Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Vegas - BrooklynVegan

UPDATE Jan. 29:

Joe sends the link:

Grapevine: Morrissey checks out of Royal Oak hospital - The Detroit News

Excerpt:

British singer Morrissey has been released from a Metro Detroit hospital and is expected to make a full recovery, his publicist said on Monday. According to publicist Lauren Papapietro, Morrissey checked himself into Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak on Friday. After undergoing tests, he was diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and subsequently rescheduled at least six shows, she said.

"Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time …," Papapietro said.

Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer
- BrooklynVegan

Excerpt:

Following hospital treatment, Morrissey has been diagnosed with a bleeding ulcer and the upcoming engagements in Asheville, NC, Nashville, TN, Atlanta, GA, Lawrence, KS, Clear Lake, IA and Lincoln, NE will need to be rescheduled. Morrissey is expected to make a full recovery and thanks everyone concerned for their support during this time. The tour will resume in Las Vegas on Saturday, February 9. Patrons are encouraged to hold on to their tickets as all rescheduled dates will be announced within the coming days.

Morrissey apologizes greatly for any and all inconvenience and looks forward to continuing his US tour.

UPDATE 5:55 PM PT:

MORRIZSEY posted the link:

Morrissey's health condition diagnosed in Metro Detroit hospital forces him to reschedule tour dates - MLive.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

Was hoping to catch him on the rebound at the "rescheduled" date at the Ryman. But looking at the Ryman's schedule for taping the Grand Ole Opry, it looks like it might not happen. Hope he gets better. Been a fan since 1985. First album was Meat Is Murder...still have it.

Re: Article: Morrissey actually has a bleeding ulcer; tour to resume Feb. 9 in Las Ve

let me state the obvious -- you have no idea what you're talking about. not even a little freaking bit.

let me tell you about kristine young. first of all, her parents, ray and noma are/were wonderful people. kristine's mother endured some very tragic circumstances as a child, including the death of her younger brother when he was hit by a car while playing outside at the age of 5 or 6 (i can't remember exactly). i'm not a shrink, but i can take a reasonable guess as to what led to noma's intense christianity and strict, overprotective parenting. i don't disagree that the youngs' lifestyle could be construed as oppressive, but what kristine fails to explain, or perhaps even take the time to understand herself, is why her mother was compelled to cloak herself and her family in the "safety" of religion. i'm an atheist, and even i get why it's sheltering to some.

kristine portrays her mother as some type of authoritarian tyrant, but the truth is noma absolutely recognized kristine's talent and made damn sure it was nurtured. kris was ALWAYS involved in the arts, even if it was church choir instead of show choir.

obviously, kristine is unhappy with the way she was raised and makes it clear in EVERY SINGLE INTERVIEW she gives. can you even begin to imagine how that must make her parents feel, midnite? i don't believe for a second they thought they did anything other than what was best for her. if you take a minute to think about it, is it usually selfish twats that become foster parents? do assholes nurture their kid's talents by getting them into an arts based school? does kristine ever address the real issue a lot of adopted kids have -- trying to overcome the knowledge that someone gave you away? do you ever hear her knock her birth parents?

kristine bitches about being misunderstood, but she certainly doesn't take the time to understand the woman who raised her. a woman who turned out an intelligent, talented, determined daughter. and yes, a self-centered and callous daughter as well.

you drone on about shit of which you have no clue, midnite. for chrissakes, get it together.

I assume what u have posted above 2 be mosty correct as u have stated kristeens real name as kristine and assume your correct about kristeens upbringing and adoption and about her parents tragic events ect specifiically the death of her mums brother at such a young age, I never knew about this!

But how on earth do you know how kristeen feels about her upbringing and her feelings 4 her adopted and birth parents ?
Unless you know her personally and shes told you personly I dont think you should be spreading online rumours about her!
Only kristeen knows how she feels not you nor I !!!!
And no I cant imagine how her real parents feel, only they will know, can you imagine how a child feels when they wonder why there parents "gave them away" ?

What I can say is that people mourn the passing of there parents in different ways , just because kristeen hasnt posted pictures and publically paid tribute 2 her dear mum on face book ect doesnt nessacerrily mean shes any less caring and sadened and hurt by her bereavment !
Im really glad kristeen recieved so many flowers from everyone at this time!

But What a parent may think is the best thing 4 a child may not nessacerrily be the best thing 4 the child dispite there best intentions, only the child will know whats best for them and as such theres nothing wrong in someone expressing there feelings or non expression of how they feel about there upbringing, in fact if anything it shows how nice and honest they are .
Religion is a personal thing, its not somthing that should be forced on somone.
Kristeen doesnt have 2 explian anything about her upbringing 2 you or me or 2 anyone !

I dont think you should be critisizing 2 me either in such a rude manner by saying im talking shit and that I havent a clue what Im on about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont need 2 "know" any "facts" about kristeen, my heart tells me everything I need 2 know!
And knew from the very first time seen her!
All I know is that shes recieved some really cruel comments on a online morrissey fan base forum, absoulty discusting and so ive said somthing about it!

Im refusing 2 "get it together" in someone elses way, I will "get it together" in my own way not anyone elses!

Kristeen young is an incredible creative talent, the likes of which no one has have never seen before, and produced some fantastic healing uplifting music and her magical stage presence has charmed the audiences all around the world live in concert , shes a wonderfully intense, caring and sensitive person, a bit eccentric but thats only because shes an artist!
The vast majority people think the world of kristeen and the public who appreacite and know there music, recoignize her wonderfull talent .

Im absoulty 100% loyal 2 kristeen young ! I will never 2 desert her, never!
Which may be a good or bad thing, who knows!

A single red rose 4 kristeen ! x :)

I don't know Kristeen or her family, and every word of what you just said may be true... However, she did not grow up in a vacuum. If they raised a child who learned to hate them after growing up in their house, it is their own fault. They did not raise her well. Often a family can appear to be a loving one from the outside but that facade is hiding all sorts of abuse - in this case I'd assume emotional. And it really doesn't matter why a parent chooses to raise their children in a strict religious household, it doesn't excuse that type of parenting. Strict Christian parenting ampunts to emotional and often physical abuse, and good intentions don't excuse it because children who are not compliant suffer greatly.

let me state the obvious -- you have no idea what you're talking about. not even a little freaking bit.

let me tell you about kristine young. first of all, her parents, ray and noma are/were wonderful people. kristine's mother endured some very tragic circumstances as a child, including the death of her younger brother when he was hit by a car while playing outside at the age of 5 or 6 (i can't remember exactly). i'm not a shrink, but i can take a reasonable guess as to what led to noma's intense christianity and strict, overprotective parenting. i don't disagree that the youngs' lifestyle could be construed as oppressive, but what kristine fails to explain, or perhaps even take the time to understand herself, is why her mother was compelled to cloak herself and her family in the "safety" of religion. i'm an atheist, and even i get why it's sheltering to some.

kristine portrays her mother as some type of authoritarian tyrant, but the truth is noma absolutely recognized kristine's talent and made damn sure it was nurtured. kris was ALWAYS involved in the arts, even if it was church choir instead of show choir.

obviously, kristine is unhappy with the way she was raised and makes it clear in EVERY SINGLE INTERVIEW she gives. can you even begin to imagine how that must make her parents feel, midnite? i don't believe for a second they thought they did anything other than what was best for her. if you take a minute to think about it, is it usually selfish twats that become foster parents? do assholes nurture their kid's talents by getting them into an arts based school? does kristine ever address the real issue a lot of adopted kids have -- trying to overcome the knowledge that someone gave you away? do you ever hear her knock her birth parents?

kristine bitches about being misunderstood, but she certainly doesn't take the time to understand the woman who raised her. a woman who turned out an intelligent, talented, determined daughter. and yes, a self-centered and callous daughter as well.

you drone on about shit of which you have no clue, midnite. for chrissakes, get it together.

I don't know Kristeen or her family, and every word of what you just said may be true... However, she did not grow up in a vacuum. If they raised a child who learned to hate them after growing up in their house, it is their own fault. They did not raise her well. Often a family can appear to be a loving one from the outside but that facade is hiding all sorts of abuse - in this case I'd assume emotional. And it really doesn't matter why a parent chooses to raise their children in a strict religious household, it doesn't excuse that type of parenting. Strict Christian parenting ampunts to emotional and often physical abuse, and good intentions don't excuse it because children who are not compliant suffer greatly.

there are two sides, if not more, to every story. i'm telling you what i know, you're telling me what you assume.

I assume what u have posted above 2 be mosty correct as u have stated kristeens real name as kristine and assume your correct about kristeens upbringing and adoption and about her parents tragic events ect specifiically the death of her mums brother at such a young age, I never knew about this!

But how on earth do you know how kristeen feels about her upbringing and her feelings 4 her adopted and birth parents ?
Unless you know her personally and shes told you personly I dont think you should be spreading online rumours about her!
Only kristeen knows how she feels not you nor I !!!!
And no I cant imagine how her real parents feel, only they will know, can you imagine how a child feels when they wonder why there parents "gave them away" ?

What I can say is that people mourn the passing of there parents in different ways , just because kristeen hasnt posted pictures and publically paid tribute 2 her dear mum on face book ect doesnt nessacerrily mean shes any less caring and sadened and hurt by her bereavment !
Im really glad kristeen recieved so many flowers from everyone at this time!

But What a parent may think is the best thing 4 a child may not nessacerrily be the best thing 4 the child dispite there best intentions, only the child will know whats best for them and as such theres nothing wrong in someone expressing there feelings or non expression of how they feel about there upbringing, in fact if anything it shows how nice and honest they are .
Religion is a personal thing, its not somthing that should be forced on somone.
Kristeen doesnt have 2 explian anything about her upbringing 2 you or me or 2 anyone !

I dont think you should be critisizing 2 me either in such a rude manner by saying im talking shit and that I havent a clue what Im on about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont need 2 "know" any "facts" about kristeen, my heart tells me everything I need 2 know!
And knew from the very first time seen her!
All I know is that shes recieved some really cruel comments on a online morrissey fan base forum, absoulty discusting and so ive said somthing about it!

Im refusing 2 "get it together" in someone elses way, I will "get it together" in my own way not anyone elses!

Kristeen young is an incredible creative talent, the likes of which no one has have never seen before, and produced some fantastic healing uplifting music and her magical stage presence has charmed the audiences all around the world live in concert , shes a wonderfully intense, caring and sensitive person, a bit eccentric but thats only because shes an artist!
The vast majority people think the world of kristeen and the public who appreacite and know there music, recoignize her wonderfull talent .

Im absoulty 100% loyal 2 kristeen young ! I will never 2 desert her, never!
Which may be a good or bad thing, who knows!

A single red rose 4 kristeen ! x :)

not surprisingly, you completely miss the point.

Deleting this!

not surprisingly, you completely miss the point.

Which is ?

Last edited:

Hope he's ok & Lawrence gets rescheduled. Haven't had the pleasure to see him since I saw the Smiths at the Greek many, many moons ago

Deleting this!

Which is ?
You're a blithering idiot who's starstruck in love with a wanna-be nobody.

you're a blithering idiot who's starstruck in love with a wanna-be nobody.

I have nothing 2 declare, except my genius !!!!!
:)

"....Phill Gatenby, formerly of Moston but who now lives in Boston..."

Did that make anyone else laugh out loud?

xxxxx

Attachments

• buddypnt.jpg
    buddypnt.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Ah Hah CG your habit of sticking out your tongue has allowed me to track down your true identity. You are busted.

Busted? I only post as CG here. This is my Kalicon for when I'm feeling snarky.---> :p :D

kali%20face%20lotus.jpg

xxxxx

Attachments

• buddypnt.jpg
    buddypnt.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

I've just heard on local BBC news at 11pm. that he's now cancelled more gigs; is this news?

How do you feel about the singer, Beck?

Beck?
Im not really samilar with his work, but every time I see lindsey1151 post about beck all the time, shes obvously a massive fan! I keep meaning 2 t-tube him 2 see what all the commotion is about!

But my opinion on beck is niether here nor there, its irrelevant! , it could be anything !
All that matters is your own opinion , and what he means 2 you!
Its just im very particular in my musical tastes , only morrissey, patti smith and the one and only kristeen young make me happy, :) I just cant help myself !
Well ok I mix things up a bit on rare occations and listen 2 "fresh friut for rotting vegtables" by the dead kenedys and "never mind the bollocks heres the sex pistols" by the sex pistols - obvioulsy! and a few others, but not many!

Midnite is a good person and a true fan of Kristeen Young and Morrissey.

Thanks 4 your kind words, but be carefull who u try and be-friend on the internet ect!
Sumtimes people are not all that they seem!
Well not according 2 the divorce courts were they tell the most discusting lies about you!!!!!!! :(
2 be a good divorse court advocate, the only real attribute one needs is 2 be a very good and convincing liar!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyways, topics gone slghtly off topic of late so...........
Back on topic!

I've just heard on local BBC news at 11pm. that he's now cancelled more gigs; is this news?

Dunno if this is new news or not, but Im starting 2 become slightly worried and concerned about morrissey now! In fact more than slightly! :(
Hes still in hospital and been ordered by the drs, 2 cancel even more concerts! Hopefully its just a precautinary measure, coz he has had quite a busy concert schedule

Yea me 2! Id like 2 see morrissey cancel all concert dates indefinitly, the lot! untill he fully recovers properly!
The concerts can still go ahead 2 aviod any disapoitment ect and Kristeen young can take the healm and allways take over as the main act 4 now !:)
And she can get a supoort act in, think patti smith wud be good 4 her if she was available !

But at least morrissey eats a non amimal/meat diet so obvioulsy must eat quite a lot of fresh fruit n veg, and this will allways stand him in good stead as far as stomach problems are concerened !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Get well soon morrissey, everyone is thinking of you!
Its nice of you 2 publically appoligize about any cancelled dates but theres really no need, everyone understands, it doesnt matter, just cancell the lot 4 now till your better again, all that matters is your health and that you get yourself well and better again please! :)

Ps and just 4 the record, think becks not 2 bad now ive had a little look on u-tube! I remeber the track "loser" great track and lyrics! :thumb:

Last edited:

Dunno if this is new news or not, but Im starting 2 become slightly worried and concerned about morrissey now! In fact more than slightly! :(
Hes still in hospital and been ordered by the drs, 2 cancel even more concerts! Hopefully its just a precautinary measure, coz he has had quite a busy concert schedule

[/COLOR]

Y'know, Midnite, I don't think he's in hospital because of an ulcer. i just think his eyes have gone wonky!

Tags
illness so on tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom