Basel gig tonight cancelled according to venue site

Re: Basel gig tonight also cancelled

I think its pretty obvious at this point that Morrissey has some serious health problems, and try as he might he's not going to be able to make through a big tour like this anymore. I think people should stop taking it so personally that he cancels shows. Do you really think when he plans a big tour with a lot of money as well as his reputation on the line he thinks to himself, can't wait till I get to Switzerland so I can cancel those dates and f*** a lot of people over?

I've been cancelled on over 30 times now and I still go to the shows. Jesus have some compassion for the man.

Seriously. Some of these comments read along the lines of, "Well Muffy got a pony for her birthday and her parents said it didn't cost too much money, so Daddy is a LIAR if he says we can't afford to get a pony, too!" I mean really.

(You know that people over the age of 50 don't all share the same immune system, right? And that Morrissey did just complete a run of 13 dates without incident, right?)

I imagine Veruca Salt is the one making many of these posts.
VerucaSalt.Impatience.jpg

Seriously. Some of these comments read along the lines of, "Well Muffy got a pony for her birthday and her parents said it didn't cost too much money, so Daddy is a LIAR if he says we can't afford to get a pony, too!" I mean really.

(You know that people over the age of 50 don't all share the same immune system, right? And that Morrissey did just complete a run of 13 dates without incident, right?)

I think its pretty obvious at this point that Morrissey has some serious health problems, and try as he might he's not going to be able to make through a big tour like this anymore. I think people should stop taking it so personally that he cancels shows. Do you really think when he plans a big tour with a lot of money as well as his reputation on the line he thinks to himself, can't wait till I get to Switzerland so I can cancel those dates and f*** a lot of people over?

I've been cancelled on over 30 times now and I still go to the shows. Jesus have some compassion for the man.

I get what you're saying. But if he is so unhealthy, then he shouldn't even be attempting to do a tour of this magnitude. It hasn't worked the last 3-4 times he has tried, so why would it work this time?

He obviously loves doing concerts, so the answer is shorter residencies. 3-5 night stands in big cities, with plenty of time in between. He has done it with success in the past, but has gravitated against this model the last few years. In doing so, he can settle into a nice hotel and not worry about driving/flying hundreds of miles every other day. Yes, this model of performance may be more expensive to operate (i.e. having a band/crew on retainer for more months out of a year) but in the end I think it would end up being more lucrative when you factor in a greater percentage of shows actually occuring. As we know, people will travel to see Morrissey. Strategically scheduled and in the right venues, he could pack the people in at these shows.

If he were to come back to the US next year, imagine if he only did shows in NYC, Chicago, Austin, LA, San Francisco, and maybe one other place (Atlanta?). 3-5 nights each in 2500-3500 capacity venues. Would that be a winning equation? I think it would.

Tru 2 form Statement

Metal Peru Rodney !

It is with greater sadness than last time and the time before that, that I cannot find silly words sad enough to express my heartfelt sorrow and ring pain at the situation we the touring party find ourselves in at the present time. I was really looking forward to Lion, Lasagne and Basil but once again the wheel has fallen off the covered wagon and I find it is left once again to me to explain. It seems that fatty has been pie smuggling and ate a dodgy re-heated one even though the contract says its a meat free tour and all bananas will be supplied, he was put in quarantine kept nil by mouth for twenty four hours and made a remarkable recovery, however the next morning I awoke to find my luxury suite looking like David Charlton's dirty protest cell at H M Strangeways prison and this state remains to the present. I shall try my best to honour November the 5 th by putting another spare wheel on the covered wagon but if I don't may be its best for all concerned if you throw me on a bonfire or otherwise find me in a covered ditch.
I would also like to thank Benny-the-British-Butcher for his made up sicklists that accompany my cancellations they really keep my spirits up and I sing them out loud on the Crapper.
Woe and a woe and another woe and f*** Harvest while I'm at it.
I will see you in far off places or ! Next year on another tour in another part of of earth is the loneliest planet.

TOSSERREY

Fatty has been pie smuggling l m a o . Do you think fatty will be the new Kristeen now ?
You know I'm all about the pies bow't the pies no salad.

Does anybody know if Hannover is on ?
I've not heard anything and I need to set off in a couple of hours.

Got an email from the Venue yesterday

"aus gesundheitlichen Gründen wurden die letzten 3 Shows in Frankreich bzw. der Schweiz abgesagt.

Die Crew befindet sich bereits in Hannover und bereitet die morgige Show vor.

Daher gibt es aktuell keine Bedenken, dass die Show morgen nicht stattfinden wird. Momentan läuft in Hannover alles planmäßig."

translated:

due to health reasons Shows in France and Switzerland were cancelled

Crew at Moment is in Hannover preparing for tomorrows shoe

There are no actual Reasons that the Show can't go ahead

Got a further Email today in the morning telling:

"no Change in the Information past on yesterday"

Greetings from germany

it means at Moment Show will go ahead as planned at the Moment

fear not the show goes on and there will be one main talking point.. regards, Manc Lad

I take it Boz's house in the mountains isn't in Germany.

Does Liam know you come here and spill everything he tells you?

ah. if only that were the case, but I don't know what nonsense you think you know about me, but that is all it is. nonsense, I don't know anyone of that name.. rgds, Manc Lad

The talking point tonight will surely be the new band member that walks onto the stage as the "flu" excuse at last falls belly up.

And once tonight's show concludes, let this be a lesson to all to never believe any cancellation excuses Morrissey (or his press agent) dole out. In recent memory, the only bit of honestly came when Morrissey's mother was ill and he left to be by her side. That was noble and quite understandable.

My favorite excuse of all time was from Morrissey's residency at the Hollywood Palladium in 2007. He was booked for 10 nights, but only half of them sold well. They cancelled several gigs dues to low ticket sales and allowed ticket holders to come to some of the other gigs (that also had low ticket sales). The reason given: A water main break in the venue!! Classic!! Honorable mention to "food poisoning among the band" from South America in July 2013.

The talking point tonight will surely be the new band member that walks onto the stage as the "flu" excuse at last falls belly up.

And once tonight's show concludes, let this be a lesson to all to never believe any cancellation excuses Morrissey (or his press agent) dole out. In recent memory, the only bit of honestly came when Morrissey's mother was ill and he left to be by her side. That was noble and quite understandable.

My favorite excuse of all time was from Morrissey's residency at the Hollywood Palladium in 2007. He was booked for 10 nights, but only half of them sold well. They cancelled several gigs dues to low ticket sales and allowed ticket holders to come to some of the other gigs (that also had low ticket sales). The reason given: A water main break in the venue!! Classic!! Honorable mention to "food poisoning among the band" from South America in July 2013.

So who was replaced and why?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom