“Morrissey, so much to answer for” by Dorian Lynskey - New Statesman

Morrissey, so much to answer for - New Statesman
There are no excuses left for the former Smiths frontman’s repugnant political views.

By Dorian Lynskey. Illustration by Ellie Foreman-Peck.

42894_97FFE90E-F8F7-47D2-A9CF-3A3A72DA27FA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
simple question,why do a lot of American homes have the us flag on their front porch and yet if someone put a union jack in their garden in the uk they would be classed as right wing,confusing to say the least.hail hail.7.

I find the American reverence of the national flag as being extremely odd. It's almost as if they have personified and deified the flag. It's the sort of blind faith that can lead civilisations to do horrible things.

Because fascists of all types have more in common than they wish to admit.

Well, Morrissey now says that "Hitler was left wing"!!!
Ha ha ha ha! Once of the oldest cliches from traditional the NF/BNP/ English far right literature, dished out in a feeble attempt to justify the obvious contradiction of English Patriotism=Support for the Ideology that Bombed the Shit out of England.
England's former favourite singer with Aspergers must have picked that up from a leaflet or something and now he's parroting it!

Bungalow

So that makes Morrissey's support for the umpteenth party recycling BNP/LibertyGB/EDL rejects all right, doesn't it?

Bungalow

Hope Not Hate do a lot of good work exposing racial and religious prejudice. Their work on exposing anti-Semitism shows that they are more than willing to piss off those who they would usually be allied with.

simple question,why do a lot of American homes have the us flag on their front porch and yet if someone put a union jack in their garden in the uk they would be classed as right wing,confusing to say the least.hail hail.7.

Because in the US they're very Nationalistic. I don't know if you'd be classed as right wing here, just a bit odd, or quirky. We're culturally a more reserved bunch.

Stuart Pearce had one up years ago, he probably still does. With him you'd probably be disappointed in him if he didn't haha.

Because in the US they're very Nationalistic. I don't know if you'd be classed as right wing here, just a bit odd, or quirky. We're culturally a more reserved bunch.

Stuart Pearce had one up years ago, he probably still does. With him you'd probably be disappointed in him if he didn't haha.

I think over here, while we like Britain, I think many, many people just find worshipping the flag a bit odd, really. We just don't get it.

I think sticking a flag up would be seen as a bit of a 'chav' thing to do. I don't think it's a left or right thing, more of a thing where people will go 'look at the state of that twat' if you stuck a flag up.

British flag a no go for you and the Chezz? I got a couple of models here perhaps more suitable:
isis-palestine-flag.jpg
I think over here, while we like Britain, I think many, many people just find worshipping the flag a bit odd, really. We just don't get it.

Most British people just aren't particularly bothered by it. We can take it or leave it. Unlike in the USA, we aren't taught to have this almost holy reverence of the flag from a young age, and we aren't that insecure about our national identity that we need a flag to convince us and remind us that we're British.

British flag a no go for you and the Chezz? I got a couple of models here perhaps more suitable:
isis-palestine-flag.jpg

Most British people just aren't particularly bothered by it. We can take it or leave it. Unlike in the USA, we aren't taught to have this almost holy reverence of the flag from a young age, and we aren't that insecure about our national identity that we need a flag to convince us and remind us that we're British.
I thought you lefties had most Brits down as 'twats, c***s, planks, fascists, nationalist tossers and racists' that voted Leave.
:rolleyes:

I thought you lefties had most Brits down as 'twats, c***s, planks, fascists, nationalist tossers and racists' that voted Leave.
:rolleyes:

No wonder people on here just treat you like an absolute f***tard.

Now go and recite back a couple of Morrissey lines to mummy.

Bungalow

I’d agree with this. Of course, the Union flag will be out in force for the Royal Wedding, no doubt this time alongside plenty of Stars and Stripes. Then it’ll be time for the St. George’s flag for the World Cup, then back to the odd sighting on a public building. Our main church in the town centre flies the flag of St. George every day, even though most of the structure you see today was built by the Normans.

I quite like seeing the British flag fluttering occasionally. It’s a beautiful thing in my opinion. Of course, the Americans aren’t the only nation to celebrate their flag at every possible opportunity. You can’t move for the national flag in Thailand. I sat outside a coffee shop there once and counted nearly thirty flags without craning my neck, and that’s not counting the royal flag which is very common too.

There are nations who appear to be less proud of their national symbols too...

I’d agree with this. Of course, the Union flag will be out in force for the Royal Wedding, no doubt this time alongside plenty of Stars and Stripes. Then it’ll be time for the St. George’s flag for the World Cup, then back to the odd sighting on a public building. Our main church in the town centre flies the flag of St. George every day, even though most of the structure you see today was built by the Normans.

I quite like seeing the British flag fluttering occasionally. It’s a beautiful thing in my opinion. Of course, the Americans aren’t the only nation to celebrate their flag at every possible opportunity. You can’t move for the national flag in Thailand. I sat outside a coffee shop there once and counted nearly thirty flags without craning my neck, and that’s not counting the royal flag which is very common too.

There are nations who appear to be less proud of their national symbols too...

It's quite a harmless symbol really. The trouble is that it has become a synonym for racists, rightly or wrongly, as both the BNP and the NF, and now For Britain featured it so prominently in their propaganda and symbolism.

Last edited:
It's quite a harmful symbol really. The trouble is that it has become a synonym for racists, rightly or wrongly, as both the BNP and the NF, and now For Britain featured it so prominently in their propaganda and symbolism.

Labour certainly wouldn’t be seen dead with one.

8F6A046A-874A-4C62-B977-C1FE7CFC3492.jpeg

Benny you know he is vegan, it was because of idiots like you he took his shoe off on the Larry King show (funny you never mention his shoes anymore) what are you after, Moz stripping naked on his next tv appearance.. ah! it all begins to fall in to place now.. best regards, manc lad

You're getting all mixed up now. Go back and watch it again, he starts to use the shoe distraction trick to stop Larry asking more questions about #Cancer-gate.
Now then. Wool and Cashmere ? Over to you.:brows:

He's a CrankFraud !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom