100k dead in Myanmar cyclone aftermath, yet nobody's talking about it here?

well this is a finicky group. If its not about the ANIMALS of myanmar then forget about it. Humans are wastes of space.

Weren't we having trouble with Myanmar? I vaguely remember that country being a problem somehow... or maybe it had its own problem...

Weren't we having trouble with Myanmar? I vaguely remember that country being a problem somehow... or maybe it had its own problem...

Yeah, they violently suppressed an uprising a few months ago, and the goverment was very quick to respond to that.

Maybe the world doesn't care as much about Myanmar as it did about Indonesia, because the world in general just doesn't care as much about Africa in general.*

* that's a joke, folks.

see i'll be honest, i thought it was one of the islands over near the phillippines... myanmar isnt on my "100 places to visit before I die" list.

Myanmar is so uncool. It's right there with China and North Korea. It concerns us not.
bal_fyi.gif

see i'll be honest, i thought it was one of the islands over near the phillippines... myanmar isnt on my "100 places to visit before I die" list.

Myanmar is the country formerly known as Burma. Since African countries are the one one's that constantly change their names, it's understandable how the confusion can be made.

Tokyo just had a 6.8 earthquake so I'm sure since we like the Japanese better, they will be getting more sympathy.

well this is a finicky group. If its not about the ANIMALS of myanmar then forget about it. Humans are wastes of space.

Yeah I don't see an uproar of support and people calling for immediate aid quite yet. That is only for seals. And the government of Myanmar (formerly called Burma) recently cracked down on protesting Buddhists with force. Some people were shot.

Yeah I don't see an uproar of support and people calling for immediate aid quite yet. That is only for seals. And the government of Myanmar (formerly called Burma) recently cracked down on protesting Buddhists with force. Some people were shot.

See! Why would anyone call for immediate aid? Or any kind of aid? It's almost like giving nuclear technology to Iran!

See! Why would anyone call for immediate aid? Or any kind of aid? It's almost like giving nuclear technology to Iran!

But we need to think in the short term. The people there will be more disappointed in us if we don't try and get aid to the people. We can deal with the shitty government later.

Tags
animal rights catastrophe clean up aisle three epic fail galaga rocks natural disaster totalitarianism
Back
Top Bottom