100k dead in Myanmar cyclone aftermath, yet nobody's talking about it here?

If it wasn't your Sid Vicious avatar, I would take things you say a lot more seriously.

Whats' wrong with it? Just showing my love as a Sex Pistols SUPERFAN.

Whats' wrong with it? Just showing my love as a Sex Pistols SUPERFAN.

Nothing wrong with it.

It's just many times I actually respect your opinion, and then the whole Sid thing throws me off.

The Sex Pistols were and are a much better group without him.

Nothing wrong with it.

It's just many times I actually respect your opinion,

Why, thank you. :D

and then the whole Sid thing throws me off.
The Sex Pistols were and are a much better group without him.

Sacking Glen Matlock was a bad idea. He wrote a lot of material and he was technically proficient. However.... The Sex pistols were never big on technical proficiency anyways, and Sid had STYLE in spades, he was the James Dean of punk rock. Like I was saying, I'm a Pistols SUPERFAN, I love 'em warts 'n all (Although "Bodies" is a bit tough, even though I am pro-choice.), Sid is part of that, thus I dig Sid. Besides he really is kinda like James Dean, iconic, handsome, troubled, doomed. A beautiful disaster. I would f***ing KILL for his haircut.

Why, thank you. :D

Sacking Glen Matlock was a bad idea. He wrote a lot of material and he was technically proficient. However.... The Sex pistols were never big on technical proficiency anyways, and Sid had STYLE in spades, he was the James Dean of punk rock. Like I was saying, I'm a Pistols SUPERFAN, I love 'em warts 'n all (Although "Bodies" is a bit tough, even though I am pro-choice.), Sid is part of that, thus I dig Sid. Besides he really is kinda like James Dean, iconic, handsome, troubled, doomed. A beautiful disaster. I would f***ing KILL for his haircut.

Sid was an icon, but he was not a musician. Actually, just about everything McClaren advised them on was a bad idea. He was a control freak and did the same thing to Bow Wow Wow.

Sid was an icon, but he was not a musician. Actually, just about everything McClaren advised them on was a bad idea. He was a control freak and did the same thing to Bow Wow Wow.

I agree Sid was no randy Rhoades, but if you haven't you should listen to him sing "Something Else", really f***ing good. Not to mention the classic "My Way" cover, which, incidentally, Paul Anka said was his favorite. (Better than Frank's.)

Malcolm is probably one of the WORST managers in rock history, although somehow he has managed to get his hands on some pretty awesome bands. Just one of those people who sorta fail upwards, kinda like the president. He started with the New York Dolls which were already collapsing due to interpersonal tensions and heroin, Malcolm hastened they're implosion by attempting to revamp the band as communist agitators. THEN he swindled the Pistols out of a lot of money, lawsuits, yadda yadda.. He managed Adam & the Ants for about five minutes, then when Adam defied him he took the band and left Adam twisting in the wind. The band were completed with the teenage Anabella Sciorra to form Bow Wow Wow and had a couple hits before imploding, Adam had the last laugh because his new band (W/ Marco pirroni formerly of the Banshees) were drastically more successful than Bow Wow Wow. After that he started to fancy himself a musician and experimented with Hip Hop and various other musical styles including jazz, Opera, and techno. f***ing awful.

I agree Sid was no randy Rhoades, but if you haven't you should listen to him sing "Something Else", really f***ing good. Not to mention the classic "My Way" cover, which, incidentally, Paul Anka said was his favorite. (Better than Frank's.)

Malcolm is probably one of the WORST managers in rock history, although somehow he has managed to get his hands on some pretty awesome bands. Just one of those people who sorta fail upwards, kinda like the president. He started with the New York Dolls which were already collapsing due to interpersonal tensions and heroin, Malcolm hastened they're implosion by attempting to revamp the band as communist agitators. THEN he swindled the Pistols out of a lot of money, lawsuits, yadda yadda.. He managed Adam & the Ants for about five minutes, then when Adam defied him he took the band and left Adam twisting in the wind. The band were completed with the teenage Anabella Sciorra to form Bow Wow Wow and had a couple hits before imploding, Adam had the last laugh because his new band (W/ Marco pirroni formerly of the Banshees) were drastically more successful than Bow Wow Wow. After that he started to fancy himself a musician and experimented with Hip Hop and various other musical styles including jazz, Opera, and techno. f***ing awful.

Sid was a genius as an entertainer. He couldn't play a note, but he sure knew how to put on a show. Love listening to his covers, I've always wondered if the scene in Sid & Nancy where Johnny is watching one of his solo shows and walks out was for real. Speaking of Johnny, he was on Judge Judy a few years back, I burnt it onto a DVD a while ago. He was in classic form.

Boz played on Adam's 1993 Wonderful album, which wasn't bad (if you don't compare it to his early years). I own Room At The Top, and if I recall, that's the only listenable track on that album. Bow Wow Wow was a gimmick, but they did find a bit of integrity after they gave Malcolm the boot. Unfortunately for them, it was too late.

If you liked him on Judge Judy (It WAS funny.), check out his interview on the Tomorrow show, you can find it on youtube. I just wish they'd kept rolling between commercials, apparently Snyder was so pissed he flipped out and started yelling an cursing at John, who only became more antagonistic. He's great in interviews.

Re: Cyclone

So you're back Jeff, did you change your mind about Morrissey? Or do you like posting on forums dedicated to people you hate?

Tags
animal rights catastrophe clean up aisle three epic fail galaga rocks natural disaster totalitarianism
Back
Top Bottom