10 reasons Morrissey actually does not suck - Death and Taxes

10 reasons Morrissey actually does not suck - Death and Taxes
By Doug Bleggi

Mike Joyce responded to the article on his Facebook page:

...Hi Doug, Just need to clear up any confusion on the matter as it seems there clearly is. Morrissey & Marr received 50% each of publishing royalties, and rightly so, because they wrote the songs. Myself and Andy Rourke received 10% of record sales. Morrissey & Marr received 40% each of record sales. There never was a contract, signed or not dictating what the share should be.

The article is a response to the previous article:
10 reasons Morrissey sucks - Death and Taxes
By Ned Hepburn

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as Morrissey and the Ramones go, Let's not forget that they are included in the Under The Influence compilation along with a well written and respectful commentary regarding the choice. Sure his 1976 review is poor (imo), but I'd definitely say that the UTI Comp is a redemption.

Why would Mike Joyce be reading "10 Reasons Morrissey actually does not suck" in the first place? :crazy:

Joyce doesn't confirm whether he since 2001 collected the entire Smiths' recording royalties, as Morrissey claimed. If he has then his comment is disingenuous at best.

Why would Mike Joyce be reading "10 Reasons Morrissey actually does not suck" in the first place? :crazy:

Hahaha, I thought the same!
Crazy to see Joyce randomly post on an article like that.
Nonetheless, great to see he cleared out his view on the incident.

I'd assume he has a Google alert set up for himself like Kim Kardashian and every other worthless excuse.

I'd assume he has a Google alert set up for himself like Kim Kardashian and every other worthless excuse.
I would have thought Andy Rourke has a "Google alert" set up for himself as well. So he can read about himself all the time and keep up-to-date with the news about himself in a narcissistic way. No doubt he is on Twitter as well.

Morrissey Calls Mike Joyce "Wretched" - Edinburgh 2.2.08:

Last edited:
I would of thought Andy Rourke has a Google alert set up for himself as well. So he can read about himself all the time, keep up to date with the news about himself. No doubt he is on Twitter as well.

it's "would have" or "would've", not would of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean that Mike Joyce fancied Morrissey? I don't understand this. Morrissey doesn't like Joyce.

Does this mean that Mike Joyce fancied Morrissey? I don't understand this. Morrissey doesn't like Joyce.
This was no lovers' tiff. Mike Joyce didn't want Morrissey for his body or his mind but for his money. Mike Joyce maybe bisexual who knows but this issue is about money. Mike Joyce also nearly ruined Morrissey's good name.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom