“Yo quiero Taco Bell”; Taco Bell's Gidget the Chihuahua, has died

The Seeker of Good Songs

One of the most memorable commercial mascots of all time, Taco Bell's Gidget the Chihuahua, has died at age 15. Her wide-eyed gaze and male-voiced catchphrase, “Yo quiero Taco Bell,” made her a fixture of the fast food chain’s late ’90s TV advertising. But for Taco Bell, those adorable ads were also a huge headache. A lawsuit from the concept’s creators led to a drawn-out legal battle that just reached its apparent conclusion in January of this year, when a federal appeals court ruled that Taco Bell should pay the originators $42 million. Then there’s the fact that Taco Bell sales actually slipped in the “Chihuahua Era,” leading many to say the campaign was ineffective. All that said, it’s still sad to see Gidget go.

from: http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/2009/07/taco-bells-iconic-42m-chihuahua-has-died.html

This is bigger than Michael Jackson. Never knew her name but she was the best mascot ever.

Aww :( 15 is pretty old for any dog, tho.

I have a little stuffed chihuahua dog I got from a Taco Bell long before I had kids :o... you squeeze it and it growls, like a brrrrrroow (roll the r's). When I first heard All You Need Is Me and listened to the ending, I tied the two together... What does that remind me of? :confused: oh yeah! :thumb: Now I can't hear that song without thinking about the Taco Bell dog.

@ 3:10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElemRKA9r1c

I never thought I'd be able to share my 'connection'...so thanks, Seeker. :D

I never thought I'd be able to share my 'connection'...so thanks, Seeker. :D

That's what I'm here for.

I'd like to know what ol' Mogsy saw off camera that made him smile in that video at 1:11.

Fifteen is a good age for such a little dog.I had a Jack Russell that made it to sixteen.:cool:she was the craziest dog I ever met.:crazy:

I want a Chihuahua.They are too cute.Fiesty little things

Fifteen is a good age for such a little dog.I had a Jack Russell that made it to sixteen.:cool:she was the craziest dog I ever met.:crazy:

I want a Chihuahua.They are too cute.Fiesty little things

Have you seen Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Cuteness overload! I want one after seeing that-but only if it talks like Drew Barrymore.

Have you seen Beverly Hills Chihuahua? Cuteness overload! I want one after seeing that-but only if it talks like Drew Barrymore.

Not yet.We have every other dog dvd going though courtesy of my daughter.

I have two CKCSpaniels but there's always room for more pooches......:love:I love all dogs.They love me.They all pile on top of me and lick me to death.

I like Chihuahuas because they have strong characters.They are not as sissy as they seem.:cool:

This was posted on TMZ a few minutes ago.

OFFICES OF FARRAH FAWCETT'S PUBLICIST BARBARA REYNOLDS [TRANSCRIPT]:

Publicist: Hello?

Caller: Barbara. It's Steve.

Barbara: I'm busy trying to book the memorial Farrahthon for Oxygen. At least they took my call. This goddamn Michael Jackson thing is finally dying down. Hey, you got your Tivo set for Larry King tonight? Son of a b---- is finally airing the Farrah special. FINALLY.

Steve: Yeah, uh...you're not going to believe this. Just got off the phone with Ted. He was on the run, sketchy on the details. There's been another death.

Barbara: F---. F---. "muffled noise*

Steve: Barbara?

Barbara: Who is it this time? First it was Michael, now what? Martha Stewart? Oprah? Did they find Santa f---ing Claus dead from a heroin OD with his d--- up Bono's a--?

Steve: Gidget's dead.

Barbara: Gidget? Are you f---ing kidding me?

Steve: Stroke, Ted told me.

Barbara: God damn it, Steve! The special!

Steve: I know, honey.

Barbara: The Jacko s--- is finally quieting down and the Farrah special is on Larry King Live TONIGHT, Steve.

Steve: I know.

Barbara: Tonight.

Steve: It-- it's just bad luck.

Barbara: Bad luck? That c---! Why'd Gidget have to go and die? That talentless b----. F--- her. I always hated her. Sad-sack old tranny.

Steve: I know. Ew. The-- the worst. She had nothing on Farrah.

Barbara: Did every kid in America go to bed with a boner looking at Sally f---ing Field's poster on their wall every night?

Steve: No.

Barbara: Did they?

Steve: Hell no.

Barbara: God d--- right hell no! "Brothers & Sisters". What kind of bulls--- is that? GOD DAMN IT. Her face was getting wrinkled like my ass----. Tch. They'll give an Emmy to anyone. The crazy motherf---ing b----. Gidget! What. The. F---?

Steve: It's just not Farrah's time to shine yet. Hold on. Call waiting. *click*

Barbara: God is p---ing s--- on me. Sally f---ing Field? Jesus Christ's sweaty ball-sack how could that withered old shrew go and die now? That boring, sanctimonious, smelly, crotch-faced two-bit disease-ridden hooker--!

Steve: Uh, Barbara?

Barbara: Gidget? I always hated that show. Charlie's Angels was a million times better. F--- me in the a-- with a yard of cactus, Steve. I'm going to piss on Sally Field's grave, I'll tell you that! "Not Without My Daughter"-- not without my fist up your corpse's big fat a--- you miserable fart-brained trick!

Steve: Barbara, you're going to laugh...Ted just called me back...Gidget's dead, but it's Gidget the Taco Bell dog.

Barbara: What? Oh my God. Are you serious?

Steve: Yeah.

Barbara: Oh. Ahahahahaha.

Steve: Right?

Barbara: Oh my God. That is such a relief.

Steve: I'm going to clobber Ted when I see him.

Barbara: You better. Ho-ho-ho! My God. I didn't mean to hate on Sally.

Steve: No. No.

Barbara: She's okay. Tough old broad. The Taco Bell dog! Ha! Oh my sweet Jesus. The Taco f---ing Bell dog? Ahahahahaha. Hold on, Steve, I have another call. *click* Hello?

Producer: Barb? Penny here at the Larry King Show. Listen, I have some bad news...​

Last edited:
Not yet.We have every other dog dvd going though courtesy of my daughter.

I have two CKCSpaniels but there's always room for more pooches......:love:I love all dogs.They love me.They all pile on top of me and lick me to death.

I like Chihuahuas because they have strong characters.They are not as sissy as they seem.:cool:

I wouldn't have seen it yet either if my girls hadn't chosen it for Mommy/daughter movie day at the theater. I was dreading it, but actually enjoyed the movie. What's not to love about talking animals!? *sucker*

My cats will totally disown me if I get a dog...esp one that is smaller! than them. :p

I saw this poor, shaking (typical!), sickly-looking chihuahua at the beach last week... it's leash was tied to a backpack which was tied to a bigger dog...whose owner's left them :confused::rolleyes:...as the bigger dog tried to walk towards the owners (finally spotted after a half hour), it dragged the backpack and the chihuahua with him. I wasn't the only one to go to that poor dog's rescue. Irresponsible people :mad::rolleyes:

My cats will totally disown me if I get a dog...esp one that is smaller! than them. :p

We have 3 cats and one dog..a Boston Terrier. The Boston gets the beating every time.

:D whenever my Mom's dog visits (Bishon/Maltese mix), my black cat, Sammy will reach out and whap-whap him a couple times in the face as he walks by. :lbf:

The Boston we had prior to this one got serious eye damage by messing with the cats. Bostons have those nice "bugged out" eyes. He irritated the cat too much and she gave him a slap in the face, claws out and scratched his eye.
I think he actually cried. We took him to the vet but nothing could be done but put some kind of antibiotic in his eye. The cornea was scratched. As it healed, the eye/pupil got all cloudy. Not sure if he could see with it at all after that. Poor Spock.

I have a taco bell dog from when they were running those ads. It was a Christmas promotion and I have a "Gidget" in a Santa Claus hat and he says, "Feliz navidad amigos!" when you press the button.

As of April his 10+ year old battery was still working.

I smell ebay!

Back
Top Bottom