Rarest Smiths vinyl and CD bootleg?

What bootleg is the rarest with The Smiths on Cd and Vinyl?
Anyone who knows?

CD probably factory press "Thank Your Lucky Stars" Vinyl, I forget the name, it is a Smiths double LP boot with mulit color vinyl.

I seem to recall a conversation with perhaps Jeff Pelletier 1,000,000 years ago that the "Headmasters" lp was the hardest one for him to find. It previously was my understanding that "A Nice Bit Of Meat 2" was the most difficult.

Beau,
Your right it seems like a 1,000,000 years ago that we talked about Smiths bootleg lps !
"Headmasters" lp was the hardest for me to find then A Nice Bit of Meat 2 and 3.

Jeff

The factory press for TYLS always goes for high prices. It sounds good, it is a good show, and Moz really yells at the bouncers and says"Don't Be So Stupid" during "I Know It's Over" really good show. The electric ballroom LP was the vinyl I was think about.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Smiths-Live-E...30588802077?pt=UK_Records&hash=item35b029e41d

68GBP

Take care
Roky

I really dont know why people pay so much for a bootleg cd with The Smiths.
Most often there is a terribly sound also.
But as a hardcore collector...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Smiths-Morrisse...ultDomain_0&hash=item4157717753#ht_881wt_1139

I dont know if it is really so rare?
I have seen others for higher prices.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
new member here. Question: I hear tell of a 12" single of Sweet and Tender Hooligan. Is this true? official or boot? etc...

It's official.

According to Passions:
Reprise (the Smiths' label in the USA) thought it wiser to release a single of rarities to accompany the "Singles" album, instead of re-releasing "Ask" like WEA did in Europe. All the tracks on "Ask" were easily found on albums, making it less appealing than this collection of b-sides previously unreleased in the USA.

See more details here: Sweet and Tender Hoooligan

I seem to recall a conversation with perhaps Jeff Pelletier 1,000,000 years ago that the "Headmasters" lp was the hardest one for him to find. It previously was my understanding that "A Nice Bit Of Meat 2" was the most difficult.
Dammit! I could have had a friend pick up "Headmasters" for me but passed.

Nice bit of meat for sale if anyone is interested?

Back
Top Bottom