Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio station Reactor 105 Mar. 20

Re: Morrissey March 19th interview to be broadcast in Mexican radio station March 20t

9a286d6490d311e2a59b22000a9f3c66_7.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/XDXHTOOF_h/

Re: Article: Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio

I don't smoke, someone from "BRS" reported on AYNIM yesterday before the interview was announced that Morrissey was spotted in England. But he was giving an interview in Mexico that morning, less than in the time someone could fly to England.

Then your source in England has been smoking.

Re: Article: Morrissey interview (recorded Mar. 19) to be broadcast on Mexican radio

I don't smoke, someone from "BRS" reported on AYNIM yesterday before the interview was announced that Morrissey was spotted in England. But he was giving an interview in Mexico that morning, less than in the time someone could fly to England.

The report was not that he had been spotted, but that he had flight tickets back to England that day. Turned out it was flexible tickets. Now obsess over something else please, like, signs lol.

I just listened to this live in a rain drenched hut in Berchem and recorded it in Audacity. I think I have managed to create an mp3 file for you all of the complete transmitted interview, including (most of) the questions and translations of the answers in Spanish. It's 42 minutes long. I cut out the songs (Heaven Knows, Paris & Charming). No other tinkering was done. Morrissey spoke quite quietly. He's lost a lot of blood... The file is 97.20 MB. This may or may not work; I have not used sendspace before.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/l7hvb5

J

He's lost alot of blood? My poor sweet Morrissey! :(

Then your source in England has been smoking.

Staright-up serious...my husband looks like Moz, even in young pictures. With the exception that my husband has brown eyes and is 5'10". For a small fee, he could be used as a diversionary decoy!
:lbf:

staright-up serious...my husband looks like moz, even in young pictures. With the exception that my husband has brown eyes and is 5'10". For a small fee, he could be used as a diversionary decoy!
:lbf:

sweeeeeeet!!!! :D

Whoah there. That's coming in as an EXE file. No one's gonna download that - my antivirus warned me.

P.

I'm downloading it now, it's coming up as a mp3.

I think it's Sendspace but did you unclick the little box before trying to download it? There is a little box that says something like 'download with Sendspace accelerator' - unclick that box and then click the download button.

The report was not that he had been spotted, but that he had flight tickets back to England that day. Turned out it was flexible tickets. Now obsess over something else please, like, signs lol.

...says the person stalking Morrissey's flight records. :straightface: The report was that he was in Blighty and safe. He wasn't.

"I tried! I cant do it! I hate this picture."
Hey Playcat. What's the matter, my little kitten? I have to admit this picture bothered me at first; while he does look gorgeous as always, there is something hiding behind that Mexican tan, a worrisome fatigue that makes me apprehensive. Call it mother's intuition, but I am concerned that he is still not taking proper care of himself. I had pneumonia once, and while it doesn't always require hospitalization, it does kick the crap out of you. My wish is that he has someone with him who will mother him and keep him on track healthwise, someone who loves the man, not the fame and the image, someone who is not on the payroll. He needs that, and deserves that. On the bright side, the warmth and sunshine should be helpful. Just take another look at the photo and focus on that sexy chest. "Let me get my hands on your.... "you know the rest!
lynnda

Thanks Lynnda, I hope he does have someone looking after him. It just hurts me to see him not feeling well. I know he's gonna get better. If I could be there I would take such good care of him, he wouldnt know what hit him. :)

nice try, pier. this was the EXACT quote, "BRS knows that Moz landed safely but tired in old blighty today. I hope that comforts you! Sorry no pics."

you're full of it.

3 albums of material ready to be recorded? 36 songs? I would think that Moz would be previewing the best of them live and on bbc. If the songs he is putting out there are his best new tracks, he really needs to quit.

Did someone record the interview? Please share the link.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Morrissey - Mexico City interview

Morrissey was interviewed on a Mexican station Reactor 105.7 on March 19th right after Morrissey canceled his gig at the Vive Latino festival. The radio station aired the interview today. Morrissey sounded in fine form and fans should be relieved that he didn't at all sound sickly, etc. While we wait for a rip of the interview to be posted, I (attempted) to transcribe most of the interview while listening to the live stream. I missed some words (can't type too fast) but the gist of it is there. The interviewer asked the questions in Spanish and Morrissey answered in English. There were one or two questions that I couldn't exactly figure out what was asked, but tried to infer from Morrissey's answers. A big thanks to Roberto Ferdenzi, who tipped me off to the live stream of the interview. :) Also thanks to Married to the Moz, and Moz Army.

UPDATE: A Morrissey fansite has posted a link to download the interview.

The first part of the interview Moz talked about his illness and didn't go into full particulars other than to say he's now susceptible to a lot of things, which have all stemmed from blood loss from his bout with bleeding ulcers.

"everything attacked me at once...everything stemmed from a loss of blood...I've been on many IV drips for a long time, the pneumonia stemmed from loss of blood, infection easy due to loss of blood...hopefully I will be saved from death"

(on the new songs played during his BBC session)

"Radio session was done and the songs have been released as b-sides, but not new studio recordings. The radio session doesn't belong to me, but the songs will be recorded in a studio one day. I don't get approached by anybody to record, so I wait. Here I am, sitting here waiting"

(question about recording new music)

"A LOT of songs. We could record three studio albums easily. None of the major labels are interested. It's a question of age really...only interested in young people who will fly by"

(question about recording)

"It wasn't the way I was raised. Not interested in DIY. No interest. I have interest in major labels, I began on an indie label and it's not something I want to relive twice"

"I think the time with the Smiths saved them (Rough Trade). Until the Smiths came by they were a dull label, when the Smiths happened, Rough Trade turned into young label, and signed bands who resembled the Smiths"

(question about bands who cover the Smiths/Morrissey songs)

"I never cringe really if anyone covers a song, I find it very moving even if it's quite bad...some of them really do affect me emotionally. I find it extraordinary that I hear new cover versions every day...every day someone is covering the Smiths. British radio would never play the Smiths and they (the Smiths) proved the band is one of the most influential ever...and they were never helped. If you have something meaningful it will seep through eventually and no one can stop it."

The song "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" was played on the program

(question again about cover songs)

Many, many cover versions are recorded everyday, which I find fantastic. If I released a single in England tomorrow no one would play it. Radio wouldn't play it. It doesn't has the modern electronic beats that's big now. No matter what happens I always seem to be against the grain no matter what the grain is...

(No idea what he was asked here, maybe about his autobiography?)

Yes it's there and it's sitting and at the right time I'll press the button, but it's not time. I'd rather not say anything until it's launched.

(another question stemming from previous question)

No i don't think so, it depends how people are shocked, I don't think people these days are shocked by anything. It's not grotesque.

(question on what is the biggest misconception about him)

I'm an extrovert. I'm introverted and a very shy person, yet if I explain anything in a gentle way, they'll report it like I'm shouting and it has been an outburst. Everything I say is gentle and quite slow. Most common misconception is I'm an extrovert. Not at all. And that I'm angry and a monster. Not true. Not a monster. Not, not, not.

(on being outspoken)

I'm alive and a human being and see what happens around me and I can comment and I have a view and don't accept things that happen automatically. Therefore I'm asked, and have a chance to speak...most aren't asked and don't have a chance to speak. I've never been a part of the crowd and let the boat sail smoothly.

(appreciating wit)

Many things I do appreciate, I do appreciate wit and it's rare. Very very rare. People say the same thing every day, give the same response overall, use the same words. Describe where you are, where you've been, conversation is the power. They'll say fine, very well, which isn't true. I like people with depth.

(question on LA Moz convention)

It has influenced me because they exist...the tattoos are incredible. Fans are covered in Morrissey tattoos. I don't know another other artist who has that effect on audience. Extraordinary. I'd point out that audiences everywhere are great (not just the LA Latino audience). In most places, the audiences are incredible and give so much, they don't sit there...and they give...and move forward and give themselves. I've seen many multi-plantinum artists at concerts and the fans sit in their seats, they don't want to touch the person and get near the stage. My audience is different, and it's largely ignored by the media.

(on being ignored by the press)

It becomes tiresome year after year achieving so much yet being ignored. It becomes tiresome. I'm not begging for recognition but I don't get it. No record label, no manager, without financial injection, I achieve so much by myself. I don't know another artist who does it. I'm surviving very, very well.

"I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" is played on the program

(question about reviews and if he reads reviews)

It helps if there are good reviews, I don't seek them out anymore. (He said the last time he read a review was when You Are The Quarry came out).

(more on reviews)

One review is one review. But no, I don't seek out the good ones and forget the bad ones. You still continue the same way, you can't let it affect you...even if all the reviews are incredible you can't let it affect you. You have to have your path and stick to it, otherwise you are acting on other people's advice and that is no good.

(question about who he writes music with, not sure who specifically the interviewer asked about)

He wasn't no, but he had written some tunes a long time ago which are used, but he's been gone for almost 10 years. I write with Jesse Tobias, the guitarist, and Boz Boorer the guitarist, and I'm very happy with it.

(question on writing music)

It's very difficult for me to describe, I'm just following an instinct I had from the beginning...I just sing the words I want to sing, I don't think about new periods and new things, I'm happy with how the things are, why make any drastic changes?

(on writing music)

The lyrics, the melodies that I hear from the music. I'm a non musician, I wait to hear new music that catches me. Usually I find that if I have a few words then I begin to sing them and I can match them to the music and it matches well. When I was a small child I was interested in vocal melody, I have vocal melody even if I don't have words, but it comes eventually.

(on remastered collections)

I like it, it was presented to me and I like it, and also Viva Hate was remastered and re released, Kill Uncle next month. It was remastered and re-released, and it's a very attractive package. I think it's good when releases are given attention.

(not sure what question he was asked)

It's just a perspective thing and maybe I just live in a cave, but I did go into Saks here and they were playing the Smiths and I thought it was extraordinary, you would never hear the Smiths in a British department store. Katy Perry yes, the Smiths no, Morrissey, no.

(on the Mexican festival cancellation)

I do feel it, immense sorrow missing the festival, hope to God I can make it up to people, I'm sitting here wondering how.

(on canceling)

I had to because of medical reasons, the hospital bills ate up money, we weren't insured to continue, I'm hoping to continue in June. I've been told there aren't that many places I can play (in Mexico), but I am told there are only 3 or 4 cities.

(on Smiths reunion rumors)

They persist all the time every year, constantly, I've had requests to reform. People forget I didn't break up the Smiths, so I don't know why they ask me. I would always say no because we're all different people now, it's been a very long time, we don't know each other, we're not friends, we were linked in the past, but we have no links now, it (reforming) doesn't really make sense to me. I'm very very happy with my musical life now, i have no pang for a musical reformation, if I'm so happy now, why would I want to play with strangers?

I think people become obsessed with things they don't have, every time groups reform it's insane news for 2 weeks and then it's ho hum, what's next? I don't think any reformation has ever been incredible. Can you think of one? (someone in room says "fake excitement" and Morrissey agrees). It's fake, I don't get it, when bands reform they go straight to stadiums and have merchandise. You always hear they reform and go straight for the money and straight for the big stadiums. When you first form a band the world isn't listening to you, but if you have people listening, it's not the same. The people think the person who made the music is still the same person but they're not. If you meet people like David Bowie, he doesn't really know, because he's not there, he's not the same person anymore. He's right, living in the now, but the person listening to the music thinks the person is in the same place but they're not.

I love his point on fake excitement. If anyone wonders why Johnny is a stranger to him, to promote his new album Johnny's clinging to the 80's Spirit (not the same as singing songs you wrote in the 80s) and opening for a reformed New Order. Johnny could easily sell out tiny venues and appeal to the indy market, but he's cashing in on people spending money for a memory. Morrissey is beyond that, doing his own new thing, not riding the coat tails of a dead era. Just my two cents.

Handthatrocks, you didn't put the part where he was talking about remasters and saying the Smiths package was dull.

3 albums worth of Boz and Jessie gems! If the best from those albums is what he played live on the BBC (and they really should be considering he is courting the majors), then I hope he never gets a record deal.

Here is another pic from the interview. The guy next to Moz is the interviewer kwown as Rulo.

image.jpg

Thanks Lynnda, I hope he does have someone looking after him. It just hurts me to see him not feeling well. I know he's gonna get better. If I could be there I would take such good care of him, he wouldnt know what hit him. :)

He needs a good neighbor who will run him over some sweet tea and biscuits (not cookies- Southern baking powder biscuits) and honey and home-made jam. A big, fat Italian lady who'll whip him up something with a LOT of garlic (I swear garlic is the cure-all) and he can throw the tea at me (What the $%@# is this crap?? This isn't tea!) and hit me with the biscuits and I'll say, "You're cured, now get on with it!"

Back
Top Bottom