Morrissey Central "100th ANNIVERSARY OF HMV" (July 14, 2021)

• Thread starter Deleted member 28602
  • Start date

100th ANNIVERSARY OF HMV​

July 14, 2021
Screenshot_20210713-181622_Gallery_jcsdio.jpg

Celebrating 100 years of HMV, Morrissey's "Bona Drag" is number 5 in a list of special re-issues.
This limited edition comes in teal coloured vinyl, and includes a poster. There are two discs, plus photographs taken 30 years ago by Linder Sterling in Hoxton Square in London, and also a famous shot of Morrissey taken by Margaret Sison at Hollywood High School on Sunset Boulevard from the same period.
The album includes 7 UK hit singles, plus 6 tracks only recently available.

"You need courage to put your life into song … and in Bona Drag … there is my life."

-Morrissey, 2021.

The new "Bona Drag" is available on July 24.

Related item:
Media item:

L

Lujissey.

Moz please share with us some theme of Bonfire.Oh Moz I think it's time,. I can't wait eh
VAMOZ!!!!!!!

A

Anonymous

(y)

NO 5 INCREDIBLE SALES RECORD
BY MOZ!
All top Moz fans/collectors have this item
on the way!

:hammer:
Are you mental :crazy: or is it your normal state o_O or are you illiterate? :squiffy: :unsure:
HMV makes a list of multiple album reissues for their 100th anniversary and Bona Drag is 5th on the list of this reissues and not "No.5 incredible sales record". doh:
Stop spreading fake news! :poop:
Do humanity a favor, go throw yourself in the sea... 🌊 :fish:

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
You know what would make me excited? Seeing a legit rip of that Your Arsenal “for your consideration” bonus CD with the full, extended version of There Speaks A True Friend. This still hasn’t turned up anywhere. I love that song so much. @Famous when dead - do you have that photo of said disc archived anywhere? I remember seeing it in the downloads section years ago.
The Rhino reference disc?

15apn4.jpg

(Luckily Irregular Regular saved the Ebay image - this is the only image of it kicking around).
Yes, There Speaks... remains the only one not shared from this - one day hopefully.
Regards,
FWD.

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Are you mental :crazy: or is it your normal state o_O or are you illiterate? :squiffy: :unsure:
HMV makes a list of multiple album reissues for their 100th anniversary and Bona Drag is 5th on the list of this reissues and not "No.5 incredible sales record". doh:
Do humanity a favor, go throw yourself in the sea... 🌊 :fish:

Central's information isn't correct to begin with.

FWD.

Carlisle baz

Cock of the north

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
NME: Morrissey announces special reissue of ‘Bona Drag’

Really dislike warped information.
So, for those in the future reading this:
HMV announced the record's use for their event on June 17.
This site carried the story on June 17.
Central made a post on June 26 (where they failed to mention 750 copies only - so not a true re-issue) and then again on July 14 (with nonsense about being number 5 - which is factually incorrect as they didn't bother reading the prior HMV article).
So no, Morrissey isn't 'announcing' anything, HMV did so a month ago.
The above isn't some form of cathartic rant, it's designed for people who actually are using search tools, look at articles for misinformation & the such.
Let's not forget the last HMV product (Vauxhall & I) wasn't even mentioned by Central until 17 days after it was announced and then sold - managing only a comment on its charting.
Petty, but accurate,
FWD.

Ryan

Tempus Fugit
Subscriber
The Rhino reference disc?

View attachment 74207

(Luckily Irregular Regular saved the Ebay image - this is the only image of it kicking around).
Yes, There Speaks... remains the only one not shared from this - one day hopefully.
Regards,
FWD.

Hmmmm… why do I keep thinking of it as “extended version”? If it’s an alternate version as listed there that makes it even more exciting! Surely someone must have it sitting on a hard drive somewhere? Oh the frustration.

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Hmmmm… why do I keep thinking of it as “extended version”? If it’s an alternate version as listed there that makes it even more exciting! Surely someone must have it sitting on a hard drive somewhere? Oh the frustration.
I don't think you're wrong.
I was under the impression that this was the version without the abrupt ending - asserted to be about 59 seconds longer IIRC.
Regards,
FWD.

V

Vegan Cro Spirit 555

Are you mental :crazy: or is it your normal state o_O or are you illiterate? :squiffy:
Do humanity a favor, go throw yourself in the sea... 🌊
:rolleyes:

NOT AN IOTA OF TROLL SENSE
do you need a reading lesson FFS?
ITS SOLD OUT BEFORE EVEN
GOING ON SALE!! ALL UNITS
OF THE ITEMS HAVE SOLD
why do you think its 5 on the HMV list?:lbf:

northernleech

NOT AN IOTA OF TROLL SENSE
do you need a reading lesson FFS?
ITS SOLD OUT BEFORE EVEN
GOING ON SALE!! ALL UNITS
OF THE ITEMS HAVE SOLD
why do you think its 5 on the HMV list?:lbf:
It has not sold out as there are no preorders being taken ( i work for hmv in newcastle ) its first come , first served on the morning at all stores , only 1 per person . They have kept some back i believe for the website but they dont go live until 4pm on the day.
I cannot say how many we are getting at our store but its not a great deal and we are one of the biggest stores so smaller stores will get less. If u r after one then best bet is to head down pre opening and Q

Carlisle baz

Cock of the north
HEY DUMBO....🎓

IT HAS NOT SOLD OUT 💰

AND NO PRE ORDERS TAKEN 🧱

How many more times to you need to be 4king told 🛎

Stick to collecting Hog shit
For fire fuel...

And Quit thinking your a
NME journo 🚧🚧🚧

NealCassidy

FREE SPEECH #FBPB
Another Top 10 charting (#5) sold out special edition re-issue, by the sound of it!!!

V

Vegan Cro Spirit 555

It has not sold out as there are no preorders being taken ( i work for hmv in newcastle ) its first come , first served on the morning at all stores , only 1 per person . They have kept some back i believe for the website but they dont go live until 4pm on the day.
I cannot say how many we are getting at our store but its not a great deal and we are one of the biggest stores so smaller stores will get less. If u r after one then best bet is to head down pre opening and Q
O SO there are NO PREORDERS its first come first serve only 1 per person BUT:lbf:
"I BELIEVE" > BELIEF=FAITH NOT
FACT(n)
some have been "kept back" for 'qoute unquote'>THE SO CALLED WEBSITE:)
Peeps please interpret above.;)
all TRUE MOZ SUPER FAN/COLLECTOR
ARE SECURE IN THEIR COPIES:)

NO COPIES WILL BE DISTRIBUTED TO SAD SACK TROLL FANS.(n)

V

Vegan Cro Spirit .777

please observe and read:handpointdown:
Green vinyl
BonaDrag 2021 Authentic Cred Collector Fane Edition?
what about it you say?
SOLD OUT!:lbf:
not on sale you but?????
SOLD OUT(y)

65385_fc226d21b8d5571feb6dff9de1d50e2c.jpeg

marred

Nice to hear Morrissey speak of Bona Drag fondly, rather than damning those early years as being hard to think about.

NealCassidy

FREE SPEECH #FBPB
Re-issue, re-package, constantly quote Paint A Vulgar Picture, the usual deal.
repackaging of that quote is worse than the reissues

Trending Threads

Top Bottom