04-07-09 Kansas City Show

Not if it's going to put you in a bad spot or get you in trouble! :straightface:
Only do it if there are ZERO chances of negative consequences work or money-wise. (Yeah, unsolicited advice. :o)

Not to worry, my rational side prevailed and I'm at work right now. :rolleyes: Really hoping it stays in the setlist this weekend though!

f***ing douchebag! playing "some girls are bigger than others" in freaking kansas city. why does he play SHIT like "how can anybody possibly know how i feel" 5 million times when i see him, and then he busts out "queen is dead" songs in Missouri. I paid f***ing 75 bucks at MY shows. everyone else's shows were half the price, i should hear the good stuff!!! what's next? you gonna play "there is a light" Morrissey? you gonna really rub it in? godammit :mad:

I'm in a bad mood today. sorry.

:rock:Preach on sister nugz

f***ing douchebag! playing "some girls are bigger than others" in freaking kansas city. why does he play SHIT like "how can anybody possibly know how i feel" 5 million times when i see him, and then he busts out "queen is dead" songs in Missouri. I paid f***ing 75 bucks at MY shows. everyone else's shows were half the price, i should hear the good stuff!!! what's next? you gonna play "there is a light" Morrissey? you gonna really rub it in? godammit :mad:

i think he chose to play "some girls" in the midwest well because some girls out there ARE bigger then others.
he is heading to texas and they say texas does everything bigger or something like that.

:eek:

(There is a light was played approximately 1,267 times in 2004. Where were YOU?)

:eek:

(There is a light was played approximately 1,267 times in 2004. Where were YOU?)

in my dorm room, eating cheetos and drinking a 40 cuz i had no money. reading this chicks myspace who went to see morrissey with the guy I liked at the time. planning her demise.

p.s. they are still together and I am friends with them both.

I'd rather hear any solo song, even "How Can Anybody Know Who I Feel".

why does everyone hate "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel"?

Maybe he heard those chicks on their documentary to ‘play more Smiths songs’. :rolleyes:

And some girls are bigger than others… EVERYwhere

I would prefer to hear "How Can Anybody.." to "Some Girls.." anytime. Didn't Johnny Marr say Morrissey had ruined his wonderful composition with dreadful lyrics? Or is this feeble old brain deluded?

I would prefer to hear "How Can Anybody.." to "Some Girls.." anytime. Didn't Johnny Marr say Morrissey had ruined his wonderful composition with dreadful lyrics? Or is this feeble old brain deluded?

I love "How Can Anybody...."
I'd much rather hear that song as well.

I love "How Can Anybody...."
I'd much rather hear that song as well.

gosh! dickens! You lot cannot be pleased! "Play more Smiths songs! Wait, not THAT Smiths song! Play more old SOLO songs! Wait, actually, play more SONGS FROM QUARRY! Yes, that's it! Even though we complain about every album since Vauxhall!" :sick:

I can agree with this. Of course I only went to one show but it was because I didn't feel like listening to HCAPKHIF over and over knowing there were much better songs or hearing so much of the Greatest Hits/ROTT/Quarry tours AGAIN.

The Foxwoods show was full of comps but the crowd was still drawn from Boston and NY where he has a very strong following. I didn't even know there was a KC show.

why does everyone hate "How Can Anybody Possibly Know How I Feel"?

Because musically the composition brings to mind the feeling of forcing your way through a giant vat of peanutbutter. It just feels like it's being held back.

Then, the lyric "...15 miles of shit and I do not like it."

Really?
You don't like it?
I don't think the stars of 2 Girls 1 Cup would like it and they play with feces.

It's really a terrible lyric which ruins an otherwise decent lyric.

When I was still just a young man, in high school, there was this kid, and all he talked about in senior year ,in the three art classes I had with him ,was his plan and dreams of moving to Kansas City.It drove me slowly insane throughout out the year.Everyday, 5 days a week "I can't wait to move to Kansas City""Kansas City is great" I hated Kansas City by the end of the year, and I had never ever been there.

Stupid Kansas City.

Then, the lyric "...15 miles of shit and I do not like it."
It's really a terrible lyric which ruins an otherwise decent lyric.

I think the "....tell you that you smell" line in "One Day Goodbye will be Farewell" is much more cringeworthy.

Tags
holy shit! it's true
Back
Top Bottom