's degree and works hard, but in reality collects food stamps from the government and is a dominatrix in NYC- a job that provides tax-free money and the ability to make your own schedule. I don't even want to know how she got on the list but I bet it involves someone on moz crew.

She doesn't live off of a trust fund. That's a Solo-perpetuated fantasy. But even if she did it wouldn't be at taxpayer's expense, so the comparison doesn't jive.

When that much wealth is owned by one person, it means somewhere along the line labor was exploited, even if she is not the actual exploiter. Otherwise you wouldn't have a wealth disparity. It's a shame we live under a corrupt system.

Moz may have a lot of wealth himself, but he earns it. He runs himself ragged to accumulate that wealth. Although, maybe he has more than he needs. I dunno.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wealth_inequality_in_the_United_States

There are fans that have seen an artist as much as julia- deadheads.

yeah my parents were deadheads and we saw them a lot they more so and we were not wealthy but just made different decisions with the little money we had. im not saying smart ones but we did it

Here you are, in all your glum internet infested misery dissecting Julia's life from afar, with no insight whatsoever. Meanwhile, she's off somewhere living her dream. :doh:

Even if she doesn't report her dominatrix money to the IRS, she would still be required to report it to the agency that doles out the food stamps, otherwise she could be prosecuted for fraud. Maybe she doesn't make enough money as a dominatrix and is still eligible for food stamps. Personally, I wish women would not be whores because it only perpetuates sexism.

It's not that she's a dominatrix. It's that she can afford to follow morrissey on every tour for 2 years yet she takes government assistance to buy food. And when someone asks her how she affords this travel she states it is because she has a college degree.

Here you are, in all your glum internet infested misery dissecting Julia's life from afar, with no insight whatsoever. Meanwhile, she's off somewhere living her dream. :doh:

Dreams should be for your life- not following someone else's.

Deadheads were following the band around in vans, selling food/acid/handmade crafts in the parking lots to see the dead. They didn't command the front row every night after flying in first class.

- - - Updated - - -

Is she really living the dream? That's what living the dream is to you -- to follow a singer's every move and not have a life aside from his life?

As for the comments about happiness. Who says she's happy? Have you seen her? Does she love happy to you? And that dominatrix being referred to, who is also "living the dream", is open about being a "sad girl". She's depressed and all her Morrissey shows hasn't really taken that away.

the first thing i'd counter with is that "happiness" is an incredibly vague concept, one that means many different things to different people. Can't happiness be the fulfillment of an obsession? Can't happiness exist in repetition and predictability? Can't happiness exist in immersing one's self in something or someone else's life? Maybe not for you or for me, but for some people, that's how it is. I can't fathom finding enjoyment or "happiness" in devoting one's life to raising a child, for example, but most people apparently do. Everyone is different. The second thing i'd suggest is that the achievement of a state of "happiness" isn't even necessarily every person's goal in life.

People are motivated by all kinds of different things. Far be it from me to suggest that i have it all figured out, because i don't—not for me or for anyone else.

- - - updated - - -

nobody anywhere wins. That's my opinion.

yes! Yes! Yes!

The first thing I'd counter with is that "happiness" is an incredibly vague concept, one that means many different things to different people. Can't happiness be the fulfillment of an obsession? Can't happiness exist in repetition and predictability? Can't happiness exist in immersing one's self in something or someone else's life? Maybe not for you or for me, but for some people, that's how it is. I can't fathom finding enjoyment or "happiness" in devoting one's life to raising a child, for example, but most people apparently do. Everyone is different. The second thing I'd suggest is that the achievement of a state of "happiness" isn't even necessarily every person's goal in life.

People are motivated by all kinds of different things. Far be it from me to suggest that I have it all figured out, because I don't—not for me or for anyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody anywhere wins. That's my opinion.

No, happiness does not exist in the fulfillment of an obsession, unless you're referring to temporary happiness. An "obsession" is pathological in nature and for something to be pathological, it interferes with your life. It's like an addiction. You are "happy" when you're high but it's temporary, because then you're just anxious looking for the next high.

If you read up on the science of happiness, the empirical data that has been shown through many years of research, you'd find some insight to the questions you posed.

Being "happy" may not be everyone's goal in life but being "unhappy" isn't either.

But she's not. The tour's over.

I couldn't give a tinker's f*** how Julia Riley chooses to spend her life/money. Life is shit & short, so do what you love now. Or who ;)

But, as for Morrissey's ongoing...interest...in Julia, I would think it possible that Morrissey sees in her what-might-have-been.
Had John Maher from Wythenshawe not knocked him up, etc, perhaps he would still be stealing sacred scraps from Sparks' hotel breakfast tables.
Or something.
And been happy with that too?
I reckon that Morrissey still sees Pop Worship as the ultimate in human relationships.
He has seen it from both sides of the divide, and I doubt whether he actually sees the Fan as being the vastly inferior partner.

Clearly, to most adult humans, and all practising therapists, that's quite a deluded position.
But I've seen worse.

Dreams should be for your life- not following someone else's.

Deadheads were following the band around in vans, selling food/acid/handmade crafts in the parking lots to see the dead. They didn't command the front row every night after flying in first class.

- - - Updated - - -

Is she really living the dream? That's what living the dream is to you -- to follow a singer's every move and not have a life aside from his life?

As for the comments about happiness. Who says she's happy? Have you seen her? Does she love happy to you?
And that dominatrix being referred to, who is also "living the dream", is open about being a "sad girl". She's depressed and all her Morrissey shows hasn't really taken that away.
Touched a nerve there apparently...

It's most likely her dream, not mine. Although most of us wouldn't mind having that sort of economic freedom.

And what do you know about her not having a life aside from following him around? He tours every other year or so. Like I said, no insight whatsoever.

And what do we know about her happiness? The level of presumptuousness is now staggering. We see her briefly whilst queuing for gigs, for f***s sake.

To get provoked by this woman is pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

But she's not. The tour's over.

I couldn't give a tinker's f*** how Julia Riley chooses to spend her life/money. Life is shit & short, so do what you love now. Or who ;)

But, as for Morrissey's ongoing...interest...in Julia, I would think it possible that Morrissey sees in her what-might-have-been.
Had John Maher from Wythenshawe not knocked him up, etc, perhaps he would still be stealing sacred scraps from Sparks' hotel breakfast tables.
Or something.
And been happy with that too?
I reckon that Morrissey still sees Pop Worship as the ultimate in human relationships.
He has seen it from both sides of the divide, and I doubt whether he actually sees the Fan as being the vastly inferior partner.

Clearly, to most adult humans, and all practising therapists, that's quite a deluded position.
But I've seen worse.

Lots of truth to this. Well put.

i don't care about this bollocks-26 years ago i was in wolverhampton civic hall,now that was a gig, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

As long as you don't listen to the playback of it. My god that was some awful playing. If I could take back that listen I would. Some things are just better left imagined.

yeah my parents were deadheads and we saw them a lot they more so and we were not wealthy but just made different decisions with the little money we had. im not saying smart ones but we did it

grateful dead hardly ever played any shows outside of the usa. moz plays mostly in europe. to attend 625 shows moz shows, the majority in europe i assume, would take a forutune and a half.
most over the top deadheads camped out or slept in vans and sold stuff to survive on tour, i dont think that is the moz scene, which i much more high brow.

The French magazine Les Inrockuptibles ranked WPINOYB at number 19 out of the 100 best albums of 2014, which is very good going - they consider it to be one of his best albums.
They added a little anecdote, saying the dog on the cover is called Paula and her owner is a young sound engineer who worked on the album.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom