10 Feb 1986 National Stadium, Dublin

SNS22

Not Dead Yet
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PR6JALDH

Thanks To Those who provide as always....

Dedicated to PassionsJustLikeMine For the info they provide...

10 February 1986
National Stadium, Dublin, Ireland

Shakespeare's Sister
I Want The One I Can't Have
Vicar In A Tutu
(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame/Rusholme Ruffians
Cemetry Gates
Still Ill
Stretch Out And Wait
That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore
Nowhere Fast
What She Said
The Boy With The Thorn In His Side
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
Bigmouth Strikes Again
Meat Is Murder
/William It Was Really Nothing
/Heaven Know I'm Miserable Now
//Miserable Lie

This was the band's first real gig of 1986. The previous two dates had been festival appearances. This one included the yet unreleased and recently added "Vicar In A Tutu", "Cemetry Gates" and "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out". It also included older tracks "Still Ill", "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore", "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and "Miserable Lie" which weren't played on the two earlier dates because they had shorter setlists. For some reason, "Frankly Mr Shankly" would have been expected but it was not played.

In "Cemetry Gates" Morrissey made quite a few mistakes. He sang "you say long done do does did" when he should have sang "ere thrice the sun hath done salutations to the dawn". Then later in the song when he sang "you say long done do does did" as expected, he made the mistake of following it with "and you claim these words as your own" instead of "words which could only be your own".

After "What She Said", Johnny picked the melody of an unidentified song on his guitar until Morrissey said "Well we're glad you turned up" and then launched into "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side". "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" was introduced with the words "This is our new single... I hope you like it". Strangely, just a few days before, in Newcastle, Morrissey had announced "Bigmouth Strikes Again" as the new single. So the Smiths' plans had meanwhile changed, but they would change again as "Bigmouth Strikes Again" was the next song to be released (although it was still 4 months away) and not "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out". Returning for the first encore Morrissey thanked his audience "Tonight was wonderful thank you" and then for the second encore he added "Thank you you've been very kind, thank you...". In the final song, "Miserable Lie", Morrissey was kept by fans from singing many of the words in that song.

Back
Top Bottom