Ideas for a "Staircase At The University" fan video... - Do you have any ?

Belligerent Ghoul

Hall of Famer
osvbqr.jpg

I don't have the skills like those Moz thanked. But I was thinking of something less linear. One idea that came to me was to have the song play over clips of old silent films, assuming the required footage is there. Something abstract...but not random...with meaning...but not on a silver spoon. Of course, seeing her take the dive...

Here's the first thing that came to my mind. Too literal, of course, but I'm not good at this!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^
You must be a bonafide genius because you came up with that fast. It's very good. Just Vera Miles - too old to play the student. But this footage could be interspersed with a younger woman, or several. Jimmy Stewart perfect as the father.

Of course, the linear-thinking cheeseball in me wants to re-cast Morrissey in the role of Jimmy Stewart.

i would kinda wanna invert the initial idea of pressure and its symbol of college. follow around a person on campus, a student, and have her look stressed only to be pushed down the stairs by the hispanic maintenance worker ignored in every shot cleaning hard.

While I like the video that was posted, surely marred + Adeptly Inept can come up with something, for they are Artists.

anime

the student is half girl half sea creature

she grows three new heads, says f*** you to the dad, the boyfriend, and the school, and rides off into the sunset, swishing her tentacles behind her

I was thinking of creating a video for Staircase ... but I am struggling to muster up anything interesting or original.
The use of films, as mentioned earlier in the thread by BG, sounds great.

Alternatively, the prospect of an animation is attractive, although I lack the patience for such a thing.

Will marred rescue us?

anime

the student is half girl half sea creature

she grows three new heads, says f*** you to the dad, the boyfriend, and the school, and rides off into the sunset, swishing her tentacles behind her

I like that. I like that.

Some clips from Lindsay Anderson's 'If...' would be great for this, with all the homo-humasexual undertones and subversive leanings and such.

Back
Top Bottom