Morrissey Central “MORRISSEY RETURNS TO L.A.” (February 28, 2022)

Photo by Fred Sandford.

55AF81E6-447E-47FB-9B66-5B7FE93364B0.jpeg

Be very strange if he performs any Smiths songs, considering the current spat with Marr (who would be due live performance royalties as a result). Expecting the setlist to feature the likes of 'I Don't Mind if You Forget Me', 'I'm Ok By Myself' etc instead.

His latest crush is Ukrainian, so M might have forgotten all about this while he's trying to find out if Kateryna Pavlenko is safe.

(re Smiths songs being played)

Last edited by a moderator:
But Morrissey isn't doing anything :unsure: just headling a huge festival for 2 days
Eat your fking heart out LePepe
I'm not sure boasting about being a headliner, on what is basically an 80s nostalgia gig , which itself was sorted out 2 years ago, is any great feat
Im hoping he does some gigs around it, festivals are usually gross and he rarely seems to like them

The thing is, and I do not mean this s judgey way, the rest of the world kinda looks at CA like a backwards place = with their Morrissey and Specials days, it's pretty lame
Apart from the New York, America seems stuck in the 80s, in terms of music, you get these hipsters that go around with Smiths, Joy Division Cure T-shirts as if they are edgy. These are grandpa bands now.

I hope The Moz has got a deal and he can get some music out before the concert, if not it's pretty useless, yes he makes money but it could have been a place where he shifted product - he could have won over some of the crowd who are there for other bands and sold his new lp

I have heard AOT of people say, they will leave when M is on, I hope that isn't true

His latest crush is Ukrainian, so M might have forgotten all about this while he's trying to find out if Kateryna Pavlenko is safe.

Also, he might be thinking... thank god I didn't book a bed-sit in Kiev.

I'm not sure boasting about being a headliner, on what is basically an 80s nostalgia gig , which itself was sorted out 2 years ago, is any great feat
Im hoping he does some gigs around it, festivals are usually gross and he rarely seems to like them

The thing is, and I do not mean this s judgey way, the rest of the world kinda looks at CA like a backwards place = with their Morrissey and Specials days, it's pretty lame
Apart from the New York, America seems stuck in the 80s, in terms of music, you get these hipsters that go around with Smiths, Joy Division Cure T-shirts as if they are edgy. These are grandpa bands now.

I hope The Moz has got a deal and he can get some music out before the concert, if not it's pretty useless, yes he makes money but it could have been a place where he shifted product - he could have won over some of the crowd who are there for other bands and sold his new lp

I have heard AOT of people say, they will leave when M is on, I hope that isn't true

I've heard that too, that people will leave. He's got to do some hits early on or else he'll get demoralized when people leave. In that case, I wouldn't count on him showing up for the second night.

I've heard that too, that people will leave. He's got to do some hits early on or else he'll get demoralized when people leave. In that case, I wouldn't count on him showing up for the second night.
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

🙄

Morrissey will smash this shindig
And he will have all the red necks
Screaming out for more...

VIVA MORRISSEY

JR, what are you talking about, LePepe SR is opening for Blondie FFS:lbf:
while Moz will be raking in the :moneybag:

no chance of the old timer broke no money Pep selling his dumb 4-1 'album' at the oldies Blondie show, it tanked in the first week as usual.:blushing:

:hammer:

JR, what are you talking about, LePepe SR is opening for Blondie FFS:lbf:
while Moz will be raking in the :moneybag:

no chance of the old timer broke no money Pep selling his dumb 4-1 'album' at the oldies Blondie show, it tanked in the first week as usual.:blushing:

:hammer:
There's no shame in LePepe supporting Blondie. They will be playing an arena near me.

I'll be at the same show, my only regret is I wont be closer to the front.

Yes I only booked a month ago so quite high up to the left of the stage. To be honest I didn't realise Blondie could still fill arenas nowadays, that's some achievement when your in your mid 70's.

Billy Idol playing there too, I wasn't sure what his popularity was like these days and I only got into him because of Morrissey.

Since this is a nostalgia festival, he might have some trouble if he doesn't play any Smiths.
They didn't invite nostalgia band "Electronic"?

Makes me think that he could bring back World peace is none of your business (Egypt, Ukraine, so many people living in pain), which will make many people happy of course.

Today, I have the feeling that Morrissey has left Britain. Maybe I'm reading too much into the message from Central, but it could mean that he has returned to Los Angeles already.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom