10 best singer\songwriters of all time!!! (No Moz)

R

Reg Plate

Guest
This is my opinion so accept it, you may have a different opinion, opinions are like potatoes and vary widely, so this list could in effect be likened to say a Maris Piper and your opinion could be likened to say a King Edward, do you see about the tattie analogy, one is good for Baking and one is good for Chips. For variety you could try baking a medium sized sweet potato in the microwave for approx 4 mins - always prick the skin with a fork first - and then serve with Butter, delicious (in my opinion).

1 - Paul Simon - Where to start? "Slip Slidin' Away" is as good as any!.
2 - J Brel - "Ne Me Quitte Pas", listen to Scott Walkers cover first if you don't speak French (If you go away).
3 - Kirst MacColl - a song for every mood but "All I Ever Wanted" which she wrote about both her father Ewan and Steve Lillywhite.
4 - Ewan MacColl - Not an admirable man in many ways but "the first time ever I saw your face" was only just pipped by "Dirty old Town".
5 - Johnny Cash - The legend who couldn't get a record deal!!! sound familiar??? when he did he came back fighting with the American recordings, try "The Man in Black" , "The Man Comes Around" or "Solitary Man"
6 - Morrissey - Well he had to figure to be honest - No suggestions only my current fave "Friday Mourning"
7 - Dolly Parton - The Grand Dame has a hatful of hits and "I will Always Love You" subsequently murdered by Whitney stands right up there!
8 - Don McLean - one word, "Vincent"
9 - John Denver - "Annies Song" you know it, "you fill up my senses", would bring a tear to a glass eye!
10 - Noel Gallacher - "Half The World Away" I mean who wouldn't want to move to Oz or NZ?????

Well thats my sack of spuds, so to speak

Reggie
 
G

Grim O'Grady

Guest
Are Maris Pipers white? I've seen your spuds & they are awffy pale. I suggest another 10 mins in the chip pan & you might get a deeper flavour!

Al Green, James Brown, Cilla Black (eh?) What no Lennon/McCartney?

Mushy peas, stick em in a pan (on a low light) & the individuals join together to make a mass ensemble that is delicious (in my humble opinion).
All you need is some Brown sauce.

Grim 'Multi-cultural' O'Grady

> This is my opinion so accept it, you may have a different opinion,
> opinions are like potatoes and vary widely, so this list could in effect
> be likened to say a Maris Piper and your opinion could be likened to say a
> King Edward, do you see about the tattie analogy, one is good for Baking
> and one is good for Chips. For variety you could try baking a medium sized
> sweet potato in the microwave for approx 4 mins - always prick the skin
> with a fork first - and then serve with Butter, delicious (in my opinion).

> 1 - Paul Simon - Where to start? "Slip Slidin' Away" is as good
> as any!.
> 2 - J Brel - "Ne Me Quitte Pas", listen to Scott Walkers cover
> first if you don't speak French (If you go away).
> 3 - Kirst MacColl - a song for every mood but "All I Ever
> Wanted" which she wrote about both her father Ewan and Steve
> Lillywhite.
> 4 - Ewan MacColl - Not an admirable man in many ways but "the first
> time ever I saw your face" was only just pipped by "Dirty old
> Town".
> 5 - Johnny Cash - The legend who couldn't get a record deal!!! sound
> familiar??? when he did he came back fighting with the American
> recordings, try "The Man in Black" , "The Man Comes
> Around" or "Solitary Man"
> 6 - Morrissey - Well he had to figure to be honest - No suggestions only
> my current fave "Friday Mourning"
> 7 - Dolly Parton - The Grand Dame has a hatful of hits and "I will
> Always Love You" subsequently murdered by Whitney stands right up
> there!
> 8 - Don McLean - one word, "Vincent"
> 9 - John Denver - "Annies Song" you know it, "you fill up
> my senses", would bring a tear to a glass eye!
> 10 - Noel Gallacher - "Half The World Away" I mean who wouldn't
> want to move to Oz or NZ?????

> Well thats my sack of spuds, so to speak

> Reggie
 
M

Mouthful_Of_Pie

Guest
1. Will To Love - Neil Young
2. It's All Over Now Baby Blue - Bob Dylan
3. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - John Lennon
4. Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen
5. I Don't Blame You - Cat Power
6. Black Boys On Mopeds - Sinead O'Connor
7. Late Night, Maudlin Street - Morrissey
8. Psychic Hearts - Thurston Moore
9. So What Else Is New - J Mascis
10. You Know You're Right - Kurt Cobain
 
M

Mr.Improper PIMP of the fuckin nation...and proud

Guest
> Are Maris Pipers white? I've seen your spuds & they are awffy pale. I
> suggest another 10 mins in the chip pan & you might get a deeper
> flavour!

> Al Green, James Brown, Cilla Black (eh?) What no Lennon/McCartney?

> Mushy peas, stick em in a pan (on a low light) & the individuals join
> together to make a mass ensemble that is delicious (in my humble opinion).
> All you need is some Brown sauce.

> Grim 'Multi-cultural' O'Grady

You would know all about food fatso. You certainly eat enough of it.
 
B

Betty Boo

Guest
More than ten soZ... I just had to carry on......:(

MorrisseY...
Ian CurtiS...
BillY BraGG...
Marc AlmonD...
NiCK CaVe..
SaM CooKe...
Leonard Cohen..
Billy CorGan...
Pete ShelleY...
Brian MolKo...
Lou Reed...
Brett AndersoN...
Tim Booth...
Andrew Eldrich...
NiCo...
Bob DylaN...
RanDy NeWman...
BobbY DariN...
BuddY HollY...
RaY Charles...
BoB MarleY...
RoY Orbison...
MarC BolaN...
PauL Weller...
StinG...
FeargaL SharkeY..
 
R

Reg Plate

Guest
Re: don mclean is superior to bob dylan? You got that damn straight!
 
G

Grim O'Grady

Guest
sick to death of labels & toys is it?

f***-off back to your whacko-Jacko site kiddy fiddling nonce cunt, S'funny how you only show when Jacko's in the news eh, coincidence, nope! We all saw you with your stupid placard in support of Jacko last night, oh how we laughed. You are just a spotty herbert numbty!
 
L

Let's Go Devils

Guest
I want to be a professional Golfer

It's a lot more lucrative than selling Morrissey bootlegs with better travel arrangements.
 
G

Grim O'Grady

Guest
Re: I want to be a professional Gopher

You've been selling Morrissey bootlegs? You'd best becareful as your retarded nonce mate is back now that he's given up his vigilance outside Jacko's court case & if he hears about you selling Mozzers boots he'll choke himself on a purple crayon! Did you see the kiddy-fiddler waving his Irish tricolour placard that read "michael is sick to death of labels & toys" & his usual expletives last night on tv! Silly little boy eh.
You are a big Morrissey fan (aren't you?) have you got a copy of IBEH with the lyrics "sick to death of labels & toys" as well as simple-pimple?

Grim

> It's a lot more lucrative than selling Morrissey bootlegs with better
> travel arrangements.
 
L

Let's Go Devils

Guest
Re: I want to be a professional Politician

> You've been selling Morrissey bootlegs? You'd best becareful as your
> retarded nonce mate is back now that he's given up his vigilance outside
> Jacko's court case & if he hears about you selling Mozzers boots he'll
> choke himself on a purple crayon! Did you see the kiddy-fiddler waving his
> Irish tricolour placard that read "michael is sick to death of labels
> & toys" & his usual expletives last night on tv! Silly little
> boy eh.
> You are a big Morrissey fan (aren't you?) have you got a copy of IBEH with
> the lyrics "sick to death of labels & toys" as well as
> simple-pimple?

> Grim
OMGosh almost forgot. Speaking of Labour and Tories(see I was a Political Science major) I met David Crausby while I was in London. Since you are both from the same city, and over a couple of pints, I mentioned your line of work concerning Morrissey and he started asking all these questions, like how do you record the shows, do you make a profit from the CD's and DVD's you sell. He was really interested so I told him he should go over to Ebay and check it out. So I was thinking woudn't it be super duper cool if he could get other MP's intersted in Morrissey and you could make lots and lots of money.
 
G

Grim O'Grady

Guest
Whit?

> OMGosh almost forgot. Speaking of Labour and Tories(see I was a Political
> Science major) I met David Crausby while I was in London. Since you are
> both from the same city, and over a couple of pints, I mentioned your line
> of work concerning Morrissey and he started asking all these questions,
> like how do you record the shows, do you make a profit from the CD's and
> DVD's you sell. He was really interested so I told him he should go over
> to Ebay and check it out. So I was thinking woudn't it be super duper cool
> if he could get other MP's intersted in Morrissey and you could make lots
> and lots of money.

I'm not from London, where did you get that idea from?

Think I'll let my alter-ego answer the rest of your points though.
 
L

Let's Go Devils

Guest
Re: Whit?

> I'm not from London, where did you get that idea from?

> Think I'll let my alter-ego answer the rest of your points though.
I didn't say he was from London, he only works there.
I find it interesting you attack someone for his lack of knowledge of international politics when you have no knowledge yourself of who is representing you in your own House of Commons.
 
G

Grim O'Grady

Guest
Re: Whit?

> I didn't say he was from London, he only works there.
> I find it interesting you attack someone for his lack of knowledge of
> international politics when you have no knowledge yourself of who is
> representing you in your own House of Commons.

Oops, my alter ego probably does. He's just made a fool of myself.
 
R

Reg Plate aka Booze Borer

Guest
Spuds u didn't like!!!!!

Help ma kilt - controvesy.

I started something...

Reggie
 
Top Bottom