Moz happy with Mexico ticket sales

Would he give us a verbal spanking via TTY if the tickets sold slowly?

What? :squiffy:

When the tickets sell fast and sell well, he always thanks us - I was saying, would he berate us if they didn't sell!? :p

No I get it, I was whatting the nature of the statement. It has a very "fat man on the hill" quality to it. All these TTY posts do. Things to be pleased about might be the sound quality of the Smiths Compelation or bull fighting being outlawed in Spain, but ticket sales? It comes off as so dickish and the Morrissey on stage and the Morrissey in interviews isn't that kind of dick. I get that what he's saying is that he's touched the Mexicans want to see him and are buying the tickets fast, but the root of the transaction involves an exchange of money that when lauded in the third person reads awkward.

The voice of TTY needs to be canned. He'd be better to have a blog where he mutters in person low key blurbs from the heart. Ditch all this filtered pretense.

Last edited:
Okay. I've gotten out of bed and had some orange juice and thought about it and now I feel like Super Mega Bitch. The message in itself is totally fine, I just read too much into it after having busted my ass all night serving a swanky party. I read the bone that Morrissey rarely throws us in a context of being literally exhausted and half asleep and having contempt for rich people. :p It just seems like the last few days have been "Johnny's so cool!" and "If only Johnny and Morrissey..." and "Johnny touched my forehead blah so magical blah" that it seemed weird to read about ticket sales. I know you guys don't agree with me about Morrissey reading cosmic vibes or whatever, but any message from him shows that he's doing that which comforts me, he's not ust living high on the hog or whatever. He's doing something. It's not his fault he's stuck with an outmoded source (TTY) to communicate that message. I failed to take that context into consideration.

I should just stop thinking and typing and go back to bed. :D "Morrissey is delighted that you are going to shut the hell up..."

It just seems like the last few days have been "Johnny's so cool!" and "If only Johnny and Morrissey..." and "Johnny touched my forehead blah so magical blah" that it seemed weird to read about ticket sales.

Why did the Johnny stuff make it seem weird to read about ticket sales? Because ticket sales are trivial?

Why did the Johnny stuff make it seem weird to read about ticket sales? Because ticket sales are trivial?

I guess. But if the statement on TTY were "Morrissey had a bagel for breakfast this morning and it was delicious." I suppose that would be trivial too, but way more interesting.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom