Morrissey Central “THERE IS A PLACE” (September 18, 2022)

C00EEB68-4CB3-4A0D-8E7F-54D0272F76AC.jpeg

Also on Central Instagram:

Not having a go at our M
But here in the UK. It's really a bit depressing the lack of excitement for the M gigs.
Loads of old time hardcore aren't going and the ones that are, don't seem that excited . Just like "have to go its moz "
when you compare that to suede, it's shocking loads of smiths fans have a hard on for suede.
Depressed me a bit

It's shocking how amateur the moz PR is to Suede .
I only mention this due to these dumbass tour posters .

Not having a go at our M
But here in the UK. It's really a bit depressing the lack of excitement for the M gigs.
Loads of old time hardcore aren't going and the ones that are, don't seem that excited . Just like "have to go its moz "
when you compare that to suede, it's shocking loads of smiths fans have a hard on for suede.
Depressed me a bit

Snap out of it Dirk, and pull yourself together Young man.
Of course everything you’ve said is correct.
Just wait till next Saturday with the Ireland gig, this place will be on fire.
And I’m sure the NME , ECT will be waiting for any Quips from our man
RE Certain events.
The best feeling ever IS Actually the whole day of the gig for me....
Just love it.

I'd guess the 'snap' is by one of the band or Donnie - some of which are in Killarney currently.
FWD.

Not having a go at our M
Depressed me a bit

Think cost may be a factor right now.

Not having a go at our M
Depressed me a bit

You and Mike Rourke could while away hours of chat about how many people are going or leaving or staying. Can you two collate your figures and get back to us? Then maybe we can put this to rest.

Last edited:
Not having a go at our M
Depressed me a bit

I agree with this. I think it has to do with the absolute boredom of the shows. They are very predictable, and our beloved Moz just doesn’t have the energy bestowed upon us by youth. You can‘t blame at all. It’s age. It‘s inevitable.

For 20 to 30 years we were blessed indescribably by a Moz show. We waited and drooled with desire to ’see what happened at the show’.

Now we know, and therefore a lot just don’t care. My last two shows I went to, and this pains me to say it, but I just got bored.

Be healthy and safe….

Not having a go at our M
Depressed me a bit

The difference is, Suede are still a decent act.

Suede is on fire, I don't think anyone can top them now, the live shows as seen in pics and videos are just amazing. Brett is fascinating to watch, tons of energy and charisma.

Not having a go at our M
Depressed me a bit

Seen nothing but love for Suede from Moz/Smiths fans.

In all fairness Suede do also have a new album just released and have had a career resurgence of sorts.

I really don't think it's helpful to compare the two although I can see where it's coming from.

lets not forget that suede havent always been great,was a fan in the 90s so its not a dig.
people are saying fans arent up for the tour,well that is probably because nearly everyone on this site has seen him multiple times,i think the shows will go well and think M will be up for the shows.

lets not forget that suede havent always been great,was a fan in the 90s so its not a dig.
people are saying fans arent up for the tour,well that is probably because nearly everyone on this site has seen him multiple times,i think the shows will go well and think M will be up for the shows.
It's been a very long time since Suede weren't great.

Suede have a new album out, they play the game ánd play all the crowd-pleasers.
Three things Moz does not have/do.
Makes a world of difference.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom