03 Nov 2009 Brendwood

mimiko

Audio- 03 Nov 2009 Brendwood-Brentwood Leisure Centre

Sony ICD-SX77 > Digital Voice Editor (convert to WAV 44.1kHz 16bit) > BonkEnc (convert to mp3 320kbps)

This is full-show and not cut out any Moz's banter.
Sound Q= A-

This Charming Man
Black Cloud
When Last I spoke to Carol
How Soon is Now
Ganglord
Cemetry Gates
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Teenage Dad on his Estate
Ask
Irish Blood, English Heart
Why Don't you find out for Yourself?
One Day Goodbye Will be Farewell
Death At One's Elbow
The World is Crashing Bores
Is Is Really So Strange?
The Loop
Because of my Poor Education
I'm OK By Myself //
First of the gang to die

Here you go:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g6qyzk
Feel free to share and re-upload to anyone, anywhere. But please don't do commercial redistribution.

Without wanting to sound arrogant, have you heard the Manchester recording?

I don't take that as arrogance at all, just you asking a fair question about a show recording you have a favoritism for as opposed to this one.

Yes I've heard the oft-touted Manchester show and think the recording is decent, at best. I'd agree it is better than most recordings from 2009, but to me that is not saying very much at all. It's like saying that Joe Besser was the best third Stooge after the original Curly.

Unless there is more than one recording of that show?

Actually though, I do love Shemp.

Yes I've heard the oft-touted Manchester show and think the recording is decent, at best.

I find this quite bizarre... this recording has a number of issues that are not present on the Manc recording - the automatic gain has obviously been left on so you get that annoying 'pumping' effect with virtually every bass drum hit and the taper was obviously moving about quite a lot as the sound seems to sweep from the left to the right every couple of seconds. Add to that the rather 'processed'-sounding sound (a result of cheap mics or the encoding that the recording has undergone?) plus an occasionally intrusive audience and you have a recording that I find very hard to listen to.

Compared to that, the Manchester has clear, balanced sound with crisp vocals, no volume or panning issues, no close-proximity audience sound and the overall sound is neither bass-heavy or muffled at the top end.

I don't want to sound like I'm slagging off a fellow taper -indeed he/she seems to have done an admirable job considering the limitations of their equipment and I'm always pleased to see shows being saved for posterity- but my pride demands that I defend my recording against your assessment...

I find this quite bizarre... this recording has a number of issues that are not present on the Manc recording - the automatic gain has obviously been left on so you get that annoying 'pumping' effect with virtually every bass drum hit and the taper was obviously moving about quite a lot as the sound seems to sweep from the left to the right every couple of seconds. Add to that the rather 'processed'-sounding sound (a result of cheap mics or the encoding that the recording has undergone?) plus an occasionally intrusive audience and you have a recording that I find very hard to listen to.

Compared to that, the Manchester has clear, balanced sound with crisp vocals, no volume or panning issues, no close-proximity audience sound and the overall sound is neither bass-heavy or muffled at the top end.

I don't want to sound like I'm slagging off a fellow taper -indeed he/she seems to have done an admirable job considering the limitations of their equipment and I'm always pleased to see shows being saved for posterity- but my pride demands that I defend my recording against your assessment...

Ooo, get her!

(Thank you both very much)

Thank you, mimiko!!

Back
Top Bottom