Morrissey Central “YOU’VE GOT, BABY, SUCH A FABULOUS NAME” (March 10, 2022)

:)

none of the good songwriters are on that dumb show, not moz or bob dylan or the beatles etc o_O

graspers are on there(n)

:hammer:

Amy, I have looked into it in real life - but you could work it out from Twitter.

20220307_010932.jpg

20220307_010949.jpg

Amy, I have looked into it in real life - but you could work it out from Twitter.

View attachment 79749

View attachment 79748
I've discussed this with you before Karen, before you changed your username, and my thoughts haven't changed.

I know that there have, in the past, been journos who have deliberately set out to get him - but it doesn't change the fact that Morrissey's current public 'toxicity' is mostly a result of the FB pin badge, the Anne-Marie comments, the Der Spiegel interview. He gave his critics the gift of a lifetime with this crap, he gave them what they had hungered for and now they will rub his face in it forever. You can't dismiss it all as just Press propaganda - he's played an active part in creating this situation.

Last edited:
I've discussed this with you before Karen, before you changed your username, and my thoughts haven't changed.

I know that there have, in the past, been journos who have deliberately set out to get him - but it doesn't change the fact that Morrissey's current public 'toxicity' is mostly a result of the FB pin badge, the Anne-Marie comments, the Der Spiegel interview. He gave his critics the gift of a lifetime with this crap, he gave them what they had hungered for and now they will be rub his face in it forever.

Ffs - it's bloody obvious he didn't think she was a fascist.

They only jumped on it & hyped it because they hated him already.

Otherwise they would have written that he was being daft.

It's not going to be forever - their story doesn't hold up. It would be faster if Morrissey would do something, but it'll lessen & then it'll reverse ferret.

Ffs - it's bloody obvious he didn't think she was a fascist.

They only jumped on it & hyped it because they hated him already.

Otherwise they would have written that he was being daft.

It's not going to be forever - their story doesn't hold up. It would be faster if Morrissey would do something, but it'll lessen & then it'll reverse ferret.
The thing is that beyond the diehards here, nobody cares what Morrissey might or might not 'think', they care what he said and what he did.

Time and time again, he dug this hole deeper with stupid comments, stupid decisions and a stubborn refusal to properly clarify anything. He came out of the Der Spiegel incident looking like a liar and an idiot, then he ran away. This situation isn't going to magically undo itself, you're dreaming. It has already been five years.

The thing is that beyond the diehards here, nobody cares what Morrissey might or might not 'think', they care what he said and what he did.

Time and time again, he dug this hole deeper with stupid comments, stupid decisions and a stubborn refusal to properly clarify anything. He came out of the Der Spiegel incident looking like a liar and an idiot, then he ran away. This situation isn't going to magically undo itself, you're dreaming. It has already been five years.
I think he should have stood by his comments after the Der Spiegel interview, that's the only thing that disappoints me.

The "wouldn't clarify" thing is press drivel because they want to goad him into more interviews.

They know they're misrepresenting him because they know what they're leaving out.

It absolutely will undo itself because the real story is getting around & it's a better story.

Morrissey giving them a hook would speed it up - but it's inevitable.

The "wouldn't clarify" thing is press drivel because they want to goad him into more interviews.

They know they're misrepresenting him because they know what they're leaving out.

It absolutely will undo itself because the real story is getting around & it's a better story.

Morrissey giving them a hook would speed it up - but it's inevitable.
I don't knock you for hoping that things will get better, but it's wishful thinking. There is no better story circulating. Your blog / dossier / whatever will not change anything, nor your lobbying on Twitter, nor would a thousand articles by the likes of Fiona Dodwell.

You need to recognise that Morrissey did some of this damage himself, and that means that only he is able to repair it. You can't do it for him. Nobody is going to listen to some diehard fan, preaching to the masses that what they've seen and heard with their own eyes isn't real and it's all a press conspiracy. He's a grown man and he has to own the things he's said and done.

Last edited:
I don't knock you for hoping that things will get better, but it's wishful thinking. There is no better story circulating. Your blog / dossier / whatever will not change anything, nor your lobbying on Twitter, nor would a thousand articles by the likes of Fiona Dodwell.

You need to recognise that Morrissey did some of this damage himself, and that means that only he is able to repair it. You can't do it for him. Nobody is going to listen to some diehard fan, preaching to the masses that what they've seen and heard with their own eyes isn't real and it's all a press conspiracy. He's a grown man and he has to own the things he's said and done.

🙄 I'm not relying on Twitter. I talk to journalists in real life.

The story is better & it is circulating.

🙄 I'm not relying on Twitter. I talk to journalists in real life.

The story is better & it is circulating.
I am a journalist - where is it circulating?

I am a journalist - where is it circulating?!

You should have an inkling.

What publication do you work for & I'll send an email.

Obviously DM it.

Last edited by a moderator:
:)

none of the good songwriters are on that dumb show, not moz or bob dylan or the beatles etc o_O

graspers are on there(n)

:hammer:
Blimey, you're right! They haven't even had John Lennon on the show. Or Bob Dylan who would love to participate in something like this, since you just can't open a telly without seeing him in some talk show. You are so in touch with current pop music! I always admire people who have such wide horizons!

If I believe the same and with Ianadoac he earned some chips, because the album is miy good and has good criiticas, and that softened things, and if Bonfire is good he will win more chips independently of if he sells few recordsAlso Moz does not speak anymore and the silence is very significant, he speaks with his silence, so he is determined not to get into issues that after all do not serve him that he can not change, so he will no longer spend energy on all that, I think. And how well it does!!!!!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom