Which of these LGBT-themed films really really really blew you away ?

Which of these LGBT-themed films really really really blew you away ?

• Total voters
I don't know what LGBT means, gay something or other I imagine from the films on there. I liked Dallas Buyers Club and My Own Private Idaho most from that list. If it's films with gay characters that we're on about then Prick Up Your Ears, Before Night Falls, A Taste Of Honey and Capote too.

None of the films listed "blew me" in any such fashion. Also, I can't understand why The Birdcage is listed but not La Cage aux Folles? Certainly that is more well-known throughout the world?

Probably the most overtly gay themed film I enjoy is "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".

I loved all of these:

My Own Private Idaho
Blue Is the Warmest Color
Milk
Philadelphia
My Beautiful Laundrette
The Crying Game
All About My Mother
The Birdcage
Dallas Buyers Club
Far From Heaven
A Single Man
Boys Don't Cry

It is possible. I only watch "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze" on repeat. Ain't nothin' gay about that...

Let's see. They are all named after Renaissance artists, spend most of their spare time working out and they're at the beck and call of an old guy who always wears a dressing gown. The Secret of the Ooze is that it's not really much of a secret.

Beautiful Thing

Velvet Goldmine

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the most overtly gay themed film I enjoy is "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".

Are you sure about that? ;)

tumblr_mtcqwmkNtG1qmj83do1_400.gif

I loved all of these:

My Own Private Idaho
Blue Is the Warmest Color
Milk
Philadelphia
My Beautiful Laundrette
The Crying Game
All About My Mother
The Birdcage
Dallas Buyers Club
Far From Heaven
A Single Man
Boys Don't Cry

Jehne, did you see "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?" Did you like it? And, if so, could you explain its appeal to me?

chasing Amy is probably my favorite. It's a great movie with a lot of heart and balances funny and dramatic with great results.

Back
Top Bottom