Johnny Marr last night in NYC for Ray- Ban party

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

Ugh......do these people do any research? Why a Gibson SG in the display? How about one of Johnny's model Jaguar....or a freaking Rickenbacker!?!?

Ugh......do these people do any research? Why a Gibson SG in the display? How about one of Johnny's model Jaguar....or a freaking Rickenbacker!?!?

He used an SG a few years ago but that looks like an Epiphone and I'm sure Johnny wouldn't lower himself to that.

I think the lazer matrix of guitar strings is supposed to be blowing your mind and distracting you from the details.

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I think here is the most appropriate place given that it's a Ray Ban thing...

For those of you not in south Manchester... the road tunnels he is stood in front of are at Manchester Airport (the runway goes over them). I guess that it is the same for the pedestrian subway at the start and finish as well.

I wonder if it is his bookshelf he is stood in front of... goes to examine the spines...

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny's money must be running low. I can't see any other reason why he wastes time creating/endorsing "trademark" items for these huge companies every couple of years, instead of just focusing on what he's best at i.e music.

Love this.
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but I think here is the most appropriate place given that it's a Ray Ban thing...

For those of you not in south Manchester... the road tunnels he is stood in front of are at Manchester Airport (the runway goes over them). I guess that it is the same for the pedestrian subway at the start and finish as well.

I wonder if it is his bookshelf he is stood in front of... goes to examine the spines...

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny's money must be running low. I can't see any other reason why he wastes time creating/endorsing "trademark" items for these huge companies every couple of years, instead of just focusing on what he's best at i.e music.

I thought it was lovely..... :)

Re: Johnny Marr designs Ray-Ban sunglasses

I may have to use my staff discount at sunglassesshop.com to get a pair of these. I love the Ray-Ban Signet anyway, but these I just have to have.

He seems to have escaped the ageing process almost entirely - he's incredibly lucky. He needs to stay away from the sunbeds/fake tanning though - that's what has aged Moz so drastically!

Nah Moz looks good - but it is true that Marr looks good too - anyone remember when he went fat had terrible hair and looked like death? It wasn't that long ago. Can someone find me a picture of fat Marr?

Re: Johnny Marr

Nah Moz looks good - but it is true that Marr looks good too - anyone remember when he went fat had terrible hair and looked like death? It wasn't that long
ago. Can someone find me a picture of fat Marr?

Eww, no need for revisiting nightmare. :rolleyes:

Nah Moz looks good - but it is true that Marr looks good too - anyone remember when he went fat had terrible hair and looked like death? It wasn't that long ago. Can someone find me a picture of fat Marr?

I just watched the Rome interview again, from around ROTT-time, and I'm surprised by how good Moz looks. Stronger, stockier - a man instead of a boy. Still, he has aged a lot more noticeably than Marr, and most of that seems due to sun damage. Marr gained a lot of weight when he quit smoking but I wouldn't say he's ever been fat. He had hideous, greasy curtain-hair in the late 90s/early 2000s, around the time he put the the first version of the Healers together. Here?

It didn't take him long to lose the weight, and thankfully he got a haircut. He looks better now than he's done in twenty years, in my opinion.

i think it must around this time 2004ish - read this

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/16905-Johnny-Marr-review-and-a-picture

a thread about a Marr (Healers) live gig in 2004 (but the picture is removed now) quotes include:
"He looks like a bloated Paul Young!"
"He looked like a fat gypsy and the music was awful. I cried all the way home "
"He does look a little paunchy I must admit"
"the chins are accumulating"
"johnny has a bit of junk in his trunk "

i think it must around this time 2004ish - read this

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/16905-Johnny-Marr-review-and-a-picture

a thread about a Marr (Healers) live gig in 2004 (but the picture is removed now) quotes include:
"He looks like a bloated Paul Young!"
"He looked like a fat gypsy and the music was awful. I cried all the way home "
"He does look a little paunchy I must admit"
"the chins are accumulating"
"johnny has a bit of junk in his trunk "

That's a bit harsh. It's strange though - Moz looks much, much better with a bit of weight on, and because he's small Johnny looks better when he's skinny. He looked positively edible at the Healers gig I went to in October..

Back
Top Bottom