Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY RETURNS TO L.A.” (February 28, 2022)

Photo by Fred Sandford.

55AF81E6-447E-47FB-9B66-5B7FE93364B0.jpeg

Probably something similar to this
I wouldn't expect much of a warm welcome for new songs no one knows at a festival like this. So, yes, I would probably expect a setlist similar to the Riot Fest. In other words, nothing from Bonfire.

Wouldn’t mind if he did ‘This Night Has..’ again.

I’ve hoped for a new song at every show he’s ever done, so that will never change.

I expect same band and same songs.

And yet ...

Makes me think that he could bring back World peace is none of your business (Egypt, Ukraine, so many people living in pain), which will make many people happy of course.
Perhaps he should write a whiny letter to Harvest demanding that it should be released as a single to make some cash from the war in Ukraine. Or rather make Boz write one.

Perhaps he should write a whiny letter to Harvest demanding that it should be released as a single to make some cash from the war in Ukraine. Or rather make Boz write one.

If that’ll make you happy, maybe you can tweet Boz and ask if it’s a possibility?

Good idea, with all proceeds going to himself!

When Putin raised the threat of nuclear war, I think that was the perfect opportunity for Morrissey to re-release 'Everyday is Like Sunday' as cash-in single. Expect this to make the set-list, at least.

Wouldn’t be a surprised if he did
‘Everyday is Like Sunday' with it being a festival though.

And nuclear war is always a possibility, even accidentally.
He usually does Sunday at theses
Gigs as a staple tho 😁

:lbf: This is quite possible since he is veering into Dave Wakeling territory, who literally played a pasta and pizza joint near me. An evening of hilarity:lbf:
Dave Wakeling is amazing. General Public and The English Beat were fantastic and seriously underrated.

I don't understand how Bauhaus are second from top of the bill?
Maybe I am missing something but I only thought they had one good lp
I would have thought Blonde and Echo would have been higher up than them, and Devo for that matter.
I do love Bauhaus Kick In The Eye song, Barbarism Begins At Home, is certainly a lift

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

🙄

Morrissey will smash this shindig
And he will have all the red necks
Screaming out for more...

VIVA MORRISSEY
Very good Carlis!! It is absolutely so!!! Moz is Morrissey and will sweep !!!!! and he can't bow down without singing to the Smiths who are his songs, for having some confrontation with Marr

:lbf: This is quite possible since he is veering into Dave Wakeling territory, who literally played a pasta and pizza joint near me. An evening of hilarity:lbf:
Wakeling should retire,great mandolin player and that's about it,

I don't understand how Bauhaus are second from top of the bill?
Maybe I am missing something but I only thought they had one good lp
I would have thought Blonde and Echo would have been higher up than them, and Devo for that matter.
I do love Bauhaus Kick In The Eye song, Barbarism Begins At Home, is certainly a lift
Some people would wonder why Morrissey is headlining over Blondie and Devo as well. But this is in Los Angeles and Morrissey’s base. Bauhaus recently did a legendary and incendiary show around 2019/2020 in LA which will be hard to top.

Some people would wonder why Morrissey is headlining over Blondie and Devo as well. But this is in Los Angeles and Morrissey’s base. Bauhaus recently did a legendary and incendiary show around 2019/2020 in LA which will be hard to top.
:)

LePepePew is the one opening for Blondie:lbf:
not once but numerous times:lbf:
hes an opener
while Moz is a superstar(y)
he needs to check his weak mind and accept reality:hammer:

Today, I have the feeling that Morrissey has left Britain. Maybe I'm reading too much into the message from Central, but it could mean that he has returned to Los Angeles already.
If he stays in the UK much longer he'll be liable for a tax bill, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's done a runner.

If he stays in the UK much longer he'll be liable for a tax bill, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's done a runner.

That or trying to get away from a radioactive cloud. Hard to say which would make him run faster.
Death and taxes.

:unsure:

Bye Morrissi! Send us a postcard from the beach! We might not have eyes anymore when we get it, but it's the thought that counts surely!

We're gonna party like it's 1979.
all not very excited
we don't know why
is it because
they're soon gonna die?

unless we beat them old folks to it! It's a tie!

Back
Top Bottom