Morrissey Central “THERE IS A PLACE” (September 18, 2022)

C00EEB68-4CB3-4A0D-8E7F-54D0272F76AC.jpeg

Also on Central Instagram:

Suede have a new album out, they play the game ánd play all the crowd-pleasers. Three things Moz does not have/do. Makes a world of difference.
And they haven't shaken off a massive chunk of their fanbase by supporting/sympathising with/defending Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson, For Britain, etc. However much people hate me reminding them, this is the reality. Just look at most of the comments beneath the adverts for the current Morrissey tour on Facebook. There is a mountain of ex-Smiths/Morrissey fans who won't see him anymore. Hence the lack of excitement and good vibes in the lead-up to his tour. There is no comparison to the Suede situation.

That's what I meant by 'playing the game' ;)
Moz doesn't choose to do that. It's his career/tour to wreck his own way.

It's been a very long time since Suede weren't great.
give me a date.i said suede havent always been great well you have just backed up what i said.

I'm going to the blackpool gig to see moz for the thirteenth time,i'm 64 years old now and i'm as excited as a kid in a sweet shop, can't wait

And they haven't shaken off a massive chunk of their fanbase by supporting/sympathising with/defending Nigel Farage, Tommy Robinson, For Britain, etc. However much people hate me reminding them, this is the reality. Just look at most of the comments beneath the adverts for the current Morrissey tour on Facebook. There is a mountain of ex-Smiths/Morrissey fans who won't see him anymore. Hence the lack of excitement and good vibes in the lead-up to his tour. There is no comparison to the Suede situation.
And another thing, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.......

My problem is I got bored with the new songs too quickly, and haven't yet bothered to buy a ticket to one of his shows. Did I change? did Moz change? I don't know anymore.

Morrissey: "Come to my show, here's a picture of a goofy bastard who nobody knows...what? it is completely random and irrelevant? Ok fine. Here's a photo of me from 50 years ago. Now buy a ticket!"

My problem is I got bored with the new songs too quickly, and haven't yet bothered to buy a ticket to one of his shows. Did I change? did Moz change? I don't know anymore.
The problem with some (not all) Morrissey shows over the past 8-10 years or so is the pacing. Generally, they start strong and end strong, but he makes some really peculiar choices mid-set. Like stringing together unreleased songs with slower cuts from recent albums to obscure B-Sides to dodgy covers (CS) that no one really wants to hear, especially all in a row.

I'm not suggesting a Greatest Hits set - obviously I love many newer, deep, and obscure songs. I just prefer the good ones.

The problem with some (not all) Morrissey shows over the past 8-10 years or so is the pacing. Generally, they start strong and end strong, but he makes some really peculiar choices mid-set. Like stringing together unreleased songs with slower cuts from recent albums to obscure B-Sides to dodgy covers (CS) that no one really wants to hear, especially all in a row.

I'm not suggesting a Greatest Hits set - obviously I love many newer, deep, and obscure songs. I just prefer the good ones.
I respect the fact he doesn’t do a permanent Greatest Hits tour and plays whatever he wants

me too, he wouldn't even compromise this for the Las Vegas crowds. Most artists would be too scared of losing their audience.
What I'm saying is that he DOES lose the audience sometimes mid-set. I've seen it. People looking at their phones, running to the beer stand, etc.

Yes we know "there is a place", SammyCentral douche. You've already told us, remember?

The Men's Toilet!
And I have no doubt it will be packed!!!!

See you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!! The theatre that he's playing has a poster of his upcoming show! No way!!! Thanks Sam!

To be fair, Suede's last 4 albums have also been 4 of their best albums to date.... something no one would say about Morrissey

lets not forget that suede havent always been great,was a fan in the 90s so its not a dig.
people are saying fans arent up for the tour,well that is probably because nearly everyone on this site has seen him multiple times,i think the shows will go well and think M will be up for the shows.
Suede's first album is one of my favourite all time albums, it's one of the few albums I consider perfect. Metal micky is one of my favourite songs too!

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom