Morrissey Central “THERE IS A PLACE” (September 18, 2022)

C00EEB68-4CB3-4A0D-8E7F-54D0272F76AC.jpeg

Also on Central Instagram:

Oh fair enough - I need to find out more about this whole Spotify thing!
Would be interesting to know what the songs are...

Top 5 songs for Morrissey on Spotify are:

Suedehead
First Of The Gang
EDILS
Let Me Kiss You
Alma Matters

He played 4 of those in Vegas on the final note but apparently he doesn't play his popular songs.

Not sure if Spotify is a gauge of true popularity though. As Thewlis says Morrissey's monthly listeners are 1.8m, however Echo and the Bunnymen have 1.7m, James have 2.1m and New Order 5.5m. Out of those bands I would say only New Order are generally more popular than Morrissey worldwide.

Suedehead
First Of The Gang
EDILS
Let Me Kiss You
Alma Matters

He played 4 of those in Vegas on the final note but apparently he doesn't play his popular songs.

Not sure if Spotify is a gauge of true popularity though. As Thewlis says Morrissey's monthly listeners are 1.8m, however Echo and the Bunnymen have 1.7m, James have 2.1m and New Order 5.5m. Out of those bands I would say only New Order are generally more popular than Morrissey worldwide.
Interesting thanks. So, 4 of those songs are in the 7 radio airplay hits I mentioned - just not Let Me Kiss You. Yep, I would agree with that analysis about the popularity of those bands. If Morrissey has just under 2m listeners, I'd guess the Smiths have somewhere between 5 and 10m?

Suedehead
First Of The Gang
EDILS
Let Me Kiss You
Alma Matters

If you're going by play count his top 5 is actually:
Suedehead at 92 million
Everyday Is Like Sunday at 66 million
First of The Gang To Die at 59 million
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get at 19.9 million
Let Me Kiss You at 19 million (Spent The Day In Bed is closing in at 18.5 million)

Oh fair enough - I need to find out more about this whole Spotify thing!
Would be interesting to know w
Interesting thanks. So, 4 of those songs are in the 7 radio airplay hits I mentioned - just not Let Me Kiss You. Yep, I would agree with that analysis about the popularity of those bands. If Morrissey has just under 2m listeners, I'd guess the Smiths have somewhere between 5 and 10m?
The Smiths are at 9,5 million.

So about five times as popular as the Bunnymen or James and twice as popular as New Order. Which definitely seems about right.

Suedehead
First Of The Gang
EDILS
Let Me Kiss You
Alma Matters

Actually, The More You Ignore Me is more popular than Let Me... and Spent The Day In Bed is more popular than Alma. Spotify doesn't show the top ten in the exact order of the most listens for some reason. The popularity of Let Me Kiss You is odd to me; I genuinely didn't know it was a well-known Moz song!

If you're going by play count his top 5 is actually:
Suedehead at 92 million
Everyday Is Like Sunday at 66 million
First of The Gang To Die at 59 million
The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get at 19.9 million
Let Me Kiss You at 19 million (Spent The Day In Bed is closing in at 18.5 million)
Thewlis claims he doesn’t play his hits like Suede do, looking at the lists of monthly listens and play count, he does play quite a few of them.

He plays a few of them indeed.
Suede or Bunnymen or The Cure or any other band will play all or most of them, that’s the difference.

lets not forget that suede havent always been great,was a fan in the 90s so its not a dig.
people are saying fans arent up for the tour,well that is probably because nearly everyone on this site has seen him multiple times,i think the shows will go well and think M will be up for the shows.
I think you are right about people who have seen him numerous times maybe not going now, but on other sites, there are a lot of people going to see him for the first time since seeing him at Cruel World, he got a lot of new fans from that.

I think you are right about people who have seen him numerous times maybe not going now, but on other sites, there are a lot of people going to see him for the first time since seeing him at Cruel World, he got a lot of new fans from that.

For those who have seen him multiple times in the UK, I think venue choice comes into play as well. For example, if the Manchester show was at the arena, I wouldn't have bothered but it's at The Apollo so I am and I'm really looking forward to it.

For those who have seen him multiple times in the UK, I think venue choice comes into play as well. For example, if the Manchester show was at the arena, I wouldn't have bothered but it's at The Apollo so I am and I'm really looking forward to it.
I was talking about this the other day re Suede, I really don't like the venue, it's changed and it's very strict about letting you move around, all the venues are now. When Morrissey comes here, he is playing in a brand new 5,000 capacity venue and I just don't feel interested. It does look like he has almost sold it out. The other times I have seen him, I had good seats, so I feel a bit spoiled now. At one concert he was literally 3 feet away from me, walking to the stage and I did not see him because my back was turned to him. I'm still mad about it :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom