Morrissey spotted at Squarehead / Spies concert in Dublin

Update 7:50am PT 2/25/2011:

Link/photo posted in the forum thread by Silke:

Morrissey & Squarehead - deadl.ie

Here we are then:

m.s.2.jpg

[SUB]Moz & Squarehead. (enlarge)[/SUB]​

Shat myself as I approached for this picture. Y’know, I didn’t wanna be bollocked by him, or worse made feel a spa by himself for asking.

Anyway, I’ve attracted a load of Morrissey blog people to the site as a result of the picture being on the Richter Collective Blog, so if you are one of those lovely people, I must mention that this is Morrissey’s favourite North-Dublin based photo-blog comprised heavily of live-music images and occasional portraits.

True story.

…Sad though that as everyone was talking about how much of a genius he was, all I could think about was that Russell Brand named his cat after him.​

Update 8:00am PT 2/25/2011:

Also: link posted in the forum thread by sweetness522:

Morrissey rocks out to Squarehead - Hotpress

As I type Morrissey is walking through Dublin city centre and being stalked by people on twitter... He is in town to see Spies at The Workman's Club...

Here is a picture, via twitter...

http://twitpic.com/43d3vr

Morrissey left after one song. Croupier supported.

morrissey_dublin.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He left after one song? Ouch. he normally takes in a bit more than that.

(Also, how shite are these Captcha image verifications? I had to reload at least 10 time suntil i could make one out. Worst part of this site's mechanics).

No, I'm not in the photo. They look a lot younger than me! My last Dublin trip (weekend before last) was cancelled, thanks to Ryanair altering my flights. As posted, he only stayed for one song, opting to return to the bar in the Clarence Hotel instead.

I was at home watching the football, with one eye on twitter.

Thanks Brel. LyingAir's as bad as AerFungus! Hotpress single out Morrissey's presence at the gig for mention too - http://www.hotpress.com/Morrissey/news/Morrissey-rocks-out-to-Squarehead/7535750.html

Charlie Chaplin's grandson, James Thierry, was a treat at the Abbey theatre in Dublin city this evening - http://infinitebody.blogspot.com/2010/11/visit-with-raoul.html - and although The Frames singer, Glen Hansard was spotted, no sign of Moz! Even before I knew his feet touched Irish soil again, I had a little extra unexplained high. :thumb: If an interviewer could nab him to wring some comments from him about the state of the emerald isle, before he goes back, we'd be really interested. Nice that he's about, in business, wherever. :guitar: :)

"We won't vote Conservative, because we never have" - http://www.muzu.tv/morrissey/glamorous-glue-music-video/478441

Morrissey doesn't vote anywhere. So it's irelivance wether he has one or not, i don't think he does have a Irish passport.

Last edited:
Morrissey doesn't vote anywhere. So it's irelivance wether he has one or not, i don't think he does have a Irish passport.

A thought that was in my head as I typed my response. However I don't think that it was a pertinent question in the first place, just a timely point? On the passport point, he is entitled to hold both a British and Irish passport, and many of us do. :)

It was crazy seeing him there, he showed up around half nine and saw the whole squarehead set which was great although there wasnt a lot of people around at that stage who had noticed him , he caught the first few spies tunes but when they went on there were a load of people hassling him I think he got annoyed and left which sucks for the band.
He is staying at the clarence so if you hang around there you might catch him. I saw him outside tower as well at one point yesterday having a bop to whatever tune they were playing

. . . and using starstruck eager fans like yourself to give a washed up old has been much needed publicity. Wise up to a man who has loved himself and fame.

My old acquaintance had returned to town and so I suggested we shared tea & raspberry roulade in the tastefully appointed Irish Film Centre -which we did, this evening.
He joked about many things - as usual - one of which was how he will now never ever now buy another Lexus...

"I'd rather be sexless than buy a Lexus", he said
"No comment", I said.

Nothing much tickled his fancy in the film shop there however, despite its well judged selection, though he did pensively thumb through a book on David Lynch..
He then went off to locate some music by some guy called Robert Wyatt, saying his piece on Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others in the latest Mojo was more worthy than all the books ever written about him...combined..

My old acquaintance had returned to town and so I suggested we shared tea & raspberry roulade in the tastefully appointed Irish Film Centre -which we did, this evening.
He joked about many things - as usual - one of which was how he will now never ever now buy another Lexus...

"No comment", I said.

Nothing much tickled his fancy in the film shop there however, despite its well judged selection, though he did pensively thumb through a book on David Lynch..
He then went off to locate some music by some guy called Robert Wyatt, saying his piece on Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others in the latest Mojo was more worthy than all the books ever written about him...combined..

Yes, I heard that Morrissey was at the Irish Film Institute today. I like the Lexus comment :thumb:

How old is the red-haired boy in the back? He's hella cute, but he looks 12.

My thoughts too. I think he looks more 15-18 though. He reminds me of Kevin Haskins, the drummer from Bauhaus and Love and Rockets.

The ironic thing is Morrissey has the squarest head of them all!! :D And its a lovely head might I add x

Wow, that second picture of Morrissey with my friends and I is from my Twitter post. I had no idea it would end up on a Morrissey forum, small world.

"No comment", I said.

It's funny because I read Wyatt's take on "Some Girls Are Bigger..." and thought it was simplistic. I love the song, mainly because of the guitar sound and the overall feel of it, but also because the lyrics are so suggestive--it feels like there are worlds of subtext beneath the surface. Wyatt's take, though, is so straightforward: he basically argues that the song is about a young boy who realizes that female humans come in different sizes. Huh. I always thought it was about a lot more than that! But I guess if his interpretation is officially endorsed....

Thanks for humoring me. I like your site.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom