Collection for Sale

Craig

Hi All,

I was a rabid collector and a Morrissey freak in the 90s but it's time for me to pass my collection on. I'm willing to work a deal if you want multiple items. I'm in the US but can ship anywhere. I know this list is hard to read, but if you send me your email, I can send an Excel copy of the list or photos of any of the items. Thanks for looking!

Craig

[EDIT: I erased my original copy/paste list and have attached a more current list in my Nov. 15th post at the bottom of this thread: ListDoc2. Thanks!!!]

Last edited:
If each piece was sold separately for the asking price, the total would come to about $7000 USD...but I would consider a healthy discount if someone seriously wanted to buy the whole collection.

-Craig

If each piece was sold separately for the asking price, the total would come to about $7000 USD...but I would consider a healthy discount if someone seriously wanted to buy the whole collection.

-Craig

No disrespect...but, if you honestly believe, in THIS economy, that you'd get anything close to that $7,000 figure? you're completely delusional. Maybe(and thats a HUGE maybe) @ one time? I might've agreed. Problem now is...ALOT/MOST of that stuff is pretty easily obtainable, in tons of record stores throughout the world, atleast MOST of the common stuff is. I go to Amoeba Records in Hollyweird, on a regular basis, they've dropped their prices on ALOT of Morrissey/Smiths stuff, b/c no on's buying that stuff right now, why? poor economy.

Good luck to you, and I hope you get the prices you seek. Just a bit of a reality check for you though: expect to take a loss on alot of it.

Hey Biggoof,

I hear you. I sell pieces here and there, sometimes I get what I ask, sometimes less. But there are 250 items on the list and even if each one was only worth $10, that's $2500. Of course, many of the pieces are worth more than $10. So, in a seller's market I think the collection's worth $6K-7K (or at least that would be the value for "insurance purposes" as they say on Antiques Roadshow) but I realize no one's going to buy all the pieces at one time for my asking price. So I'm content to sell bits at a time and hope that I get a fair price and that I make some other fan as happy with their purchase as I was when I bought these records in the first place.

Thanks,

Craig

I bought a few items from Craig a few months ago. He's a really honest guy and tries to let you know any issue with condition on any item, etc. He and I went back and forth until we came up with prices that we both were ok with. Very reliable and trustworthy just in case anyone had any worry over this. Having said this, I do agree that the $7,000 figure is very high. I did a quick estimate in my head item by item and came up with several thousand less than that, and I was being generous with some of the prices I came up with. But it doesn't hurt to contact the guy and see if he'll work with you. Just my two cents as someone who has dealt with him. I don't know him personally or have any stake in him selling his stuff or anything.

$2500 + shipping. Don't care much for the CDs, have most of them. PM me if you want to talk.

I bought a few items from Craig a few months ago. He's a really honest guy and tries to let you know any issue with condition on any item, etc. He and I went back and forth until we came up with prices that we both were ok with. Very reliable and trustworthy just in case anyone had any worry over this. Having said this, I do agree that the $7,000 figure is very high. I did a quick estimate in my head item by item and came up with several thousand less than that, and I was being generous with some of the prices I came up with. But it doesn't hurt to contact the guy and see if he'll work with you. Just my two cents as someone who has dealt with him. I don't know him personally or have any stake in him selling his stuff or anything.

He seems like a very good guy, just trying to let him know that no one's really buying alot of high sollar stuff right now, and in THIS economy, expect that to continue. Not many folks have $5-$7K laying around, they can spend on music. It's a great collection, just trying to say dont expect to get close to your asking price9s) on alot of it. Again, no disrespect. Just see tons of mosuci not being bought right now, regardless of artist. most folks want it on the cheap, as thats all they an afford, and wont open their wallets/purse strings, to purchase expensive items. I wish him well.

I agree 100% with everything you said. I was just letting people know he's trustworthy to buy from. But also agreed that the asking price was way high as you had already said.

He seems like a very good guy, just trying to let him know that no one's really buying alot of high sollar stuff right now, and in THIS economy, expect that to continue. Not many folks have $5-$7K laying around, they can spend on music. It's a great collection, just trying to say dont expect to get close to your asking price9s) on alot of it. Again, no disrespect. Just see tons of mosuci not being bought right now, regardless of artist. most folks want it on the cheap, as thats all they an afford, and wont open their wallets/purse strings, to purchase expensive items. I wish him well.

Hi All,

Bumpin' my original post. I've attached a Word Doc with my current list (including asking prices). I'm willing to discuss or negotiate the price, shipping etc. Just let me know if you're interested in something and we'll work something out. I'm selling each piece individually but if any Donald Trump-style Mozophiles are out there who want to buy bulk, the whole deal is for sale too (though I've found that shipping 80 pounds of vinyl angst is a bit pricy outside the US). Anyway, my wife and I would like to take a vacation next year and I'm willing to sell, so now's your chance.

Let me know.

Love Always,

Craig

P.S. I'm a noob, so if the .doc didn't attach or you want me to email it to you, PM me with your email address.

View attachment 12411

I bought some things from Craig back in Sept when he first published his list - I was very happy with the whole process - communications were good, items arrived well packaged and all were in really good condition.

I'd be happy to deal with him again.

Dave

Re: Collection for Sale (Prices Reduced)

View attachment 12416

Hi All,

I've attached a new list which includes brief descriptions of the more unique items as well as LOWER PRICES!

Thanks,

Craig

Last edited:
I bought some things from Craig back in Sept when he first published his list - I was very happy with the whole process - communications were good, items arrived well packaged and all were in really good condition.

I'd be happy to deal with him again.

Dave

I echo these sentiments wholeheartedly, regarding my recent trade/dealings with Craig. Many thanks!

Updated List!!! Tons Still Available!!!

View attachment 12697

Thanks everyone for your interest. I've attached an updated list. I'd rather not put stuff on eBay so if anyone is interested in any items, please PM me. I still have Morrissey Shot, Peepholism, NY Dolls and James Dean Is Not Dead in addition to all the CDs and vinyl etc. I will likely add posters to the list as soon as I can go through them (all from the 90s - both Morrissey and Smiths).

Thanks!

Craig

Updated List

View attachment 14247

[Edited Sept. 4 2012]

Hi Everybody!

I've attached an updated list of the items I still have for sale. If you have any questions, please PM me. Again, I'm in the U.S. but I can ship worldwide and the prices are negotiable.

I also have some postcards, more books, some VHS tapes and some posters that are not on the list.

Thanks for looking.

Please PM me if interested in anything!

Craig

Last edited:
Re: Updated List

I updated my list of available items and am willing to negotiate on price. Please let me know what pieces you're interested in and I will give you a deal.

Thanks!!

Craig

Back
Top Bottom