Morrissey Central “REBELS WITHOUT ASSISTANCE” (December 22, 2022)

"It's been quite sad. The absence of any promotion is noticeable. It's devastating how no one can ever get this right. But they can't, or they won't. Radio stations, as far as I can tell, will play just about anything they're asked to. But as I've always said, true artists must always look after themselves whereas non-artists are encouraged and advanced beyond reason. When you walk through a storm hold your head up high … as the song goes!"

Morrissey in conversation, Los Angeles, December 2022.
Provided by K, C and H.

You should do that for a living.

You don't have a self employed, easy to please Uncle with a poor sense of quality control, keen to increase his online profile?
My crude photoshooting skills using a stripped down version of Photoshop for Android are legitimately better than Sam, but that isn't too difficult.

I don´t think anyone posts comments on this website because they think it might have any direct impact on Moz´s thinking or ´career´, for good or ill. It´s simply called expresing yourself. And expressing yourself is good. It´s one of the essential human freedoms - and it is very muhc under attack these days. One motivation for some might be a desire to influence the thinking of other fans - to like Morrissey less or to like Morrissey more, and that I suppose might help or hinder his career if enough people changed their mind about him. But I wouldn´t credit the Skinnys of this world with that much power. And the same goes for those of us who post mostly positive comments about Morrissey.

It´s ultimately all just scribbling on a toilet wall.

Yes, the perfect definition for solo.

Some are just out to be assholes, but most just want a levelheaded discussion about one of the artists that mean the most to us. That includes criticism just like it includes praise.

I agree with all of that. But when constant criticism becomes their idea of having ‘fun’ then it must be questioned and should not be tolerated.

He´s not a bitch in the Scottish tv interview - but he´s also pretty scathing in a gentlemanly kind of way - talking about there not being a murmur from the audience when told that Morrissey wouldn´t be appearing, and only 422 disgruntled Morrissey fans wanting their money back. He was clearly counting lol.

Or an arbitrary number that was directed at the media for lying about the audience leaving after it was announced that Morrissey wouldn’t be performing.

I agree with all of that. But when constant criticism becomes their idea of having ‘fun’ then it must be questioned and should not be tolerated.
Yes, but you’re talking about the trolls now, I think.

The failure to mention Bowie's death was a deliberate snub, for whatever reason. At the time Morrissey was issuing sorrowful obituaries on a regular basis to every singer or obscure Hollywood star who was croaking, so it was a noticeable absence.

It was his decision to go on record to officially endorse a far-right political party that finally did for his reputation (rather than any vague racism or bigotry). There was no ambiguity in it. It was a crystal clear personal statement on his personal website that remains there to this day (backed up by repeatedly wearing their emblem a year later in front of millions) and is referenced in various other online sources such as the For Britain Wikipedia entry. It needs to be unequivocally retracted if he is ever to shift the public perception of his political worldview.
Record companies won't promote him, he's about as attractive in these times as the Jack Jones naf song 'Wives and lovers'. NOT.
Good for them.

The failure to mention Bowie's death was a deliberate snub, for whatever reason. At the time Morrissey was issuing sorrowful obituaries on a regular basis to every singer or obscure Hollywood star who was croaking, so it was a noticeable absence.
He personally signed some of Bowie’s back catalogue. And sold it, at his own concerts, for $300 a pop.

What do you want, blood?

that’s one view point. Guess, we’ll never know.

It's tantrum time again:lbf: I think Morrissey in the walker was a witty play on 'assistance' in the title of this thread, and it was appropriate and on point. Using someone's autism against them for making a funny meme is beyond despicable.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom