The all things 80s Thread

Good song. I was gonna post their song "99," but I just looked it up & found out it was released in '79.

I love this, haven't heard it for ages!

I love it too. I really like several songs off of his first album. "Find Me Another Love" is a nice song. Unfortunately, YouTube doesn't offer its video. They do have this cool song.....

"Family Man" by Roachford (1988)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Mercy" by Steve Jones (1986)

-Steve Jones was a founding member of The Sex Pistols.

"Mercy" was featured in a season three episode of "Miami Vice." The episode is entitled "Stone's War," and it originally aired on October 3rd, 1986. It's a really good episode. This 6:35 video clip is action from the end of the episode. However, it doesn't show the ending. There's about five minutes of action after this clip ends. "Mercy" begins playing at the 2:46 segment of the clip. It plays all the way through to the end of the clip.

"Stone's War" (Season Three, Episode Two) "Miami Vice"

"Satellite" by Elton John (1985)

-at the minute & a half mark this classic stops playing. A minute & a half is better than nothing. Elton forever!

"Sign Your Name" by Terence Trent D'Arby (October, 1987)

-such a beautiful song.

"Come Go With Me" by Expose' (1987)

Expose'.jpg

-lead vocals by Jeanette Jurado ( in the pic above, she's in the middle.)

-made it to #5 on the Billboard Hot 100 (April '87.)

-The first 2:31 of the song is fantastic. Then at the 2:32 point it changes up & becomes even better. My favorite part of this song is from 2:32 to 3:20. The final minute is fantastic as well.

When I'm depressed listening to this song makes me feel better. If I made a list of my 20 favorite songs of all-time by anyone, this song would be on that list. "Rubber Ring" would too.

"Wonderful Woman" by The Smiths ( released on Johnny Marr's birthday, 1983)

My discovery of pop music didn’t happen until the mid 1980’s. Although I can clearly remember watching KISS, Marc Bolan and Slade on “Ready To Roll”. Until pop music came along to hold me hostage to indie music and three minute jingle jangle songs TV ruled. The 1980’s were possible the best decade for TV, although we are now back in another golden age.

In 1981 we were still getting the majority of TV shows from the mother country. Slightly forgotten about now, but “Smuggler” was class. A little bit of boys own adventure. Suspenseful TV. Each 30 minute episode ending on a cliff hanger. “Smuggler” starred Oliver Tobias and a very pretty Lesley Dunlop. For children and young adulst 1980’s television treated the view with some intelligence The final series of “Smuggler” was “Adventurer” and filmed in New Zealand in 1987. I can remember that creating a bit of fuss in the country at the time as it was quite a big thing to have an overseas TV series being filmed here.

My memories of viewing “Smuggler” are also strongly associated with being a teenager in the 1980’s. Of watching “Smuggler” at 5.30pm. My brother coming home from football practice. Coal fires warming the living room and the security of mum cooking tea for the family.

My discovery of pop music didn’t happen until the mid 1980’s. Although I can clearly remember watching KISS, Marc Bolan and Slade on “Ready To Roll”. Until pop music came along to hold me hostage to indie music and three minute jingle jangle songs TV ruled. The 1980’s were possible the best decade for TV, although we are now back in another golden age.

In 1981 we were still getting the majority of TV shows from the mother country. Slightly forgotten about now, but “Smuggler” was class. A little bit of boys own adventure. Suspenseful TV. Each 30 minute episode ending on a cliff hanger. “Smuggler” starred Oliver Tobias and a very pretty Lesley Dunlop. For children and young adulst 1980’s television treated the view with some intelligence The final series of “Smuggler” was “Adventurer” and filmed in New Zealand in 1987. I can remember that creating a bit of fuss in the country at the time as it was quite a big thing to have an overseas TV series being filmed here.

My memories of viewing “Smuggler” are also strongly associated with being a teenager in the 1980’s. Of watching “Smuggler” at 5.30pm. My brother coming home from football practice. Coal fires warming the living room and the security of mum cooking tea for the family.

This sounds interesting!I love suspenseful television. Suspenseful old-time radio is even a notch better. I'm going to watch this when I get a chance.

Here's a cool old-time radio classic from 1950. I know this is the "80's Fever" thread but, I first listened to this classic in the 80's so that should count for something. This is an episode from the classic science fiction-suspense radio program, "Dimension X."

"Report on the Barnhouse Effect," a 1950 episode of "Dimension X."

-story by Kurt Vonnegut.

"Almost Hear You Sigh" by The Rolling Stones (released in the heat of August, 1989)

-Beautiful song. In my opinion.

This might ring a few bells with some thirtysomethings from England. This was my first scary TV experience. I was probably about five and whenever it came on TV I would run out of the room.

"In Neon" by Elton John (1984, I believe.)

-I don't think this song has anything to do with Marilyn Monroe. A young Lana Turner, maybe. I'm too lazy to listen to the lyrics to figure it out. A Beautiful song.

"Open Letter (To a Landlord)" by Living Colour (May, 1988)

"Close to the Borderline" by Billy Joel (March, 1980)

-one of his best.

Treepeople with "No Doubt" (1989)

-Every bit as good as Nirvana as far as I'm concerned, and I Love Nirvana.

Back
Top Bottom